International Internships & Volunteer Programs in London
The Intern Group participants The Intern Group participants

International Internships & Volunteer Programs in London

Great internship experience

I made the right choice of choosing the Intern Group to start my global experience. My London internship is great and flexible. Ariana Christoffers is the community coordinator here in London. She gave me an amazing first tour of Canada Water. She is an amazing coordinator and helps you have a comfortable and pleasant experience.

Life boost

Always be skeptical whenever trekking the unbeaten path! ALWAYS. Let's be serious. Who is going to ever pay to work? Nobody, right? Well, think again. If you have the money and you are in need of a career boost, especially international experience, THIS IS FOR YOU. When I traveled to London with the Intern Group, I was a Junior back in the States, and I had already traveled to the financial capital of the world twice so far (summer courses). I knew what to expect (NOT AT ALL). As an intern in London, I learned more about time management than I ever did in college. The university housing was decent for the ordinary student, the social events organized by The Intern Group were simply fantastic, and the internship itself proved to be very useful, as I learned a number of office and communication skills (Institute of Economic Affairs). Even though I was not promised any compensation, I made new connections all throughout the program, learned more about my own strengths and weaknesses, and gave myself an extraordinary life boost.

Interning in London - summer '17

I first found the Intern Group while searching for ways to do an internship abroad. An internship is required for my major at my university, and I thought what better way to do it than to go abroad? While the Intern Group has a number of locations, I knew that London was where I wanted to go. I had been to the U.K. once before for a short time, and I had been trying to find a way to go back since. The placement process felt quite hands-on, and I felt that I really got to voice my opinion. Initially, however, I was reluctant to accept my placement because I didn't think it was a perfect fit. However, when I got to London, I realized the placement team knew me better than I knew myself! The internship was incredible, the team I was working with were supportive and passionate about their work, and I felt like I was making a real difference both for them and for those that they assist with their nonprofit work. And of course, being in London was wonderful! Last time I was in the U.K. I only got to go to London for about 2 days, so now, to be able to live there was amazing! The city is truly incredible, and it is so easy to go out and do something as often as you'd like, whether that be shopping, trying new restaurants, or going to different museums, or checking out different art installations, or music shows, or food festivals; whatever it is, London's got it! And thankfully the city is budget friendly, with plenty of inexpensive (but delicious!) eats and free events about town (speaking of, the public transit was a revelation to someone like me who always has to drive around if I need to go anywhere). I truly loved my internship and my time in London and I know I will treasure it for the rest of my life; so if you can make this work, I would enthusiastically recommend that you take that first step and start making memories that will last you a lifetime. Good luck!

London calling!

If you're like me, you love to travel but also feel the pressure to build your CV with some good content, the InternGroup combines the best of both worlds by giving you the opportunity to get an amazing work experience in an exciting environment. The InternGroup is an organization that appeals to everyone and anyone, if you're independent and coming to a new country is not an issue, London is your oyster and just waiting to be explored! On the other hand, if you're more nervous to take on the city, the InternGroup makes you feel like home. They're always one e-mail, phone call, text, or Facebook message away and help you every step of the way if you need it. As for friends, you'll make friends in no time as you're surrounded by organized events and other great interns that will make you feel like a real Londoner.

My time at the office has been nothing but amazing, I had the opportunity to experience the intense London work life for a whole summer, and it gave me a taste of what the future has in store. The company I worked for taught me so much, and I was able to put theory (from what I had learned at University) into practice, and the way I look at Marketing and PR will never be the same. Weekends in Hyde Park, dinners in Covent Garden, and work days at Liverpool Street was like something out of a movie, and I cherished every second of it.

It could be your turn now, and I can promise you it will be an experience of a lifetime.

Wonderful experience combines working and traveling

I think the experience I got here really exceed my expectation.
I worked as a finance intern in a pretty big PR firm that has offices around the world. I got responsibilities from the first day and had exposure to various aspects of finance. I got trained on using SAP and have worked on some accounting things like reconciliation, drafting invoices, and billing. I have also done several corporate finance projects like daily cash flow forecast, comparable company analysis, earn-outs breakdown analysis, and analyzing wins and losses of the company in a global perspective.

