World's #1 Affordable Volunteer Programs. Trusted By 80,000+

World's #1 Affordable Volunteer Programs. Trusted By 80,000+

Wild Elephant Program

My time in Sri Lanka was second to none! Getting to help conserve wild elephants while seeing many other species of mammals, birds, and reptiles was incredible! The staff become good friends if you stay long enough and the food alone is worth staying for! Some of the best I’ve ever eaten! I highly recommend this program to anyone who loves conservation or nature!

IVHQ Bali will change you.

I went into IVHQ looking for an organization that is reasonably costly for the volunteer to be able to actually give quality assistance to whatever is they want to support. It was my first time volunteering abroad and it had exceeded my expectations above and beyond. IVHQ is a very well organized volunteering website that gives accurate information, I had called in and spoken to the office on the phone many of times and the staff are professional and absolutely lovely. Volunteering at Green Lion Bali was life altering and the love of the staff there and many life lessons I learned there have all been thanks to IVHQ.

Thank you guys!

Great experience

My family (4 kids from 17 to 8) and I had a really good experience working with the VCE Street Children program. It was hard work, but really rewarding! The volunteer coordinators, host family and everyone involved made it a good experience. We don't speak a lot of Spanish in the family, but that didn't hinder us too much in working with the children. We felt like we had an opportunity to contribute in a small way to the experience and hope that others continue to select and participate in the program.

My volunteer time in Antigua, Guatemala; (Toronto, Canada)

Buenos Días! My experience with International Volunteer HQ, Maximo Nivel was wonderful. It's always been my dream to volunteer abroad and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to do so. During my two weeks in Antigua, I volunteered at an orphanage and at a construction site where I had the opportunity to assist in building a local medical clinic for the Guatemalan population. Throughout my volunteer journey, I was constantly learning something new about the Guatemalan culture, environment, and meeting new people from around the world. What I loved most about my volunteer experience was there was always something new happening every day. For example, I had the opportunity to participate in creating Alfombras for Semana Santa with the Maximo Nivel staff and volunteers. This allowed me to meet new people and learn about the beautiful culture. My host family was amazing! They were accommodating and very understanding. The staff at Maximo Nivel were supportive, sincere, and accommodating. They made my experience even more enjoyable. Maximo Nivel offered various classes, programs, and excursions for volunteers that were engaging, interactive, and simply fun. Although having a background in Spanish was not necessary for my volunteer projects, it was sometimes difficult to speak to the locals so please keep in mind to learn a bit of Spanish before you volunteer in Antigua. I also took donations with me and it made a huge difference for the Guatemalan community. Overall my experience with International Volunteer HQ, Maximo Nivel was amazing and rewarding. The fact that I was able to create an impact on thousands of lives during my time in Antigua simply made me realize that I can do more in other countries. I recommend those of you that want to make a difference in the world to check out IVHQ. Thank you International Volunteer HQ, Maximo Nivel for making my time in Guatemala surreal!

Guatemala

Hi, I'm Deenuka from Toronto and I just got back from my two week volunteer medical position from Guatemala. To sum up my experience- it was amazing! I went with no expectations and came back super happy. I worked at a local village at a family care clinic called Mother Theresa. The difference in medicine from North America to Guatemala really did open my eyes. I got to see a whole new side to Medical are that I have never seen before. The people of Guatemala are so generous, welcoming and are so grateful for any help that they receive. My favourite part of my trip was when I got to go to a old age home and do complete check ups. The elders were so happy and appreciative of all our help. Initially the thought of setting up this volunteer position was daunting, I didn't know where to start. IVHQ did such a thorough job giving us simple steps and guild lines to follow to make our registration process seamless. Any questions I had they got back to me within a day. The project managers on site- Maximo Nivel were also amazing. They were so helpful and accommodating and made sure we felt welcomed. Although I was in a different country that I've never been to before, I had comfort knowing that I had such warm people around. Over all, the whole experience was a positive one from setting up the project to physically being there to volunteer. Thank you IVHQ and Maximo Nivel for making such a positive influence and allowing me to be apart of it.

Once in a lifetime experience

This was my first time volunteering abroad and I am so glad that I was able to volunteer with this program and with the people I got to volunteer with. Everyone was so kind, friendly, and welcoming the moment I arrived.

