Study in Ecuador with World Endeavors
World Endeavors Header Image World Endeavors Header Image

Study in Ecuador with World Endeavors

Ecuador

My semester in Ecuador was great. Going to Blue Hill gave me the opportunity to travel every weekend. The professors were very friendly and allowed for time out of class for any questions. Ecuador is easy to get around and very beautiful, and tourist friendly.

CULTURAL IMMERSION
Travel is so easy in Ecuador. It is a small and beautiful country.

LIVING SITUATION
I first lived in a home with other international students, then moved out later because I wanted to live with my friend.

ACADEMICS
The professors at Blue Hill College were very helpful and welcoming. The classes were not as challenging as they are in the US, but i still learned a lot.

CITY LIFE
Great places to go......BanosLas Cajas National Parque (if you camp make sure to bring warm clothing)QuitoMontanita (party surf atmosphere) Tena and Misahaulli

Food Comment
The food in Ecuador is really good, because there is a lot of frying going on and the fruit is amazing!!! Although I only got sick once with the food from ecuador, my travel partner got sick multiple times, most of the time it depends on your stomach. As far as street food goes, try to find what looks freshest.

Safety Comment
Traveling in Ecuador is fairly safe. If you are a woman, it is always better to travel with another person, preferably a male. I am a woman, I made one weekend trip by myself and nothing happened. Just be smart about it and you should be ok.