London is a wonderful city to live except the costs are high. It's convenient to travel both inside and outside of the city. Popular tourists places like Brighton, Bath, Cambridge, and Oxford will just take around one hour train and the public transportation system is quite convenient in London. I always travel outside of London once a week and I even take day offs and went to Munich for four days in one of the weeks.

The other amazing point of this journey is that I made friends from all over the world. I lived in a shared house with six other people. There were people leaving and coming in the house during my two months stay, but I am still able to make really good friends with some of them. Interestingly, almost all the people here are from different countries, so it's always fun to sit in the dining room and chat with them the whole night. I look forward to meeting them again in their countries when I exchange to Europe next year!

As for the improvement, I think the time from application to the time getting the internship is a bit long which makes people feel some insecurity during the process. Students will usually apply for several other openings but the program needs you to pay deposit along the application process making students need to stick with the program along the way. This is kind of risky in my point of view since the cost will be high if you are not satisfied with the internship you get.

Overall, It is really a once in a life time experience!

Successful internship/experience for the books

My internship experience is a bit different because I'm still at university back home in the United States. I attend Northeastern University and I'm currently on "Co-Op" which is basically a work study rather than taking a traditional semester of classes. This internship counts towards that. Last year I was teaching in Peru for my first co-op and this time around I'm in London working in the government and politics sector. The Intern Group was very helpful and accommodating to any and all of my questions. They were with me during the whole process. When I arrived in London, they helped me settle in efficiently and took me a on tour (even though this was my third time being in London). Throughout my time spent here, they were there to answer and questions I had and made sure everything was going well for me. They hosted tons of social events, most of which I attended, which is where I've met some of my closest friends. Overall, I've very pleased that I chose to go through with this organization and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything else.

Went beyond my expectations, completely outdid itself in the most remarkable way

The intern group just got itself integrated in my life from day one. Bear in mind that i got accepted to the program in May however only starting my internship in November. The whole time i would constantly get emails on tips and tricks with regards to interviews, where to visit in London and also reassurance that although South Africa will be far away by the time I get there, I was going to be alright. My job was completely in line with what I am currently studying and more. I had a lovely experience and would do it in a heart beat all over again.

Digital automotive marketing intern

The Intern Group provided me with a life-changing experience that I will never forget. In addition to having the time of my life, I made friendships that I will take with me and job experience that makes me stand out to possible future employers. I couldn't have asked for more when going abroad.

London summer internship

The experience with the Intern Group in London was very valuable to me. I was immersed in the great metropole with other people and students who were just as ambitious, curious and open-minded as me. Besides having great peer students to communicate and go out with at home, the program provided me a fantastic professional internship in the financial services industry in Mayfair, where many prestigious small-medium sized investment firms are established. The work environment was very tough in the beginning, having to do much grunt work like drafting business plans; but over time, I was given more and more responsibility and even handled my own few clients. It was a hard piece of work, but all the more rewarding in the end.

The Intern Group also sponsors fun events on the weekends or evening during the week to get more familiar with the intimidating city of London. There are so many things to do, but the people in place always had great recommendations and ideas matching your own interests.

An amazing experience

This summer I experienced my first time traveling to a foreign country and my first time working in my desired career field, film and television. Through my internship with Intern London, I was introduced to and immersed in the film and T.V. industry and I met some amazing people who I was able to explore London and other parts of England with. Participating in this program was a great experience for me, helped me grow as an individual, and gave me an insight to working with a T.V. production company. I would definitely recommend participating in this program.

Life changing opportunity

I had a truly incredible experience with this program!! The leadership in this program was absolutely phenomenal. The application process was simple and clear. the program is very helpful in figuring out and completing tasks before your internship. once you arrive they make the whole move in process easy by having individualized packets and room accommodations ready! throughout my internship they hosted many social events as a way to meet new people and explore new aspects and areas of London!! I had a lot of fun and really glad i was apart of this program

