CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

A beautiful semester

Even the expectations I did not know I had were exceeded! The classes at FUA were unique and engaging. My favorite classes were cooking classes because we ate what we made. FUA buildings are spread throughout Florence, which forces students to walk around and enjoy the city. The travel week class was really wonderful because we were exposed to smaller cities outside of Rome and Florence that I never would have experienced if it were not for CISabroad. The weekend excursions offered during my semester abroad were to Venice and Turin. Traveling with FUA, because I chose to study with CISabroad, was amazing because the trips provided an authentic Italian experience with delicious food, fun locations, and new insights about Italy. If I could study abroad again, I would chose to travel with CISabroad!

Growth

My semester abroad at Florence University of the Arts really helped me grow as a student and as a person. Through my courses, I discovered a passion for writing and a direction for my career. Through interactions with the professors, I was given opportunities to have my work published and to participate in a fashion show where I found confidence and really embraced my creative side. Overall, I had an amazing experience.

Loved all of it

Studying abroad with CIS in Florence was wonderful. There is a great coordinator on site with many excursions and very helpful. The school is wonderful, with teachers from the area to give you suggestions, and everyone at the school is very helpful. Living in Italy is different from what I was used to, but it was just fine and my roommates became my best friends. Traveling is very accessible and easy from Florence and there are lots of places to go. Florence is very walk able as well.

Firenze Was Life-changing

I had no idea that this would be such a golden opportunity for me. Before I left I was nervous about who I would meet and how I would break out of my crippling shyness. Going to school in Florence helped me realize that I need to live a life that I am proud of, and everything about this experience has given me the confidence to do so. I think about how this experience has changed me for the better every day. Thank-you Florence for changing my life for the better!

Unsympathetic

I felt the advisors didn't care/make the students there first priority when the students were in need. I did not appreciate getting yelled at by my advisors. Helped with traveling but not housing situations.

Florence Spring 2015

I had an amazing time in Florence. I met a lot of people from all over the world. I would definitely recommend Florence as a place to study abroad. I think that it has a lot of opportunities and offers a lot to students. I would have to say that I enjoyed Florence more when I first arrived in January. There were very few tourists and I wish I would have taken advantage of that more. The lines to the museums were 10 times shorter and you could easily walk to the Duomo without being surrounded by tons of tourists. Since Florence is such a well known tourist destination I felt that I didn't learn the language as much as I was expecting. Most locals and shop owners speak english pretty well. At times it was convenient, but I also really wanted to learn the language and be emerged in the culture.

Via

good program, wish that there was more cultural immersion. The school was mostly American and it was very difficult to meet other Italians. The included trips were a highlight and my apartment was in a good area

Wine, Espresso, and Freedom

My time in Florence could not have been greater. For me, the small city feel really helped. You can walk anywhere in the city within 20-30 minutes. The food is amazing, and reasonably priced. Wine is cheap and easy to find. Look for the 2.98€ bottle of Chianti at Conad with the picture of an old man on it. The classes are fairly easy, and grades are mostly based on a midterm and final, with very few if any homework assignments or papers. The attendance policy is really strict though, and if you miss more than three classes you will automatically fail. Also, you are only allowed to add or drop one class, so carefully consider your schedule before going. If you plan on making weekend trips, DO NOT sign up for Friday classes.

Florence 2015

Over all Florence was amazing and I want to come back to this city. I feel like CIS was not reallly there for me during the semester sonce they were always in Rome and that I was doing this adventure on my own.

A great Semester

This was one of the best semesters of my entire life. Thanks to CIS, I had an amazing experience from my time abroad. The only thing I disliked was the school we were placed at. I don't think FUA was the best.

Semester in Florence!

My experience with CIS was great! Both Ashley and Alessandro helped me get prepared before leaving to go abroad. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Going abroad is not easy and the more you ask the more comfortable you'll feel! I would choose CIS again! Have fun abroad!

hard at first

the administration at florence university of the arts are horrible. CIS program administrator is great but the school is not understanding at all. The teachers are impossible to understand and the FUA staff are very mean

Semester in Florence

Overall had a great experience in florence meeting so many new people and experiencing the italian culture on regular basis. Loved being able to travel wherever I wanted and really enjoyed being able to see so many different places and attractions while over here.

