School Teaching Assistant Spain

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

Two Months Immersed in Catalonia

My experience as a Teaching Assistant in Llica d'Amunt, Spain was undoubtedly one of my life's best. I lived with a host family who completely matched my personality and interests. They showed me around Catalonia and the surrounding areas, and took me on adventures that I have never attempted solo. I was nervous for teaching because my degree is in writing, not education, and my work experience involved mostly elementary-age children, while I was placed at a high school. However, in the end, I was very grateful to work with teenagers because I bonded with many and felt that I had a significant impact on them. My work schedule was light, so I had abundant time to take day trips, go for runs in the nearby woods, and spend time with my host family. Overall, I would highly recommend the Teaching Assistant program to anyone interested in travel, teaching, and learning.

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

Volunteer teaching abroad in Spain

My experience abroad was better than I could have ever imagined. Interexchange in the US and the partner organization in Spain were both some of the best organizations I've worked with in providing clear assistance and checking in with me during my time abroad. The absolute best part of my experience was being placed with an excellent host family that gave me a home away from my home.

• InterExchange responded to this review January 02, 2018 at 12:36 PM

Thanks for the great review Jacqulyn! Glad you enjoyed your time with your hosts and hope you're able to keep in touch. Happy new year!! ~James from InterExchange