Lake Titicaca Service Adventure
Rustic Pathways Header Image Rustic Pathways Header Image

Lake Titicaca Service Adventure

New people. new culture. Everlasting memories.

During my experience on the Lake Titicaca Service Trip, I was able to immerse myself in a new culture and create relationships with people in the Perka Norte community during my homestay. I loved how everyone in our group connected and felt comfortable with one another within the first few days of the trip. From visiting Machu Pichu to staying with a host family for 5 days along Lake Titicaca, our rustic experiences were unforgettable. Our leaders, Marcie, Andrea, and Frank, were the true MVPS and made my experiences throughout the trip go very smoothly. Even when their bumps (people got sick), they tried their best to make sure people got proper medical care and felt at home. A few suggestions for the future are edit the packing list so their are some more warm clothes (leggings or jeans) as well as keep the food during the trip more authentic. No need to americanize our meals, experiencing the cuisine of a foreign country is an important aspect of embracing and engaging in a new culture. All in all, the Lake Titicaca Service Trip was an unforgettable two weeks of my life. The people and adventures were priceless!