Experiencing London

My name is Allyson Hibdon and I was in London for a 6 week internship at Bacchus PR here in London. Bacchus is one of the top PR companies in London and I had the privilege of interning with the restaurant team. Overall, my experience with both Bacchus and the Intern Group Programme has been wonderful. I didn't really know or understand what a PR company did or how important they were until I got to intern here. Everyone made me feel welcome on my first day and was keen to giving me directions, showing me how to get places for lunch, and overall being really friendly.
The Intern Group were equally wonderful. They keep you busy from the moment you land with social events and outings. These outings are what kept me from feeling lonely and they're also how I met the 2 girls I do everything with now!
I did not have any really bad experiences with the Intern Group. The only irritating things that happened were beyond their control such as tube strikes going on and slow wifi that often crashed in the accommodation, and my office was almost 2 hours away if there was heavy traffic.
I advise that you do research on your company before hand, find your company the day before, go to the meetups even if you think you're too tired. You will regret it if you don't! Also, leave earlier than you normally would on Thursdays. I don't know why, but the tubes get ridiculously crazy and traffic is extra heavy. I would also advise you use the sim card and pay the £20 for data. I didn't and I regret it. There were times I would get lost or construction would be going on and I needed my maps and now have a hefty phone bill waiting for me when I get back. I also advise that you travel while you're here! I was able to go to Wales, Dublin, and Amsterdam while here and it was the best of times.

I would recommend this programme to anyone and everyone.

That's how London became my new home

There's a moment in our lives in which we realise that we have to make a change.
It happened to me 4 months ago, when after an MA in Media Production and no working opportunities on the horizon, I decided to live an international experience and apply for the Intern Group London programme. I couldn't have done a better and more rewarding choice: after 3 months of internship, I'm now a full employee in a London based video production company.

This wouldn’t have been possible without the assistance of the Intern London Team: from the beginning, they establish a personal, supportive and receptive relationship, they listen to your needs and find the most suitable working placement for you. During my internship I had the chance to meet people, take responsibility of several projects, travel, improve my skills, increase my self confidence in a working environment.

I was also provided of a really comfortable accommodation, since it was located in zone 2, exactly halfway between my office and the centre of London. Sharing the apartment with other students/interns was another bright side of this programme: I had the chance to meet lots of people from different countries, to share many experiences with them and therefore to grow up as a person. I never felt alone or lost, since every week a meet up or event was organized for us.

Even if from a distance London may seem a huge city, with a bad weather and terrible food, don’t miss the opportunity to take part of Intern London programme: Natalie and Melisha will make sure to prove you wrong and you’ll find out how incredible, multicultural and inspiring this city could be and how easy is to adjust to its lifestyle. Right now, I couldn’t live anywhere else.

Intern London

I have always wanted to experience living and working in London and the Intern Group London made that possible! My 8 week placement here in London was the perfect opportunity to experience a different world, meet new people and grow as a person. My intern placement was incredible and exactly what I was looking for. The meet-ups organised by the Program Coordinators were a great opportunity to meet other interns from all over the world! Participating in this program has truly been one of the best experiences of my life. Natalie and Melisha at Intern London were amazing and always willing to help out when needed! I would definitely recommend this program to anyone who wants to experience London!

Best decision I've made

Choosing to go to London for an internship was an amazing experience that was made extremely doable and easier with help from the Intern Group. Right from the start, they helped me through the process from writing a CV to applying for my visa and getting me to my accommodation.

Along with helping you get an amazing internship in an incredible city, they make sure that you meet other people through meet ups at great places in the city and experience as much of London as you can in your time there. In the program, the get you an oyster card for unlimited travel in zones one and two, which gives you unlimited travel right in the center of London! Along with the card, you get to have High Tea, go on the London Eye and go to the theater.

Overall, this was an experience that I will never forget and will forever be glad that I took the opportunity to take part in. I met some of the most incredible people during my stay and had some of the most amazing time while in London. I also walked away with new skills learned not only from the internship but from the Intern Group. If you get the opportunity to use them, definitely take it and you will not regret it!

Unparalleled experience that set the foundation for my career

I was a shy undergraduate before I started my journey with the Intern Group in the London location. My internship enabled me to have an incredible experience in the summer - an unparalleled experience that set the foundation for my career. I was able to work with industry leaders in the financial and information security sector. I gained an infinite amount of skills and level of confidence that I never thought I could. The program coordinators were very professional and helpful and I would re-live the experience in a heartbeat. Since the internship, I have acquired a skill set and I am considered a hot commodity in the job market. I could not do it without Intern Group.

