AIFS Study Abroad in Rome: Summer
study abroad students study abroad students

AIFS Study Abroad in Rome: Summer

I want to go again!

It by far was the best summer experience I've ever had! It didn't feel like a traditional academic setting but you were learning something new or having some new experience everyday. My only regret is forgetting to keep a journal and not staying there longer.

Studying Abroad in Rome!

I had an amazing time studying abroad with AIFS! The pre-arranged programs and activities for us were great and I felt very immersed in the culture and truly felt that I was living like "the Romans do". While it was an overall great experience, I did have a hard time adjusting to the temperature and lack of air conditioning which I was not expecting, but fans and cool clothing definitely came in handy. The excursion we took abroad were great, and they included interesting trips to museums and archaeological sites. The excursion that was my favorite was probably the excursion to Naples, Capri, and Pompeii because of all of the different sites we were able to see and experience. Venice was also amazing, but I wish we had more time there. I would highly recommend studying abroad to anyone who is thinking about it, because it was an experience that truly changed my life and I want to go back abroad as soon as possible.

Having Fun in Rome

The weekend in Capri when we had free time to roam around and experience things on our own.

I choose this program because Summer seemed like the perfect time to earn some extra credits. Unfortunately the classes were not as expected and I ended up dropping some before the first week was over.

I live in an apartment with 5 other girls. Two bathroom and 3 bedroom with a living and dinning area. The apartment seems to be decent enough for a summer but would not want to be here long term. It has a great location, close to the school and the coliseum.

Having Fun in Rome

AIFS summer in Rome is a good program if you enjoy being constantly busy. I enjoyed the program and I am loving my time in Rome. There are difficulties with teachers whether its language barriers or just miss matching personalities. Another difficulty is not having an itinerary for the trips until the week of.