Doctor and Medical Camps Electives and Volunteer
Elective Africa Header Image Elective Africa Header Image

Doctor and Medical Camps Electives and Volunteer

An unforgettable experience

I cannot speak highly enough about my three weeks in Arusha, Tanzania in Summer 2014. I'm a final year medical student in London,England and thanks to Elective Africa I had the best summer of my life.

The housemates were all medical trainees from America, England,Norway and Australia. They were caring individuals who only added to my experience. The accommodation was western and safe. The town offered many tourist attractions besides Mt Meru, Mt Kilimanjaro and Safari. There are many restaurants, snake parks, camel rides, schools,nightclubs and orphanages to visit.

The locals are beyond friendly. They are welcoming and positive. Elective Africa provides a driver who is always the same driver. He is a friendly and open man, who is always willing to help and give advice. There is also the elective Africa representative who visits the house frequently to check on how you're doing. He's a cool dude and he picks you up from the airport when you land. I really liked him and keep in contact with him to this day.

I think the media does a horrible image painting all of Africa in negative light. The town is far,far from what the western media would have you believe. It was safe,developed and far better than I could have dreamed. I can never forget the great and memorable time I had, and neither will you.