Volunteer in Childcare in South Africa

Volunteer in Childcare in South Africa

Live laugh love

Seriously the best experience in my life. Have an open mind and I assure you you will have a blast. Be prepared to meet people from over the world and most importantly emerge and respect the local culture. Don’t think twice when volunteering,, do it and stay as long as you can you won’t regret it. Some people on my program were not pleased about the program they chose so make a wise selection. If you have donde it before you will enjoy it more. I personally did childcare and I loved every second of it.

Volunteering 6 months in SA

I volunteered for 6 months in South Africa with Ivhq and it was the best decisions i could have made. I just finished high school and even though all my friends were starting University in fall, I wanted to travel and to see a little bit more of the world. I worked in a daycare center in a township called Capricorn and the kids i worked with were so amazing! Not being able to see them every day breaks my heart and i wish i could go back again. During my time in South Africa i met amazing friends (Volunteers and Kids) and i know i will be in contact with most for a very long time. Volunteering and experience a culture so different from mine really helped me grow a bit as a person and also made me really grateful for everything i was given. I really recommend volunteering because it can help you grow as a person while experiencing a different culture and seeing amazing new places.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review May 21, 2018 at 9:43 PM

Thanks for your reviews Anna! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on the program, and hope this break, before beginning university, has helped you a little bit to decide what you want to do in the future. I am sure that the children miss you as much as you them, and thanks for just being generally awesome! ^Claire - IVHQ South Africa Program Manager

Everyone is so awesome.

One of my close friends came to South Africa and went through a similar organization and she recommended IVHQ.

Typically, we wake up at around like 6 to 7:30 and then Karl picks us up and drives us to daycare. And we have morning routine go through certain activities, snack time, lunch. Then they take a nap. Karl picks up back up and we go home and have lunch.

Volunteers just need to be really open-minded and try and help as much as you can with the kids. Everyone is so awesome.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review February 08, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Hi Jordy, thanks for providing a little look into the daily life of a volunteer in South Africa. We’re glad to read that you enjoyed your program!

I love it! The kids are so cute and just so lovable. They're adorable.

I found this program when I was researching different organizations to volunteer with. This is my second volunteer trip with a group that I haven't used before and it sounded very affordable. I like that they basically did what they stood for.

Normally, a typical day is I get picked up for the program. Come in the morning for a couple of hours. Hang out with the kids, have a little lesson, color, and play at the playground. And then, afterwards, we go explore Cape Town or Muizenberg, hike, and we pretty much do as we please.

Future volunteers should definitely come with an open-mind and open heart for the kids. You'll fall in love with them. And just be really open to meeting new people and different cultures.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review February 08, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Hi Kody, thanks for providing some great advice for future volunteers in South Africa. We’re happy to hear the you enjoyed your time as a volunteer and would love to have you as an IVHQer again soon!

I love it here!

I've been here for four weeks now. My guidance counselor at my high school recommended IVHQ because it was cheap, really affordable and the cool places they offer .

I love it here. It's the best time ever. I was really nervous at first. But the people here are awesome. The friends you meet are great and the kids are just better.

On a typical day, we wake up at like 7 oclock and get ready for the program. We get dropped off at the location at around 8:15. We stay here and we play on the playground a lot. They learn the days of the weeks, colors, and all that stuff. We get picked up at around 12:15 to 12:30. We eat lunch, go to the beach, we go explore, we go on hikes, and have fun.

Future volunteers should definitely come everyday to the program with the biggest smile on your face and try to help the kids. Because they get so excited, they don't even know you but they hang out, hug you, and they kiss you and it's so awesome to see that. And I recommend bringing things for the kids like school supplies and cleaning stuff. No need to bring your computer and stuff. I barely used my phone ever. Definitely bring a camera cause this place is awesome and the pictures are incredible.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review February 08, 2016 at 1:52 PM

Hi Hannah, thanks for the positive recommendation on our volunteer program in South Africa, and providing future volunteers with a glimpse into daily life as a volunteer! Proud to call you an IVHQer!