Exceeded all my expectations

I participated in an 8 week program with Intern London in March 2015. Signing up I was hesitant about what the program involved and whether I would enjoy my time. I needn't have worried at all.
The Intern Group are an extremely attentive group of professionals who are committed to finding the best internship they can for you. They help manage any doubts or fears you have and I ended up in a journalism internship where I was given a lot of responsibility and was published numerous times.
On top of this, I found my accomodation brilliant and in zone 2 which meant travel into central London was easy and relatively fast. Your travel costs are included in the program fee which means less stress in worrying about having money on your oyster card. Because of this I was able to travel and see London on my weekends and during my evenings.
I made a lovely group of friends during my stay and was able to see them all at the social activities also organised by The Intern Group. The program is brilliant in that you can make it your own - you can be as social as you'd like, you have all the support you need, and on top of all of this, there are extras offered including what I would describe as a complete online personality screening which gives you a fantastic look at how you individually operate in the working environment.
I felt any question I had was answered quickly, and the whole program allowed me to push my boundaries and grow as a person.
Sign up immediately! The team at Intern London will look after you brilliantly and you will have a once in a lifetime experience.

I would do it again in a heartbeat

If you are looking for a program where you will be able to grow as a person, have the liberty to make your own decisions, but also have a full staff ready to help you then the Intern Group is definitely it!

I knew I wanted an experience abroad, but I wanted to make sure that I did it with the right program. After researching and reading endless reviews, I decided that Intern London was the best choice. Once I got to London, I was able to experience for myself all that Intern London had to offered. From a warm welcome with the staff and other interns, to countless meet ups arranged by our Experience Coordinator in different parts of London. They even made sure I had the best way to get to my internship!

If I have to say what is the one thing I enjoyed the most about living in London is definitely walking in the streets and hearing at least five different languages being spoken at the same time! It might be a simple thing, but it makes me smile even thinking about it. London is full of people from every part of the world, so yes it is definitely the place where you can make some international friends!

Probably the best summer of my life

I've said it once and I'll say it again: doing an internship abroad after college was the best decision I've ever made. Not only am I getting work experience that will help me in the future, I also get the chance to live in a different city, experience a different culture, meet people from around the world and make every day a new experience. From the beginnning, I had great support from The Intern Group, answering all my questions and helping during the visa process. They made the application process less stressful for me. This experience has given me the opportunity to grow as a person, to have a new perspective in life and meet incredibly people. If you are afraid of living abroad, don't be! There is nothing to be afraid of! Step outside your comfort zone, go see the world and meet new people. This is the time do it!

2 months in London England

What a wonderful way to start off 2015 in a new city, halfway across the globe. I wouldn't change a thing about my internship and am so grateful for the lifelong global friendships I have established as a result. The customer service provided by The Intern Group was superb as well as all of the social events that are already organized for you to enjoy during your stay. Being able to experience what it's truly like working in the field you are hoping to pursue is invaluable. I was welcomed with open arms to the company I worked for and every associate was more than willing to help and assist wherever needed.

The city of London is forever rewarding, with new buildings/sights/attractions to explore on your weekends. Even in the coldest month of January, when I came to London, I never found myself bored or without something new I wanted to do.

The transportation is very efficient and interconnected, allowing you to travel the city extensively without having to worry about losing your way. The accommodations are situated in a safe neighbourhood within reasonable proximity to tube stations/bus stops/grocery stores and more. The flats are clean and well-kept and are cleaned weekly which was a lovely addition.

All in all, without hesitation I would recommend The Intern Group London to any recent graduate craving an international adventure with a beneficial academic pay off. You truly do get the best of both worlds.

What the world needs more of

Hands-on experience.
Personable staff.
Fast and easy process.
Workshops designed to make you better at being you.
Networking opportunities like never before.
Exactly what young people need today to thrive in the real world.

Highly encourage students to take part in The Intern Group's program - especially if you are in University often lacking learning opportunities that go beyond the books. Take a deep breath and jump into an experience that will shake you, break you at times but nevertheless make you a stronger person by the end of your placement. Guaranteed.

My internship in London

Having already finished my first year of University in the UK, I thought that getting an internship in London would be the next plausible step in terms of helping me secure a job after I graduated in the next couple of years. I initially was a bit nervous for it (as I had only worked in the family business before), but I was extremely excited to begin. I viewed this as a chance to further enhance my background knowledge in the entertainment industry... however, little did I know that I would learn so much more about myself and be able to outline more of my goals for the future.

