Au Pair in the Netherlands

• Host Company

• Compensation

• Professional Development

More Than Expected

Before I left for my year abroad everyone I spoke with said it would change my life. I felt intimidated by the prospect of having to change my life in a new country over the course of a year. I shouldn't have worried. The changes were small and subtle and took place without my noticing.
I recommend this program to anyone who is interested in a year abroad. The Netherlands is a beautiful and underappreciated country in Europe. I spent many weekends exploring its wonderful cities and learning more about its culture. On top of its own incredible countryside it is also centrally located in Europe. During my year I was able to visit 15 countries. Many of those were by a short train ride or even shorter plane trips. I met interesting people in each city I visited and I made memories that I will cherish forever.
Some of the most important memories I made were with my host family. They made me part of there family. I spent countless hours laughing and celebrating each day with them. Even with all of the travel and new experiences, they are what I miss most of all.
This year was incredible. Travel changes you.