InterExchange participants InterExchange participants

Au Pair in Australia

My Interexchange Au Pair Australia review

I have been placed with a fantastic family who suits me perfectly. Jiyeon was crucial in guiding me through the entire process, She was patient and prompt and kind and reassuring. She helped me make sure i had all of the documents necessary and was fully prepared to move to another country. The only complaint I can voice is that Jiyeon contacted someone (I am not sure who handles this portion) multiple times regarding the Working with Children Check, and no one ever followed through with information for me. I arrived in Australia without it completed, but it was an incredibly easy process to complete so it was not a huge concern. Also, when I paid my initial fee to use Interexchange and Smart Au Pairs a $1000 scholarship/grant was available, but when I went to apply for it, it was no longer offered. I had counted on those monies to supplement my stay so that was rather disappointing. I felt as though they should honor it for those who had signed on when it was available still.

• InterExchange responded to this review May 18, 2016 at 2:14 PM

Thank you Brittany, for this great feedback! We're so glad you've had such a nice time with your host family.

As you mention the Working with Children Check is not a difficult part of the process but we do commit to clarifying that process and regret that you didn't have this ahead of time.

As for the InterExchange Foundation, there is no guarantee that any one individual will be funded but you are right that we have restructured our grant process (which is in fact a way of creating additional opportunities for more participants moving forward). We're glad you followed through with the program anyway and, once again, so glad all is going well!

Awesome Experience

I spent a year au pairing in Brisbane, and it was the best experience of my life. InterExchange was a great program - they matched me with two great families (each whom I lived with for about 6 months), dealt with the visa process so I didn't have to, and acted as my support system before and while I was in Australia. The year I spent au pairing was hands down the best year of my life. Yes, sometimes it was hard being so far away from home, and the job was exhausting at times, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. My Aussie family helped me embrace Australian life, I had a beautiful home to live in with some of the sweetest kids, lots of time to travel, and there is a HUGE community of international au pairs, so I made lifelong friends from all over the world.

• InterExchange responded to this review May 26, 2016 at 3:05 PM

We're so glad you had such a great experience with both of your host families, and were able to meet lots of friends - that's what's it's all about! Hope you're still in touch with your hosts and building upon the experience in your current endeavors! ~James (InterExchange)

Excellent

This program is very safe! I had a wonderful time
abroad in Australia. Everything went smoothly :)
I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to experience living in another country but also travel safely.

• InterExchange responded to this review May 26, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Glad everything went smoothly Emily! We appreciate your comments and glad you had a great au pair experience. Safe travels from InterExchange!

Au Pair in Melbourne and Brisbane

I was an Au Pair in Melbourne for 6 months, as well as Brisbane for 6 months with 2 wonderful families. I had an incredible time with each family- they were very different from each other and gave me a diverse view of Australia. It was the best experience of my life and I still talk to both families weekly.

• InterExchange responded to this review May 26, 2016 at 3:12 PM

Two great cities and two great families! Sounds like a win-win. While a six-month commitment is all that's required I'm so glad you were able to embrace a full year in two locations. Thanks for being an important part of the InterExchange community and thanks for the review! ~James (InterExchange)

Excellent gap year

I had the best year of my life as an Au Pair in Australia. I am so happy I went through InterExchange, they helped me every step of the way from the application process, to selecting a host family, to obtaining my visa. I had a great host family in Sydney, Australia I would not have found without InterExchange. I definitely recommend their services!

• InterExchange responded to this review May 26, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Glad you enjoyed Sydney and even more glad that you found us to be helpful. We appreciate your feedback and hope you find the chance to revisit Australia before long! ~James (InterExchange)

Au Pair in Australia

This was the best experience of my life. InterExchange matched me with the perfect family, assisted me with every step of my applications and offered a safety net for me on the other side of the world. The rest was left up to me. I had to make my own friends, learn my own way around, pay my own way. I would always suggest an organisation like this if you're considering being an au pair. It's just too risky without it. But really it's only there during your application and if anything should go wrong during. It's not a full support system. Which was perfect for me. I learned a lot.

• InterExchange responded to this review May 26, 2016 at 8:07 AM

So glad the experience went well and that you felt coming through InterExchange to be the correct move. We aim for the strongest support and it's always nice to get confirmation that this is happening. Thank you! ~James (InterExchange)