AIFS Study Abroad in Barcelona, UAB: Semester or Year
study abroad students study abroad students

AIFS Study Abroad in Barcelona, UAB: Semester or Year

Best decision I have ever made

I turned in my application late because I was on the fence on studying abroad and all the costs associated with it. I was surprised to see that it cost less to study abroad than in my actual college. These past 4 months have been amazing. The nightlife is awesome, the students in Barcelona are so much fun and traveling around Europe is so cheap.

Time of my life

Coming to study abroad I was nervous and didn't even know if it'd be worth it but being here has exceeded my expectations and has made a huge impact on me. Im always going to look back on this time as the best memories I've ever made. Barcelona was definitely the right choice.

Experience of a lifetime

Studying abroad has proved to be one of the best decisions that I have ever made and AIFS is the best program on the market in terms of excursions offered, availability, events, assistance, and students all at the best price. I was skeptical at first but it proved to be a once in a lifetime opportunity and an experience that I will never forget.

Living in Barcelona

I was not sure what to expect when I came to Spain. I knew that it would be an interesting transition from the United States, but I was excited for the change. The best part about being abroad has been living the Spanish lifestyle, meeting the locals, and learning about the culture and language. I have enjoyed it so much that I have been looking for ways to come back to Barcelona. Overall, studying abroad here has been an experience I will never forget and will cherish when I return home to the States.

Aidan´s trip

I had a great time with AIFS. I was able to travel all over Europe and meet many new friends. I would not really change anything other than I wish it could be longer. I liked how easy it was to get in contact with the AIFS office to solve any problems I might have had. Classes here were not as hard as back home but I found myself learning more and enjoying the work I was doing.

Best time in Barcelona

Studying abroad in Barcelona especially with this program was one of the best experiences i have ever had! i would tell everyone to take this opportunity and study abroad with this program in Barcelona!

Once in a lifetime experience

Overall, this experience has been everything i could have wanted and much more. The staff was always there when I needed them and went beyond what i could have asked for. The trips planned for us were nice because they were our tour guides and helped get us place to place so we didn't have to worry about anything.

Barcelona, you have my heart.

This experience has been the best choice I have ever made. Barcelona has everything you could ever ask for in a city. Amazing food, art, culture, and people. I believe that this is the best city in the entire world. My time here and with AIFS has been amazing, I have met some amazing people and have crossed so many things off my bucket list. If your even debating studying abroad, do it. I promise you won´t regret it.

UAB

Best four months of life! I loved traveling, and meeting new people, and completely fell in love with Barcelona. AIFS was very organized, and I appreciated their communication with us. I would do it all over again!

Best people to go abroad with.

I chose this program because it was the cheapest option, so I figured others would likely have some more involved staff, or more activities, or more something. I was so wrong. After talking to other people in other study abroad programs and experiencing mine I really feel like not only this was the cheapest option, but also the best in every other way. The on site staff is so incredible. They really made everything so easy for me and took care of me. I never had to stress about anything abroad, even when I had to go to the doctor they had me an appointment within an hour and personally escorted me! My friend in ISA spent thousands more on her program, and when she got sick, all they did was recommend a doctor. No insurance help or scheduling. She got lost on her way there. I also had an amazing time on the program trips, and it is largely due to the staff. I spent the whole day in the Swiss Alps with Jenn and another AIFS student, skiing and snowboarding. She was so much better than me but she still stuck with me the whole day, and we had so much fun. Inma also totally Mama Bear´d for us all whenever people tried to rip us of or cut us in line while we were trying to travel. It was amazing.

The best four months

One of the best times i have had meeting new people and traveling. I am so happy i did this. I will recommend this program to anyone in the future who studies abroad. I definitely do not regret any of my choices and wish that i could study all over again in Barcelona.

Barcelona

I had an amazing time studying abroad in Barcelona. Every time I was in the airport on the way back to Barcelona from a weekend in another country, I always felt as if I was returning home. AIFS is my top recommendation for an abroad program. Study in the Spring to avoid so many crowds.

