Work and Travel Canada
InterExchange participants InterExchange participants

Work and Travel Canada

Adventures in Toronto

I've been living Toronto freelancing as a web developer. I love this city! I've also traveled to Vancouver, Ottawa, and Montreal. Planning more adventures for the winter.

InterExchange was amazingly helpful during every step of the application process. They made getting the visa super easy and it didn't even take that long.

• InterExchange responded to this review October 25, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Glad to be a part of your adventure and even more glad that things have worked out well for you up north! Thanks for the review Elizabeth! ~James

• Professional Development

Once in a lifetime opportunity

I always knew I wanted to visit Canada, and I'm so thankful a program like InterExchange exists. My time abroad has been spent developing my resume, increasing my cultural awareness, and having the time of my life. Canada has so much to offer and I feel lucky to be here on a work visa. I have to say, the highlight of my time abroad has been Montreal. In fact, I plan to spend the rest of my time abroad here. I found an amazing job at a start up marketing firm, and my commute to work across this gorgeous multi-cultural city is truly a blessing. The cost of living is low and the quality of life is high-- it blows my mind that more people don't think to come here. This city is also the most artistic city I've ever been to, and that's coming from someone who is from Los Angeles. Every corner of every block has either some spectacular street art or a beautiful cathedral that looks straight out of a magazine. The French aspect of this city is to die for... I literally live above a boulangerie that has the best bread I've ever had. I've also learned a lot of French just by walking around town and speaking to the locals often! It's such a lovely place because not only does it have that French European feel, it has the stereotypical friendly Canadian vibe-- which makes being far from home even easier. I love it here, and the only thing I would change is the fact that my visa is only one year long!

• InterExchange responded to this review October 25, 2017 at 8:59 AM

Love it! Thanks Araya, for your thoughts. (We love Montreal too!!) As of now, U.S. citizens are allowed to do the program twice, so maybe you'll join us again! ~James

Efficient and helpful

My experience with InterExchange was positive, I had all of my questions answered and was helped through the process when necessary. They helped me make my dreams of living in Canada come true and I am definitely applying for a second year with InterExchange !

• InterExchange responded to this review October 24, 2017 at 2:32 PM

Glad to have you back for a second year, Rachael, and glad everything has gone smoothly for you up north! ~James from InterExchange

Working In Canada through InterExchange

I took a year between my undergrad and grad school to live and work in Canada. Throughout the summer, I worked at a marina. I had a great experience working with boaters and cottagers around the area. As winter approaches, I plan to begin applying to other jobs for the remainder of my stay.

As for InterExchange, the program is amazing. It is so difficult to get a work visa because of sponsorship requirements. InterExchange made the process quick and easy. Their staff is extremely helpful and is always available to answer questions about the application process. Additionally, they have made themselves available to me even after I've moved with various questions I've had. Everything about my experience with InterExchange has been great. They simplify the process of being able to live and work in a different country and give you the opportunity to travel while also having a means to support yourself.

• InterExchange responded to this review September 29, 2016 at 10:30 AM

Hi Nick, Wow! What a review. Thanks so much for your thoughts. We know the visa process is tricky and it is our goal to demystify it for everyone. Glad it worked well for you and we look forward to being in touch! ~InterExchange

Working holiday in Canada

I have been living it up in Canada since getting approved for my visa through InterExchange. I found myself living Whistler, BC. They call it "never-never land" because people seem to stop aging here. There have been days that I have been snowboarding and sunbathing in the same day, followed by drinks with friends. The nightlife and wildlife leave nothing to be desired. I have been very please with my experience overall.
Most people are shocked when they find out I am American and I got a work visa for Canada. Even though we share a huge border, it takes a little research to the visa. I chose InterExchange because of their rates and availability to help out and answer questions. If you meet all of the age and school requirements the rest is easy. James at InterExchange helped me along the way and has always been friendly and prompt to answer all of my questions. I am looking forward to traveling through their services in the future.

• Itinerary

• Satisfaction

Great way to travel and work abroad

Great program! Expensive and time consuming to applying and get in but completely worth it. The freedom to work and travel is amazing! Would recommend to any wanting to check out another country, or maybe just someone with some free fund so and time!

• InterExchange responded to this review October 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM

Thanks for the review Mackenzie! Glad you seized the opportunity to travel and that all worked out well. Hope you'll keep us in mind if you need any help in the future. ~James from InterExchange

Adventure in Canada

My time in Canada just recently started roughly two months ago, so I can't exactly write anything about the country, but as for how I got here, that was quite the task on its own. I signed up just before the cut off for 2015 and my cooperators were nothing but helpful! They all helped answer any questions and fill out any applications. And, throughout all of it they helped keep me calm and assure me this would happen. I'm incredibly thankful for all that they did.

• InterExchange responded to this review April 07, 2016 at 1:50 PM

Thanks Adam! We aim to make the process feel smooth and simple and we're glad you found the support useful. Keep on keepin on and safe travels!