Pre-Dentistry Electives, Volunteer and Study Abroad
Elective Africa Header Image Elective Africa Header Image

Pre-Dentistry Electives, Volunteer and Study Abroad

Pre-Dentistry at Mt Meru Hospital

The four weeks I spent in Arusha, Tanzania was an amazing experience! The accommodations were very comfortable and Neema provided us with groceries regularly. Phabian came to the house regularly to see if we needed anything - he was a great help and always available to help us if we had any questions. Phabian also took us on a nice tour around the town and invited us to come watch his basketball games. He also facilitated a visit to an orphanage which was awesome! He also helped to set up internet and phones, so it is no trouble to contact your friends and family. At the hospital, I volunteered in the dental department. Here there were three dentists as well as three-four other assistants. Everyday was an opportunity for me to get involved. The staff was super friendly and provided a lot of assistance to me. They taught me many things in my four weeks. On my last day at the hospital, the doctors even took me out to lunch which was a really nice, sincere gesture. Overall, the experience was absolutely amazing and unforgettable. I would definitely recommend this program, and I would like to get back there myself someday.