If you have ever wanted to volunteer abroad and don't know where to start, look no further than IVHQ and if you love outdoors then choose to volunteer in Vic Falls. This program and these people have changed my life and I can't thank them enough for the love and joy they brought into my life during those 2 weeks!

• Itinerary

• Satisfaction

Amazing!!

My time volunteering in Portugal was the most amazing experience. It gave me the comfort and growth to travel and experience new adventures on my own. The staff, locals and coordinators ensured my stay was the best possible experience.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 09, 2018 at 4:07 PM

Hi Andy - It's awesome to hear about your time on the program, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience in Ghana. Our local team is awesome and I'm thrilled to hear you felt supported by them in every capacity during your time on the program. I wish you all the best! ^Caroline - IVHQ Portugal Program Manager

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

Teaching English

I can not say enough about this experience. The Green Lion organization that I worked with through IVHQ were incredible. The placement was great, small village that was very accepting of foreigners, students that were hard to leave, and our residence was relaxing with incredible food. I would highly recommend both IVHQ and The Green Lion!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 09, 2018 at 3:49 PM

Hi Karin, it's great to hear you enjoyed your time in Laos and the true Laotian experience you receive there! We're looking forward to having you return to Laos or maybe one of our other destinations! ^Will - IVHQ Laos Program Manager

Kathmandu, Nepal

I just returned home from a 2 week trip to Kathmandu, Nepal volunteering with IVHQ in Childcare. The entire pre-process was so easy and the IVHQ staff answered all my questions along the way. The cost was completely reasonable and there were no hidden costs. The experience in Nepal was life changing. The orientation was comprehensive. I felt comfortable starting this new adventure. The home stay was comfortable and the family was kind and helpful. The staff in Nepal took care of every detail from ensuring my placement best fit my needs to organizing weekend adventures. I would highly recommend volunteering with IVHQ.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 04, 2018 at 4:29 PM

Hi Sarah. Thank you for your reviews, it's awesome to hear you found your experience to be life changing. It's important to us to make sure volunteers feel well supported on their programs and it sounds like you had a really positive and memorable experience. We'd love to see you on another of our programs soon. ^Sam - IVHQ Nepal Program Manager

Teaching in Ghana with IVHQ

My two months with IVHQ Ghana opened my eyes, and heart, in a way I have never experienced before. I went through the teaching program but was able to participate in agriculture and medical events as well, which was amazing since I was able to learn even more through that! I learned so much about not only the culture, educational system, and way of life, but also about myself. The staff (and locals!) are all so friendly, welcoming, and encouraging. I was able to build relationships with people from across the globe, while also knowing I was making a difference in people's lives, even if in the smallest of ways. Staff members offered support and assistance whenever asked, and checked in every couple of weeks to make sure things were going well with the program/placements. I am excited to begin planning my next adventure to a new country with IVHQ!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 03, 2018 at 2:51 PM

Hi Alexa - it's so awesome to hear you enjoyed your time on the program and felt supported by our local team while you were in Ghana! Your contribution was much appreciated and I'm so glad to hear you learned so much about not only how local life works but also about yourself in the process. I wish you all the best! ^Kaila - IVHQ Ghana Program Manager

Slum teaching - Delhi

I volunteered in New Delhi, India in a Slum School placement from February 17th for 3 weeks. My experience in India with IVHQ was brilliant, from the moment I registered to my flight home. The admin staff answered all questions and concerns that I had while applying very promptly and the website layout was very user friendly. All the information you need including Visa information / specific country information is there in a informal format that was very useful for me. Anything that wasn’t there was answered within 24 hours via email.

The staff in Delhi were also outstanding. They went above and beyond to make all the volunteers feel comfortable attending to our every need. We felt very valued and like part of the family from the get go! They even helped us organise tourist trips over weekends, finding us good price hotels and transport... very helpful when we need a translator! They are clearly passionate and made our experience 100 times better.

Our accommodation was clean and comfortable in spacious apartments... there was 3 to 4 beds to a room but if you require a private room this could be catered for for an extra price. The food was AMAZING. Every day was different and there was plenty of it! All made very fresh and piping hot. Filter water available for free water bottle refills.

