Au Pair in Australia
Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

Au Pair in Australia

Au Pair

I had the out most best experience in Australia living and working as a nanny I loved it so much i am currently trying to move out there permanently on a skilled working visa. My family was amazing and the staff with geovisions offered so much support and guidance I want to do it again or try another program!

• Professional Development

Finding myself a little more each day

My friends at home are constantly asking me if I am out seeing everything I came here to see. I always say yes and no... because I have already seen a lot, but have a lot left on my list to see. Many people go 'aw that sucks I hope you see everything!' But this experience has been so amazing that even though I have not seen everything I want to see, I am so happy where I am and very comfortable with my host family!

That said, I have seen the Newcastle beaches many times, and have been up to the Hunter Valley where my host family is moving, but there are also beautiful vineyards and many Kangaroos.

I recommend this program highly. I'm finding myself a little more each day and the program lets me do that. And I still have 5 months left, and it's exciting to think about who next I'll meet.

Just Do It

This program has given me the ability to travel everywhere! I have had the opportunity while my host family was on holiday to visit Melbourne, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast, Queensland. In May, when I complete my contract with my host family, I will be traveling to Bali, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, then from Italy travel through Europe and some east coast stops in the US before returning to California.

If you are hesitant or weighing your options to stay or go and they keep evening out, just go! I have a great host family and that has made all the difference for me, so I am so glad I invested the time from the beginning to chat with potential host families and ultimately go with the best match for both parties. GeoVisions was very open to setting this all up and giving me time to find the family that I thought was a best match for me.

An Excellent Program

Everything I have experienced has been excellent, the family is incredible and Geovisions provided incredible support for getting me connected with the family and out here! The staff at Geovisions is hugely helpful, and the family I'm living with is perfectly lovely! Talking to other au pairs across Australia is a great way to not feel homesick, and I'm even considering staying longer than six months! I'm hugely thankful for the role Geovisions played to get me to Australia, and thanks to them, as well as the great family I was placed with.

A dream come true

Australia is a dream come true, and it's going great! This is SUCH a great program, I'm really glad that I chose it and I'm thankful for the assistance you guys constantly provide

Awesome Experience

I have been in Australia nearly 3 months now, and I am so happy with my decision to come! GeoVisions has been wonderful throughout the entire process. Both my sister and I had applied for placements in New Zealand, and then decided that we also wanted to go to Australia first. Because they had a few host families available GeoVisions helped us to get everything set up, and not only found us both families, but found them in close proximity to each other (though not always guaranteed). I have really enjoyed my experience with my family, and so has my sister. There have been no major problems, and the children and host families have been absolutely lovely! The people at GeoVisions have kept in contact with us the entire time that we have been here as has the partner in Australia. The people that I have gone through were Ann Sherer, Rebecca LeGrant, and Melynda Davis. Every month I have received and email checking in on how we are doing as well as asking if there is anything that we would change about the program. All of these them have made this experience so much easier! I would highly recommend using GeoVisions, and I certainly will be again very soon.

Awesome Australia Experience

Going across the Sydney Harbor Bridge for the first time in the early morning and catching a glimpse of the Sydney Opera House.

I wanted to travel and continue to work as a nanny, GeoVisions gave me a way to do that.

I have my own room and share a bathroom with the kids, I can use the cars for outings with the kids, and am also provided pocket money and three meals a day.

• Professional Development

Lots of fun - ask lots of questions

I wish I had asked what the weather is like on a daily basis. I brought too many of the wrong clothes.

Also make sure you know how much time you are actually going to have with the kids because it gets quite boring not doing anything for 6 hours of the day 3 days a week, unless you want to go out to the city all the time. GeoVisions makes it easy to communicate with your host family before you leave home, but I would recommend asking lots of detailed questions to the family.

My host family bought me a car to use while I was here to help drop off and pick up the kids and they put a GPS in my car to help me get around or get back home if I got lost, but I don't use it that often it's not that hard to get around.

Make sure your first priority is the kids, they are always the main priorities always making sure they are safe and healthy and eating good nutritional food. If you do that, the remainder of your time will be fun.

Great experience!

I was really happy with Geovisions, and my year abroad in Australia! Geovisions took the time to find the perfect host family for me, and made sure that we were compatible and would work well together. I had a wonderful time living and working for my host family, I couldn't have asked for a better experience, I am already missing the family kids a lot! It would have been helpful if Geovisions had checked in more often, especially around the 2-3month period when homesickness really sets in, so that we could get some advice or reassurance during that time. Other than that I would high recommend using Geovisions for working/volunteering abroad!

Au Pair in Melbourne, Australia

My time in Australia has really been such an educational and amazing experience. I've only been here for 2 months and I'm already enjoying it so much, that I can only imagine my next months will be even better! I've developed several groups of friends, all of which are very nice and welcoming. I've set a routine that works for me and helps with making my very busy days run smoothly. I'm enjoying the family that I'm living with and getting used to the way things work.

GeoVisions has been very helpful along the way and it is very reassuring that they check up on me once in a while to see if I am settled in and happy with my family placement. The whole process with GeoVisions, mainly Rebecca LeGrant and Angela Mulcahy, has been very pleasant and easy going. They made sure that I was placed with the best possible family for my likes that were mentioned on my application and put in an area that they thought I would be comfortable in.

Au Pair in Sydney

My family has been really amazing. I have my own space in the house and it's in the perfect location between downtown and the beach. I only work three days of the week so I have a lot of free time. Sometimes I do get bored though. There are tons of other Au Pairs to meet up with but not very many American girls. My only complaint would be how much I actually paid for the program. I have realized that every other Au Pair I have met simply went to an Au pair agency for free and they set them up with a family (the families pay the fee), while I had to pay hundreds of dollars for the same service.