United States: Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and 4 other cities
- Art & Fine Arts
- Art History
- Biomedical Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Culinary Arts & Cooking
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Studies
- Fashion Business
- Food Science & Nutrition
- Graphic Design
- Health Administration
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- International Relations
- Labor & Industrial Relations
- Liberal Arts
- Library & Information Science
- Marine Science
- Marketing, Advertising, & PR
- Mechanical Engineering
- Museum Studies
- National Park
- Parks & Recreation
- Political Science & Politics
- Public Administration & Government
- Ski Resort
- Social Sciences
- Theater, Drama, & Dance
- Women's Studies
This Program is open to
Cost in USD
Starting at $950
* Program Fee: Variable by program length (inquire online for fee information)
* Additional Costs:
- SEVIS Fee: USD 180 (payable to the Department of Homeland Security upon acceptance to the program)
- Embassy/Consulate Fee: Approximately USD 160, paid to the Embassy/Consulate
- Round-trip transportation to the USA (arranged by applicant)
- Housing (arranged by applicant)
- Basic living expenses (varies by applicant)
Salary & Compensation
Varies by location and employer
Experience RequiredYes. Per J-1 Visa Regulations: * Interns may only pursue internships that are related to their academic field of study * Trainees may only pursue training programs that are related to their occupational field
* Internships are open to:
- Students currently enrolled full-time and at least halfway through a degree at an academic college or university
- Individuals who have graduated from these institutions within 12 months of the internship start date
* Training programs are open to:
- Individuals who hold a degree or professional certificate from a post-secondary academic institution, college, university or other post-secondary academic institution outside the U.S. and at least one year of related professional experience from outside the U.S.
- Individuals with at least five years of related professional experience from outside the U.S.
* All program participants must also:
- Complete an internship or training program with an eligible host employer.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 38.
- Be involved in an internship or training program related to their studies (Interns) or professional experience (Trainees).
- Be interviewed in-person, over the phone or online by InterExchange or an approved InterExchange cooperator.
- Proficient in English.
- Have sufficient funds to support themselves during their time in the USA (including housing and living costs).
- Be involved in an internship or training program in a field that InterExchange is designated to sponsor, including the following: Architecture, Arts and Culture, Business, Commerce & Finance, Engineering, Hospitality & Tourism, Information Media & Communications, Management, Marketing & Sales, Public Administration & Law, the Sciences, and Industrial Occupations. InterExchange cannot sponsor training programs in medicine, teaching, social work, or manual labor.
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Letters of Reference