Volunteer and Teach in Mexico

Volunteer and Teach in Mexico

Loved it!

I loved the program and all volunteers! Very easy to form a community while traveling alone. I stayed with a host family and enjoyed it! At first I was nervous, I would be disconnected from the group not living at the Volunteer Inn, but that was not the case at all! I volunteered with the Teaching English and teaching abroad was such a cool experience- I LOVED it. The kids were amazing! If you come, just remember to drink lots and lots of water!

IVHQ

I truly enjoyed volunteering in Mexico! It was an unforgettable experience. I taught English in a small town, Xcuyun. The kids were super sweet and eager to learn English. Due to their financial circumstAnces, the kids are unable to trAvel but it is through us that they are able to see what's beyond their small town. The volunteer coordinator, Juls Carrillo, was helpful in guiding volunteers when necessary.

Teaching English in Cholul

I spent time in Cholul teaching english to young kids. I did not have much teaching experience so I tried my best to help them learn. But it was a great experience and we both ended up learning a lot. I hope the kids I tried to help will keep learning and pursuing knowledge. Great program, great town, and i very much enjoyed it.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review September 30, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Thanks for sharing a little of your experience volunteering in Mexico. It's great you enjoyed the opportunity to do teaching and your time in Merida. Thanks for being an IVHQer.