Our placement in the slum school was crazy but we eased in rather fast. Our placements were definitely in the most in need areas which made them challenging but all the more rewarding. I will always remember the children I worked with and my amazing experience teaching them. I feel very lucky.

As long as you come with an open mind, ready to work hard and ready to receive a whole lot of love from the kids you will love IVHQ Delhi.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 17, 2018 at 9:20 PM

Hi Alice, it was great to read all about your volunteering experience, sounds like you had an amazing time in India and I'm glad to hear that you were well looked after by the Local Team! Thanks for sharing your experience on the Slum Teaching project, I'm sure this will have an ever lasting impact on you and your insight is very valuable for future IVHQ volunteers considering this project. Thanks again for volunteering with IVHQ and we would love to have you join us again! ^Samantha - IVHQ India Program Manager

My incredible 3-weeks in Bogotá with IVHQ

I've always known that I would volunteer internationally one day. I knew I wanted to teach and I knew it would be somewhere in America Latina: the only thing I didn't know was how should I do it. Then, one day, I saw that a colleague of mine was volunteering with IVHQ in Indonesia and I immediately searched all I could about the organization and I understood it would be my best option: they guaranteed me support, a house, food, contact with other volunteers and specific programs for a very decent value (I'm aware that the idea of "paying to volunteer" may be weird for some but, in my case, I knew I was paying for safety and all-time support and, being my first experience, I needed that to be confident enough to do something like this).
In the pre-volunteering weeks all my questions were answered in time and with detail, making me more excited and hopeful for the weeks to come.The volunteering itself was everything i could have asked for. I was lucky enough to meet some amazing volunteers that I will keep in my heart forever, with whom i visited Bogota, went out at night, travelled to other parts of Colombia on weekends, arranged future get-together's... The coordinators were kind and helpful, treating us like family and making sure we always felt at home. The house was always clean and cosy and, honestly, I felt so much at my own house during those weeks that I even miss that bunk bed. And last but definitely not least: the programs. I taught English to young kids and university students, contrasting environments that allowed me to interact with different people and be aware of the different struggles they go through. Moreover, I was allowed to help in other projects, such as the homeless one, and to have all these possibilities was incredibly rewarding.
Therefore, my advice is simple: if you want to volunteer with an organization that guides you through all steps and makes sure you have the most fulfilling experience ever than IVHQ is the right choice for you.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 03, 2018 at 2:47 PM

Hi Beatriz, Thanks for sharing such a detailed review of your time in Bogota. It's wonderful to hear that the whole experience met your expectations from start to finish and that you felt supported the whole way. I'm glad to hear you were able to travel to other parts of Colombia - it's a beautiful and diverse country! It sounds like you made a very positive impact at your placement - thanks for such a valuable contribution! We hope to have you join us again soon :) ^Clover - IVHQ Colombia Program Manager

Memorable

My experience at the Cordoba-Argentina project was unforgettable. Not only did I meet fabulous volunteers from all over the world and learned more about the rich culture of Argentina, but I also learned more about myself and others.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 03, 2018 at 2:42 PM

Hi Charlie, Thanks for sharing the highlights of your time in Cordoba - it's great to hear that it was an unforgettable experience and that you met people from all over the world. We hope to have you join us again soon! ^Clover - IVHQ Argentina Program Manager

Sisters trip

My time in Romania was truly life changing. I traveled with my younger sister and it was such a bonding experience. I could not have asked for better on site support from both Care2travel and the schools that I taught in. IVHQ set up the program in such a way that it was easy to feel comfortable and safe. I think I learned more about myself in three weeks than I could have ever imaged. The staff at Care2Travel were extremely helpful and offered myself and my sister (who I was traveling with) a lot of support throughout our trip! I'm under the firm belief that, counter to popular opinion, one does not leave bits of themselves in the places they travel. Rather the countries that you go to become a part of you. I am so blessed to know that Csikszereda, Romania will always remain in my heart. One piece of advice I would give is to always be adaptable (in your accommodations life and your volunteer placement). If you are open to learning from any experience, I am sure you will find your trip very enriching.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review March 28, 2018 at 7:42 PM

Hi Kristine - it's amazing to read about your life changing experience on the Romania Program! It's always so rewarding to hear from volunteers who not only were able to contribute to the local community, but also learn something about themselves along the way. I'm so glad you embraced the opportunity for personal and professional growth, and thank you for your incredible contribution to the program. I wish you all the best! ^Kaila - IVHQ Romania Program Manager

Volunteering with IVHQ, it’s a must do!

