Volunteer in Samoa with Projects Abroad

Volunteer in Samoa with Projects Abroad

Volunteering in Samoa

Volunteering in Samoa for Projects Abroad was the most amazing thing I have ever done.

I was so out of my comfort zone when I first arrived in Samoa and the staff at Project Abroad were fantastic. They took great care of me, helping find my way around the town offering and answering any questions I had. Thankfully I didn't have any issues while I was there but they always offered 24/7 support.

On the weekends I went out exploring the sights Samoa had to offer and I was not disappointed! I saw some of the most beautiful places while I was there. The Ocean Trench was my favourite of them all. It is definitely one of the must see places when in Samoa.

My host family were fantastic. They were so much fun to be around. They helped me with whatever I needed and the food they made for dinner was the best ever!
Most nights we played card games and sat outside listening to music rather than watching TV and it was so enjoyable. We talked and laughed about everything and I felt like part of the family almost instantly. I love my host family and Samoa so much that I ended up going back for a holiday this year. I was lucky enough to stay with the family again and go out and do things with them as well.

• Projects Abroad responded to this review September 27, 2017 at 11:33 AM

Dear AKG. Sounds like you had an amazing experience in Samoa! It's great to hear you loved it so much you wanted to go back - and then you did! Our host families are always thrilled to see volunteers coming back and keep sharing their culture with you! Maybe next time they can come and visit you!

The International Volunteer Programs Association