Rediscovering Cambodia
Globe Aware Header Image Globe Aware Header Image

Rediscovering Cambodia

Cambodia volunteer project near Siem Reap

In September of 2014, I completed an assignment with Globe Aware at an orphanage near Siem Reap. it was my first trip to Cambodia and was a wonderful experience. The in country hosts met me at the airport and was with me daily. The children and teacher at the orphanage were tremendously happy to have me there and it was very rewarding working with the children on their English speaking skills. We completed simple projects including a chicken coop, garden and construction of a compost bin. We also spent time assembling wheelchairs and distributed to elderly people in a nearby village. I will never forget the looks of genuine gratitude from the recipients. Since then I have completed 9 other volunteer projects and this summer hope to take my grand daughter on her first international trip to Romania. We are very excited!!

Amazing Cambodia experience

I've traveled twice to Cambodia thru this program. Both were amazing adventures. The people are so wonderfully kind and gracious. Our guide did a fantastic job of showing us the culture and making us feel like family. We loved the time we spent teaching the children and playing with them. We were able to build wheelchairs for people disabled by landmines and personally give them to the people. It's a beautiful country and seeing it as a volunteer is a priceless experience.

The International Volunteer Programs Association