Intern in South Africa
CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Intern in South Africa

Intern in Cape Town

I’ve been asked multiple times why I chose to go to Cape Town of all places for my experience abroad — I never truly had an answer, but after coming back from South Africa I would never have picked a different place to go! This country has SO much to offer: activities, food, culture, animals, nature, diversity, language, adventure, experience, etc. There wasn’t a single day that I didn’t do at least something while I was there. The housing was conveniently located and everyone in the program was within walking distance of each other. I walked into the program not knowing a single person, and walked out of the program with some of the most amazing friends. The onsite CIS team gave us an orientation on our first night, checked in with us often, and gave us a lovely farewell dinner to cap it all off! The application process was easy and CIS was helpful throughout. I recommend South Africa to anybody! If you’re even slightly considering, I’m telling you the answer is already yes!

I just can't find the words...

Before I had any idea how I was going to turn my abroad dream into a reality, I met a CISabroad representative at my home university. He was informative and encouraging. After completing all the preliminary procedures, I received my internship placement and living arrangements! I am a public relations major so my placement at a South African PR firm was perfect. The living quarters were accessible by train to and from the city center. In the house, were people from all over the world. That was the best part of the living situation. The local CISabroad representative was a great help and outlet for anything I needed. Thank you CISabroad for a wonderful experience pre, during, and post South Africa!

South Africa Internship

The house that I lived in was broken into twice and I lost valuable possessions. My advisor did advocate for me but the program that was hired (GoodHope Studies) was less than concerned or sympathetic about the break-ins. It was not until I made a very valid point that GHS handled the situation poorly to my university that they took action, even then, GHS was not happy to help.