A Semester in a Center of Art

My time in Florence was the most fun I've had during my time as a college student. I lived right in the middle of the city center, so I was within a few minutes walk to most of the major museums. I could go everyday after classes to see amazing works of art. The school itself was great, with amazing trips nearly every weekend to a lot of different places. The classes were fascinating. Now that I'm back, I miss everything about being there.

BEST SEMESTER EVER!

Studying abroad in Florence, Italy through CISAbroad was the best choice I have ever made. CIS was very organized and made the whole process a lot easier. I would recommend this program to everyone! From the food, to the wine, to the friends I made, and so much more, nothing beats living in Florence.

An Experience of a lifetime... thanks to CIS

I studied abroad in Florence Fall 2014 through CIS Abroad. I was very anxious going into the process because there was so much to be done. I had two advisors, Rachel and Ashley, who were the representatives for my school in Connecticut, and they were so unbelievably helpful with everything; I couldn't even believe how easy they made the process. They walked us through the application process, course selection, visa applications, and they even booked our round trip flights, all costs included. When we got to Florence, we had transportation from the airport that brought us right to our apartments. The costs of our textbooks, programs/events through the study abroad school, and day trips in Italy were ALL covered by CIS which was such a pleasant surprise. Our advisors and representatives were always checking in with us to make sure that we were having the best possible study abroad experience. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I am so glad I did it through CIS Abroad!

Best Semester of my Life

This really was the best semester of my life! I would highly recommend it to anyone considering study abroad. Florence is the perfect size to feel a sense of community but have all of the opportunities you are looking for. CIS made it so easy!

Max Formica

I had a terrific time while abroad. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I met so many new people from different colleges around the entire U.S.A and I also made friends with some locals. I travelled to 9 countries in Europe and I was afforded an opportunity that I will never get again. It was amazing. I recommend everybody to study abroad in Florence, Italy with CIS. Thank you

Good Program, but not reliable

CIS was a good program, but compared to many others it lacked a lot of structure and organization to help students within the first couple weeks. I liked the activities offered during our stay in Florence.

Great Semester Abroad!

This past semester studying abroad in Florence was the best semester I have had by far. I met a lot of great people, learned a lot about other cultures all over Europe, experienced things I would never experience back in the U.S., and learned a lot about myself as a person. I was so nervous to fly across the world by myself not knowing a single person in Italy, but that was the best decision I made. I recommend that you do NOT study abroad with your best friends, but you go all by yourself. You will get so much more out of it.

Fall semester in Florence

This study abroad in Florence was one of the best experiences of my life. I built many friendships with people both in Italy and around the world. CIS was always there to lend a helping hand. I was able to learn the language and use it daily at my internship and in the city. It's a great spot for European travel and enjoy some of the best culinary dishes in the world.

Ti amo Firenze

This was an amazing experience! Our director Alessandro was amazing and so helpful, making our transition that much easier! Studying abroad through CIS was the best decision I ever made, and I'll surely recommend it to others.

Incredible experience abroad with the help of CISabroad!

I had the best 4 months of my life while studying in Florence. Whether it was traveling all over Europe, learning about the history through my classes, exploring Italy through CIS trip excursions, or wandering around my "home" city, I was always amused.

Great

It was an amazing time

LOVED FOOD AND WINE PAIRING! BEST PROFESSOR AND BEST CLASS

I wish they told us our roommates and housing situation before a week arriving.

We should have had more excursions like API had. These two prices were the same but we had several less excursions and our program was not as united as API was.

They were always available and looking out for our safety.

Social Life:
Such a great social life in Florence. I wish we had more excursions with our program to really develop great bonds with each student though.

Extraordinary

I felt that this experience gave me everything I desired and more. It gave me the chance to grow as a person and learn about other places and cultures. I have become a person who now cannot get enough of traveling and is awaiting her next opportunity to study abroad.

They were not always available when needed help and did not offer to help in certain situations when available. This looked bad on the school and on the program.