Academic Year, Spring
Fall: late August - mid December; Spring: late February - early July; Academic Year: late August - early July
- Chinese Language
- International Relations
- Languages & Linguistics
Cost in US$:
Please check the CIEE website for current program pricing.
Program Fees Include:
We want to make sure you get the most out of your experience when you study abroad with CIEE, which is why we offer the most inclusions in our fees.
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
- Students must take Peking University's (PKU) initial placement test in Beijing to be qualified to directly enroll at PKU. Typically, students that speak and write at the superior level on the ACTFL scale are likely to pass the PKU placement test. These students have often completed Third Year Chinese or the equivalent at the college level. Students who do not pass this test are required to enroll in the CIEE Intensive Chinese Language program at the advanced level.
Students are encouraged to provide a current HSK (National Chinese Language Proficiency Test) score along with their application to expedite the admissions process. The minimum HSK requirement is level 6 but level 8 is highly recommended.
- Overall GPA 3.0
- Junior standing and above * Note: Peking University will not accept students who are citizens of the People's Republic of China (PRC), Taiwan ROC, Hong Kong SAR, or Macau. This includes those who are U.S. permanent residents.
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Scholarships are Available
We have several scholarships that students can apply for. Contact CIEE for details.
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network