Volunteering through IVHQ has been a great experience! Not only do you get to see the world through the people’s eyes, but you get to live it also. Working to make small communities a little bit better, making people’s lives a little bit easier, it’s an extremely rewarding experience!
You get to meet so many beautiful people from all across the world. In the group I had started my volunteer work with, each of the 8 people were from a different country, of different origins, and all different accents. That alone was a great experience.
You get to see the beauty of the areas you live in, live the way the locals would and eat the local food, which is still pretty good.
It is definitely an experience worth living through, I strongly suggest giving it a go. I had my doubts, but in the end, every part of my volunteer experience was incredible. Best decision I have made.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review March 28, 2018 at 2:48 PM

Hi Courteney, thanks very much for taking the time to provide this excellent review and I am sure it will give future IVHQ Philippines volunteers an informative insight into the program. I am glad that your doubts were put to rest once you were in-country and you ended up having an amazing experience. We would love to have you back to volunteer with us again in the future. ^Sean - IVHQ Philippines Program Manager

Ghana: Impact with safety

Volunteering abroad is a terrific experience. An in-depth cultural experience while helping those in need, it can really change your perspectives. Ghana is a great destination choice, people are great and welcoming, kids are really nice and it is a safe country to be in and travel around. IVHQ did a great job providing shelter, organizing my stay and enabling you to help wherever you want to. We also had really great local support, specially when with Evans, he will do the best so you can enjoy and feel safe in Ghana, the best guy! Highly recommended!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review March 28, 2018 at 7:39 PM

Hi Victor - thanks for sharing your feedback about your experience in Ghana! It's awesome to hear you felt supported by IVHQ and our local team and that you enjoyed the cultural immersion experience that is available for volunteers on the Ghana Program. Thank you kindly for your contribution and we hope you have you join us again in the future! ^Kaila - IVHQ Ghana Program Manager

1 month in Kenya

In January, I left Portugal for Kenya, the first time I leave Europe!
I was nervous because I knew the culture, the way of life... everything was different. I was very well received by my host family and the school where I taught, everyone should have the opportunity to do the program. Today, I thank all my friends and my family for encouraging me to leave my comfort zone and discover the world! Thanks also to the IVHQ for making this incredible experience possible!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 03, 2018 at 2:15 PM

Hi Constanca, Thanks for your review - I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time on the program :) It's awesome to hear that you jumped out of your comfort zone and experienced Kenyan culture up close and personal. Thanks again for being an awesome volunteer :) ^Will - IVHQ Kenya Program Manager

Home

Couldn’t have imagined how much the Ghana program would impact me forever. I’ve never felt more at home in a place than I did in Ghana. You can feel the unconditional love between everyone the second you step off the plane. The IVHQ team gave me constant support and made me feel welcome always. I never once felt alone or unsafe, and I could call an IVHQ team member for absolutely anything. Evans is the most amazing help and knows everything there is to know about the country. If ever in doubt, call Evans and he will fix you right up. He will even spend hours in the hospital with you just to make sure you’re taken care of, and would be there to help with just a phone call. Elvis and Nancy also made sure I was comfortable on the program all the time. You will meet some of the most amazing people in this world in Ghana, and your perception on life will change forever. Sooner than you realise you will be calling Ghana home. I HIGHLY recommend volunteering in Ghana.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review March 28, 2018 at 7:44 PM

Hi Skye - I loved reading your feedback from your time in Ghana, and I'm thrilled you felt at home during your time on the program. I'm glad the local team was able to support you throughout your stay and that you had a positive experience in Ghana. I wish you all the best and hope to have you join us again soon. ^Kaila - IVHQ Ghana Program Manager

Helping us help people in Costa Rica

IVHQ – with their partner "on the ground" in San Jose, CR (Maximo Nivel) – really provided everything we needed to immerse ourselves in the volunteer opportunity, including cultural and logistical preparedness. Their website and emails alone kept us on track for the entire process, plus we got the personal touch of an IVHQ rep following up on our application steps and pre-trip planning, including quick responses to our questions. From their global mission and educational resources online to providing the actual tools, checklists, etc. we needed to get into Costa Rica, I give IVHQ the highest of marks! We were able to dive into our volunteer opportunity (renovating a school/home for girls near San Jose) knowing all the "details" of getting there, getting around, having a comfy home stay, and more were all carefully and professionally arranged.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review March 21, 2018 at 8:22 PM

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear you felt fully prepared for your time on the program and that you were able to make the most of the resources we provide and your time in country! We would love to have you volunteer with us again in the future. ^Lachlan- IVHQ Costa Rica Program Manager

Amazing, life-changing experience!

