Internship in Malaysia with Asia Internship Program
Tall buildings Tall buildings

Internship in Malaysia with Asia Internship Program

Kiwi's adventure to KL

I think the most interesting thing about Malaysia is the fact that there is no one culture. There is Chinese, Indian and Malay influences which leads to my favorite part about Malaysia - the food. Chinese food like Hainanese chicken rice, Indian food like ayam masak merah and Malay food like nasi lemak - you can't get food even close to that in New Zealand. I was based in KL which was convenient for weekend trips, I got to go the Batu caves, visit monkeys and fireflies and go to Panang. Sadly after my internship I had to go straight home for college so I didn't have any time to travel, which is why I made such an effort to travel on weekends. I met some other interns who had arrived in KL before me so I got to go on most of my adventures with them :) My internship in an architecture agency was more hands on than I expected which was tiring but undoubtedly beneficial. I don't regret coming here at all and I'm defiantly relieved to have some relevant working experience on my CV not just bar work. I recommend this program to anyone who might find themselves in a similar situation than me and who want to be ready for the job market after graduating.

My adventurous experience in Malaysia

6. Malaysia is a mix of different races and religions where Malays, Chinese, Indians and many other ethnic groups living together. I chose Kuala Lumpur to do my internship because it’s very diverse as it’s culture. I was really happy where I was placed at, so AIP did a really good job on that. The most important thing is that I’ve learned and gained something from the internship. I met so many interns that were going through the same experience as I am, so we bonded really fast. The accomodation wasn’t in a good location tho. I have to take 2 buses to get to company.

Besides work, I manage to travel around Malaysia like Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore. I got to see and try the local foods too. Surprisingly, It was delicious! I enjoyed every minute of it.

Great adventure

The opportunity to mix fun, travel and work, rarely comes around so of course I signed up to AIP as soon as my friend recommended it to me. I have to say, he was not exaggerating, I had the literal time of my life in KL. If you're like me, looking for hands-on experiences to amp up your CV and to satisfy your sense of adventure at the same time, then this experience is hitting two birds with one stone. I love the idea of having a home base in Asia but being able to travel to different countries in this wonderful part of the world. I used my home in Stockholm for this when travelling Europe but I feel like I’ve seen most of Europe now. I’m sad to be back in cold Sweden.
With the help of Asia Internship Program, I was able to find an international internship that helped me to grow in my career in mechanical engineering and also allowed me time to enjoy Malaysian culture. To be fair to AIP they organized a fair few activities and made sure that the interns had a chance to meet, I wish there were more but that’s a minor detail. I would recommend this program to anyone who's looking for their next challenging adventure.

I love KL

I had a great experience in Malaysia. I learned a lot about business development, thanks to my job and culture because I was geographically located in Kuala Lumpur. KL is a such an interesting city due to its cultural diversity. I met a lot of well-travelled people from all over the world and I gained invaluable experience while working!

A step in the right direction

I started off my experience at AIP as a crowd-funding intern. I chose to go through them because I wanted to find an internship that could afford me University credit. I did not want to do my internship in France because I wanted to see something new. I looked through many internship companies but AIP was the only one where you could find your own accommodation. The position itself started off quite slowly I was given a lot of training with not that much responsibility. I brought this up with my point of contact with AIP who in turn spoke to my host company. Thankfully the pace of my work did pick up after that. Malaysia is a beautiful country, in KL the beatu caves are really something but my favourite place has got to be Panang! The street art was really something special. The obsession with durian fruit was a bit much for me, it’s a super strong smell and it made the most… interesting ice cream flavor I’ve ever put in my mouth. All in all my experience in Malaysia was a great step in the right direction for me, I feel like I have something to make my CV stand out now. My one regret was not using my 5 months in Malaysia to travel to other countries, I only visited Thailand.

My internship in Malaysia

I interned at a small fin-tech startup in Malaysia this past summer and I really enjoyed it. My internship was perfect for me and AIP was there if I needed support or help with anything, which luckily I did not. They really simplified the process of finding the internship and finding housing, and even planned a couple of fun social events with the other interns throughout the two months I was in Malaysia with them too. While my whole experience as an intern went pretty smoothly, I would have loved some more information and guidance before I started my internship to put my mind at ease.

KL adventures

I had a great time living and working in Malaysia and I got offered a job after my internship. I wanted to do something new and exciting that would also would help me develop my skills, I decided to do an internship abroad. I looked at many different programs similar to Asia Internship Program and in the end I chose this one because this was one of the only programs I found that allowed me to go to Malaysia, where my parents are from. I'm glad I made the decision to intern abroad, I'm not sure how AIP plays out compared to other internship services but they did the job - I was pleased to be placed in a small NGO, the housing was small and cramped but at least it was in a convenient location in KL. I would defiantly recommend this to a friend!

Marketing intern at EasyUni

I love my coworkers!! They are now good friends of me and I cant wait to see them again.
Next to that I also learned a bunch of useful skills and overall a great way to spend my holiday!
I can recommend Asia Internship Program's service! They gave me confidence after I failed in my first interview.