Spanish Immersion in Peru

Star Verified

Location

Peru: Cusco

Program Summary

Second-language proficiency is more important than ever, but not just for the obvious benefit of communication. It also opens doors to new ways of thinking about the world that may be more readily expressed in the target language. Spanish remains an obvious choice for U.S. citizens for its wide utility in the States, and as travel to neighboring Latin American countries increases.

With arrivals on Sundays throughout the year, we make Spanish-language immersion easy through group or private courses and host family accommodation in Peru. Pre-approved host families provide breakfast and dinner every day and a shared room (private rooms incur an extra charge and are subject to availability). You may come and go freely from the homes, which are within walking distance (10 to 25 minutes) or a short taxi/bus ride from the schools.

Courses emphasize speaking and conversation and are taught by a superior teaching staff. Teachers hold bachelor's and master's degrees and/or certification in teaching Spanish as ...

• Facilities

Best idea that I have ever had

I planned on going to spend time in a mountain town learning Spanish, but I got so much more. The culture in Cusco, Peru is heavy, and it will stay with you for a very long time. Every weekend, I was able to do an activity that was life changing. The Incan Jungle and rainbow mountain trips were my favorites. I highly recommend spending time in Cusco, Peru. I learned a lot from Maximo Nivel, the Spanish school. They provide a straightforward yet effective curriculum, and I learned a lot.

• InterExchange responded to this review December 20, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Awesome! So glad you enjoyed, and got to take some weekend trips. Thanks Courtney! ~James at InterExchange

Notice: Our website and its third party tools use cookies, which are used to manage, monitor, and track usage to improve our website's services. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to the use of cookies, please refer to our cookie policy.

By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link, or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree and consent to our use of cookies.