I volunteered in education in Tanzania with IVHQ for 16 weeks from Oct 1st, 2017 to Jan 21st, 2018. It was one of the most amazing and life-changing experiences of my life. Due to the affordability of the IVHQ programs, I wouldn't have been able to afford such a long duration with any other organization, so I owe a lot to IVHQ for making it possible.

While in Tanzania, I lived in a large house with as many as 20 other volunteers, but it was always comfortable and our needs were always seen to by the friendly and knowledgeable staff. We were always safe and got 3 good meals a day, included in the program dues. The house was kept clean and all accommodations were comfortable. We had "social night" once a week where the volunteers from all of the different houses would get together and share experiences and socialize. The organization handles transportation and of course, like every night, prepares the food. It's a nice touch.

The volunteer assignment, itself, was fantastic. I was put in contact with the director of a large school with many opportunities to help as much as I could. Transportation to and from your placement is not provided (except for the first day), but it's pretty easy and cheap to get around in Tanzania. The organization is very involved with the various places that they send their volunteers and they do their homework to ensure that they are sending their volunteers to a place where they are safe and can be of help. They stay in communication with the directors of the schools and their staff make regular visits to different placements to observe and give/receive feedback.

Volunteering with IVHQ has tremendous value and I would recommend it to anyone interested in volunteering abroad.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review March 14, 2018 at 9:48 PM

Hi Aaron - It's awesome to hear you had an amazing experience in Tanzania, and I'm so glad to hear you found our fees affordable enough to participate for a longer duration. It's awesome to hear you felt supported during your time on the program and that you found value in your placement work. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you join IVHQ again soon! ^ Will - IVHQ Tanzania Program Manager

Can't wait to go again!

After an incredible three weeks on the environmental project in Napoli it was extremely difficult to pack up and head home. Doing this programme has been without doubt one of the best decisions I've made during my year abroad, and was an absolutely perfect way to spend most of January. Wowed by the beautiful weather and the vibrant, bustling city, I have definitely caught the IVHQ bug and am already saving up for where to go next! I was so humbled by the wonderful support of the INN staff, and very grateful for the amount of careful thought that went in to selecting my volunteer placement. Working in a community garden that was once simply a rubbish dump in the centre of Napoli was a superb experience, with lots of wonderful friends made, and the freedom to contribute ideas and receive useful feedback. I felt I had the flexibility to set my own goals while working for the organisation, and I left feeling I had contributed positively to the garden's development as a fantastic resource for the community.
In terms of living in Napoli- I can't emphasise enough how important it is to go and see a place for yourself rather than learning about it second-hand via its reputation. Napoli is a beautiful city, with some of the most genuine and kindly people I have ever met. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to speak with lots of locals and improve my Italian also- it's surprising how quickly you can advance if you put your mind to it and be brave! If you're a keen traveller like myself, it's so easy to train to Rome and Florence, and make sure you visit Capri, Procida and Ischia islands, as well as the gorgeous seaside town of Sorrento! One of my favourite memories was hiking Mount Vesuvius in the early morning then visiting the ruins of Herculaneum with my two best friends on the programme, a truly magical day! I left the programme with what I'm sure will be lifelong friends, as well as a new, more informed idea of life in communities which are not as privileged as my own. I was continuously humbled and amazed by the positivity and motivation of members of the community to improve conditions and create something beautiful for future generations, and I was honoured to be a part of it!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review February 14, 2018 at 3:42 PM

Thanks for such a fantastic review, Jessica! I am so happy that you had an incredible time on our program in Naples - it sure is an awesome city! It's wonderful that you were able to take so much away from the experience and we can't wait to have you back for another IVHQ program soon. ^Kaila - IVHQ Italy Program Manager

