Volunteer and Teach English in Italy

Volunteer and Teach English in Italy

Napoli Italy

My teaching experience in Naples was definitely unforgettable and I had the best time!

The support from the program is fantastic, from when you apply until the end of your program, regardless of it all happening online.
The team; International Napoli Network (INN) was great even before you leave for your trip, and they would even answer your questions and provide all what you need to know, especially as I was flying out the first time by myself! INN staff made us feel at home as soon as we arrived, even though I was at another accommodation. Orientation was quick and gave us all the information we needed and even took us around the city and explained what they expect from us during our stay. Further, they showed us where all the legendary pizzerias and all the known common spots and where they are located.
The beds were comfortable, Lunch and dinner was available to me although I was always eating out, who wants to miss out on the cuisine in Napoli?

Teaching to Refugees!
I had a little bit of previous experience in teaching to children and I was a little confident at the start of program placement, but as I found out I would be teaching refugees, it made me nervous as they werent just little children but I was excited to see what it was going to be like. When I met them they were very welcoming and very kind, they were every morning and I got extremely motivated everyday to go to placement, as these refugees wanted to learn so badly! They there were so curious, interested and they ask a lot of questions especially from where I was from (London)! Keeping in mind that you won't be alone in class, as there were other volunteers there and the INN team to support you at all times.
The weekends I had off, so I could choose to travel within Italy, where I went to Rome and did some sight seeing, and the local bars were available for going out and a local Museum. I was placed at the refugee camp as I had chosen to do the program during the Summer.
In short, I will definitely apply again and visit Napoli and not just that but I want to visit everyone I made friends with and the refugees again! They made my Napoli visit very fun.

Teaching English in Napoli

I will share with you here all what made my teaching experience in Naples unforgettable!

Firstly, the great support during the preparation stage:
You can always approach International Napoli Network even before you leave your home town, and they will answer your questions and provide all what you need to know before you take off.

Secondly, Italians do it better!
INN staff made us feel at home as soon as we arrived. They helped us breaking the ice, took us around the city and explained what they expect from us during our stay. Further, they showed us where all the legendary pizzerias are located (very close to INN home), and even taught us some words and hand gestures. In short, Madonna had a reason when she believed that "Italians do it better". You have to agree!

Accommodation
I miss my room and roommates, the beds are comfortable, breakfast is always there waiting for you to get up. Lunch and dinner arrived on time, and the menu was so good! In fact, even vegetarian meals were prepared and delivered for those who asked for it. Besides, you don't have to pack much, because you can always ask to use the washing machine.

Teaching Middle school Students
I had no previous experience in teaching and I was not so confident at the beginning, but after I met my smart students at school, I got extremely motivated. The kids there were so curious, interested and they ask a lot of questions! Keeping in mind that you won't be alone in class, as there will be a school teacher to support you all the time during class.

In short, I will definitely apply again :D

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 16, 2016 at 3:21 PM

Hi Abdulmehsen, We are thrilled to hear that your teaching experience in Naples was unforgettable. It is hard to beat Naples in terms of cuisine – the pizza and gelato!! Thanks for being an IVHQer! We are looking forward to receiving your application and seeing where you would like to visit next.

An Unforgettable Three Weeks In Naples

In May 2015 I had to opportunity to go to Naples, Italy and volunteer in the teaching English program with IVHQ. I spent three weeks in Naples and I can honestly say they were the best three weeks of my life. The accomadation was right in the heart of the Naples, and a short walking distance from the school. It was very clean and brand new. The kids at the school were absolutely incredible, always full of excitement and eager to learn. My fellow volunteers were some of the most amazing people I know, and I am so glad to call them lifelong friends. The INN team in Italy were so welcoming and always willing to help with whatever question or concern I had. I have been home for one week now and I wake up every day wishing I was back in Italy. I came back a different person, and that for the better. I truly feel the children benefited - and will continue to benefit - from having international volunteers come and help them with their English and tell them about different parts of the world. It's hard to put into words how amazing an experience like this was; it can only be understood once having experienced it ourselves. I consider Naples to be my second home now and will absolutely be back very very soon.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review July 06, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Hi Emma, Thanks for the feedback and giving all readers an insight into your experience volunteering with IVHQ in Naples, Italy. It’s fantastic to hear that you had such an amazing experience and we hope to see you back soon.