Volunteer at an Animal Rescue Center in Costa Rica
Greenheart Travel participant Greenheart Travel participant

Volunteer at an Animal Rescue Center in Costa Rica

Excellent!

I would really like to go to Costa Rica again, it really changed me and brought out the other side of me because I was scared of change. This trip showed me that change is okay and don't be scared because you'll regret if you hadn't done it. You have to be prepared for change in cultures and I learned that on this trip. The whole time I was there, people greeted me and didn't treat me different just because I came from another country. Our host families treated us like their own. I loved that part. Greenheart Travel has good communication skills with the people traveling and the people who lives in the community. I think the pre-departure they gave me all the information that I needed to know.

Incredible

I had an amazing time in Costa Rica. I loved my host family, they made everything feel like home. Not to mention the food was great. The animals were so fun to work with and learning about them made me look at animals with a whole new perspective. I want to go back so bad!

Want to go back!

I had an amazing time in Costa Rica. Its nice to be back with my family and friends but i definitely i wish i could have stayed longer. 3 weeks wasn't long enough for me! it was a really great experience for me and I'm happy that i got to do it. I loved meeting all the locals and the animals were amazing! It's a really beautiful country and I can't wait to go back and explore and learn more! I'm thinking of going again next year in the summer with a friend!

Becoming a tico!

Greenheart Travel has an excellent program, allowing students from all over the world to immerse themselves in a different culture. Through Greenheart Travel I was able to volunteer in Proyecto Asis for two weeks, where my Spanish improved, I was able to meet great people, and eat delicious food. The host families were wonderful and treated you as if you were one of their kids, and the people around were kind as well. I was able to see and experience what it feels like to actually be apart of the Costa Rican culture. I was able to take care of animals, learn how to cook traditional foods, and visit the beautiful scenery Costa Rica has to offer. Thank You Greenheart!

Life-Altering Program

I would like to thank Greenheart Travel and everyone who made the trip possible. The entire experience was unforgettable and I will remember every moment for the rest of my life. I cannot put into words my gratitude for being able to participate in such an incredible program. I met amazing people, I visited a beautiful country, and I was able to help precious wildlife. The staff in Costa Rica were so welcoming and accompanied me through every step as I landed. My host family made me feel comfortable in a new environment and gave me another perspective into foreign lifestyle. Through my experiences, I have acquired a plethora of new, life-long friends in Costa Rica and my host family. I cannot thank you enough for giving me an opportunity of a lifetime.

Amazing Experience in Costa Rica!

The staff members at the wildlife sanctuary were some of the most passionate and generous people I know. They were instructive, kind, friendly, and made me feel very welcome. The staff at Greenheart is awesome too, because they helped me prepare for my trip. Everyone I worked alongside have wonderful senses of humor.

Do not fear if you do not know how to speak Spanish because the staff will figure out a way to communicate to you what needs to be done. The other teens involved were awesome too! When I was at the sanctuary, I got to know the other students all really well while working alongside them. We even had a celebration together on the last night at my host family's house where everyone came over for dinner!

Volunteer at Proyecto Asis

I had an amazing time volunteering at Proyecto Asis. The staff was so fun and sweet, they really make sure you're comfortable and have a good time. It was incredible to work hands on with the animals and learn so much about animal trafficking. My host family went above and beyond to make sure I had a good time and got to do everything I wanted to do. Amazing people, amazing wild life, amazing experience.

Loved Every Minute

There are so many interesting and new things to experience every day working at the animal sanctuary in Costa Rica. It's hard work but really fun too. I thought it was really satisfying working with all the cute animals and awesomely nice people. The staff is amazing! No regrets!