Holiday experience in Guatemala

This year I had the amazing opportunity to spend the week of New Years in La Antigua Guatemala. I spent about 10 days there in a program with IVHQ and their local partner Maximo Nivel. I was extremely impressed with the organization and efficacy of both programs. I found IVHQ online and decided to check it out because it received good ratings on a third party critiquing site. This being my first trip with them, I didn't really know what to expect, and was concerned the work I would be doing wouldn't make too much of a difference. From the beginning I was very impressed with how well they prepared me beforehand, explained the process and were always available for questions before, during, and even after the project. While there I was able to work in a retirement home, help construct a school, and spend a couple days helping out in an orphanage. In the latter part of the days I still had time to site-see and experience being in beautiful Antigua Guatemala, as well as take advantage of their partnership with a wonderful travel agency. My only regret is having to come back!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review January 31, 2018 at 2:10 PM

Hi Anthony, We're happy that you chose to volunteer with IVHQ and it'’s great to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience in Guatemala. We look forward to your return to Antigua! ^Charlotte - IVHQ Guatemala Program Manager

Wow!!! this will change your life!!

This was an amazing experience and I would recommend it to anyone looking for any volunteer project, cultural experience or just an adventure. I looked into other free volunteer programs but IVHQ was the only that one I found that required a criminal background check on all their volunteers. I was a female traveling with another female and this provided a feeling of security within my volunteer group. We where in Guatemala for a holiday experience so not only were we able to participate in a few different volunteer opportunities but we were also able to experience New Years Guatemalan style.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review January 23, 2018 at 7:18 PM

Hi Laura, Thanks for posting about your time on the IVHQ Guatemala Program. We are so happy to hear that you felt safe and well supported by the local team in Antigua. Thanks for being an IVHQer! ^Charlotte - IVHQ Guatemala Program Manager

Holiday experience

As an adult with a full time job it’s not easy to take a weeks’ vacation let alone more. This is why I became so interested in the Holiday Experience from International Volunteer HQ (IVHQ). It’s a one week program during the holidays that allows volunteers to experience multiple placements during their trip. My placement was in Antiqua, Guatemala for one week during Christmas. I was able to work at three different placements and felt like what I did truly mattered. Did I change the world…no. Did I make a positive impact no matter when it came to the people I interacted with as well as within myself …yes! That’s why I loved this program so much. I can only afford to have a week off from work and I really wanted to volunteer and this program made it possible. I was able to immerse myself fully into the culture by learning Spanish from just normal communication…or learning how to salsa through Maximo Nivel (the organization in Antigua). Some would say one week is not enough but in my experience, I worked very hard to stay out of my room and tried my best to live as a local would. This is a symbiotic experience where you leave something for those you interact with but you also leave with something. Whether that be a sense of fulfillment for helping your fellow person or a new realization about yourself. Don’t go back and forth like I did in the decision to go because once I landed; I knew I’d made the right decision.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review January 23, 2018 at 7:06 PM

Hi Brandi, It's awesome to hear that you were able to make the most of your week in-country and enjoyed immersing yourself in the local culture. We're glad that you found the time to volunteer with IVHQ in Guatemala during the festive season and hope have you volunteer with us again next year! ^Charlotte - IVHQ Guatemala Program Manager

Childcare project: Costa Rica

Volunteer in a foreign country, it will change your life!
I knew I wanted the chance to volunteer abroad, but I didn't know how. I found IVHQ online and from start to finish my experience with them and Maximo Nivel was great! I felt that I was well prepared before, during, and after the trip with any information or assistance I needed. My site placement and host family could not have been better. I met the most amazing staff, volunteers and children during my childcare project that made leaving Costa Rica tough. This truly was a lifechanging experience for me. It was fun, challenging, and an exceptional learning experience. I would volunteer again given the opportunity, and highly recommend IVHQ to anyone that is interested in an international volunteer experience!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review January 10, 2018 at 7:17 PM

Thanks for sharing this awesome review! We love that volunteering was always a goal of yours and we are just so thrilled to hear that having completed the program, you feel it has been a life changing experience. Thanks again for your great review and we hope you will join us again in the future! ^Lachlan - IVHQ Costa Rica Program Manager