I moved to Edinburgh just last September, so luckily I didn't have to deal with the international flight, situation. However, the Intern Group still was extremely accommodating in terms of sending a cab to King's Cross and pick me directly up from the train station. This summer I lived in a studio flat in Camden- literally in the heart of it all, and just an 8 minute tube ride from work... and I absolutely loved it.

Furthermore, my internship this summer was honestly better than I could have expected!! Everyone in the office was so helpful and friendly throughout my 10-week internship. I got to attend launch parties, photo-shoots, and even shadow in on some client meetings. Furthermore, I even got to work with some of the clients directly!

I have a lot of friends that already have homes in London which was really helpful, but what I didn't expect was how friendly all the other interns were! I feel like I have honestly made lifelong friends from this program. It made me so excited that some of these people have already decided that they want to move to London upon their graduations!

London is one of my favourite cities in the world and I know that anyone who chooses to come here for their internship will 100% absolutely love it. Besides the obvious culture and history, London has endless possibilities of activities to do. From amazing world-class restaurants and bars, to captivating museums, London is a city that caters to everyone's wants and needs. It is honestly one of the friendliest places I have ever had the opportunity to live in, and I truly have not met a single intern from this program that has disliked their internship or the city they chose to spend their summer in.

Furthermore, the Intern Group helps you see the city to the fullest. Honestly, I was so surprised by the vast multitude of opportunities that are given to you as an intern. Whether it is seeing the London Eye, having afternoon tea, or going to the theatre, you will have so many chances to see the city (and the people)- all in such a unique way.

My advice to any of those that are questioning on whether or not they want to do this program is to give it a chance and just do it!! You will have the best time (in one of the best cities in the world) and truly love your internship.

Internship experience shaping my future

I think the greatest thing about my internship was how much I learned. I am studying theater in school and I was looking for an opportunity to get hands on experience with all the aspects of theater. I have a strong interest in directing and technical theater, but coming from the performance side of theater I had little experience with this. I was placed at The London Theatre, a small fringe theater in New Cross. Since is was a small theater, I had the opportunity to learn sound design, light design, casting, producing, and directing. At the end of my time, I got to put on my own production, with a cast I hired and a rehearsal schedule I created. Since everything was so accessible I was able to get a full understanding of what it takes to run a small theater, which got me thinking about one day owning and running my own small theater. This is something I never thought I could do, or have the experience necessary to do. I could not be more pleased with how this internship turned out. Thank you to The Intern Group for placing me in a theater where I am doing exactly what I wanted to do! Beyond my job, the accommodations are wonderful. I have my own space, but also a nice shared kitchen where I can cook and hang out with roommates. The other interns in the program are wonderful and I enjoy going to organized meet ups, as well as adventuring out on our own. Getting to live, work, and explore London has been my favorite part of the whole experience. I have made many amazing memories that I could not have made otherwise.

Good internship experience

I worked in a makeup company and have a wonderful working experience in there. The company is really friendly and the intern group is helpful for my whole internship experience. I enjoy the time and experience in there and recommend it.

Internship at Whizz-Kidz

As part of the Intern Group's Intern In London program, I was given the opportunity to intern/volunteer at Whizz-Kidz, a U.K. based non-profit organization (NPO). It should be noted that internships with NPO's do not typically pay interns, and other interns in your program may be receiving payment at their respective placements. However, if you're like me, this will not bother you as Whizz-Kidz does extremely valuable work for non-mobile young people. My accommodation was located a 2 minute walk from the Farringdon Underground Station roughly 25 minutes by tube from the office's location in Central London, a stone's throw from the Victoria Underground Station. I worked with the Customer Service team and found it to be a really pleasant experience. They were very kind and welcoming, keeping the work environment lighthearted but professional when the situation called for it. I was tasked mostly with processing handwritten pre-clinic and therapist support forms into an electronic database known as the C.S.D. Occasionally I would also be asked to send follow-up emails or letters to people had not responded to the charity's previous correspondence. Overall, the work was simple to get the hang of and my co-workers were always supportive and helpful if I was unsure of how to complete something. Not once did I feel uneasy about asking for assistance. The office environment also has a far more lax dress code than many other placements, meaning interns won't necessarily have to buy a new wardrobe beforehand. On the whole, I enjoyed my placement with Whizz-Kidz and the general experience of Intern London. It's a great city filled with interesting people and places.