Immersion, fear, and incredible growth abroad

My experience in Barcelona was one that I was not expecting to have. I came to Spain not knowing a word of spanish and feeling incredibly scared and unprepared for the amount of immersion I was about to experience. My program assisted me through the process of adjusting and reminded me to appreciate and enjoy every moment. After two weeks, I picked up the language substantially and practically fell in love with my host family. Their warmth, love, and delicious food helped me adjust to life in Barcelona and the friends I made are people I know I will forever be connected to. My fear soon turned into passion and I increasingly fell in love with Barcelona and its charm. I loved every experience I had in Spain including all the good and bad! I would not trade the relationships I made with my host family and friends for anything in the world. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

A better way of life

Barcelona allowed me to open my eyes and actually start to see the world. I loved the cultural activities, living situation, and friends I met along the way through AIFS. I would recommend this program to anyone who wanted to have a great experience abroad.

My amazing experience!

Coming into this program I was definitely nervous being away from home for such a long period of time, but i'd have to say that Barcelona is now my new home away from home. I met new friends, saw new and amazing places, learned new things, and even learned more about myself along the way. Studying abroad through AIFS this semester in Barcelona is definitely one for the books. I can't wait to share my experiences with family and friends back at home, but I am going to also miss this place more than ever. It has become my second home, but at the same time going home will give me the opportunity to encourage my other friends to try this experience. It was life changing and I am so sad to leave!

An amazing 4 months in Barcelona

I cannot believe that my time abroad has finally come to an end. This program was absolutely incredible. The directors were amazing, and helped with everything and anything I needed. My apartment was great, and right by Sagrada Familia. I was able to travel so many places and see so many amazing things, and maintain my budget too. Plus, the people I have met along the way are some of my closest friends. I would recommend this program to anyone!

Study in Barcelona, Spain!!!!!!!!!!

Studying abroad in Barcelona was the best decision I ever made and AIFS was responsible for making it all happen. They made the application process easy and they were always there to help. Barcelona is the most amazing city I have ever been to - good food, nice people, lots to do, beautiful city and views. You will never get bored here because the city has so much to offer. My only regret is that I didn´t study here for a whole year!

Life changing experience

This program provided me with ample opportunities to immerse myself into the culture. It opened my eyes to different experiences, food, and people. One of my favorite aspects is being in classes with students from all over the world and learning about their country and how they grew up.

Best semester ever

Before coming to Barcelona I had so many expectations. I must say all of them were succeeded coming abroad. I would recommend this program to everyone. It is a once and a lifetime opportunity that you cant pass up.

Great semester abroad

I loved studying abroad through AIFS! I would recommend it to my friends at home. The excursions provided were to very interesting places like Girona, Interlaken, and Besalu. The activities were always fun and exciting. I met a lot of people through AIFS during these excursions and activities.
My apartment was much nicer than I expected and the location was incredible.

Adventures abroad

Before coming abroad I was very excited, but at the same time beyond nervous. New country. New people. New culture. New everything. No matter how many pre departure meetings our school provided nothing ever fully prepared me until coming to Spain. Once arriving in Spain, Inma immediately met me at baggage and she made all stresses go away and I knew this was an amazing choice. From there every single experience onward made me fall in love more with the country, program and friends. The homestay allowed me to be immersed into the culture and practice a new language. My friends also made the transition much easier. AIFS made me feel comfortable in a new country. This is an experience I will never regret and wish it was for more time.

A new perspective!

AIFS was very helpful in all steps along the way during the Study Abroad process. They sent me plenty of information and details before applying and help me all along the way. From the second I arrived to the moment that I am typing this review, AIFS ensured that I had an amazing study abroad experience. It was worth every penny, and I really feel as if I immersed myself in the culture. I recommend this program to anybody wanting to study abroad in Barcelona!

A great experience

I loved Study Abroad UAB! The staff was personable and helpful. My classes were engaging and my professors were passionate and I could tell that they cared about their students. Since I took all business classes, all of my classes were at the UAB Eixample Campus, which was adequate but the wifi was terrible.

Not having class on Thursdays was awesome because it gave me the opportunity to travel to other countries and to find myself.

Life changing experience

This semester truly changed my life in a positive way. It changed the way I look at the world, other people and cultures, daily life, and even myself. I would highly recommend to everyone thinking about it!

Memorable

I learned a lot during this experience that I will take back to the US. The staff and my host mom were great. They were very helpful, kind and willing to answer all questions. It was a smooth transition from my home to UAB. They class were easy, but still somewhat interesting. Overall my experience was one to remember!