Internship in Hong Kong with Asia Internship Program
Tall buildings Tall buildings

Internship in Hong Kong with Asia Internship Program

Awesome experience!

Before coming to Hong Kong to do my internship I didn’t really know what to expect. It was my first time going to Asia so I was a little bit apprehensive. When I first arrived in Hong Kong the AIP staff were so welcoming and friendly which really helped calm some of my nerves. I really want to praise Ken for all the help he gave me about my accommodations, visa, and just settling me into Hong Kong. My internship was in the business development field and the company I worked for was really engaging. They were a start-up, so there were a lot of younger employees which made the work environment very fun but also challenging at the same time (challenging in a good way). I also made a lot of connections from the various networking events that AIP had organized for me to go. It was my first time to Asia and I really want to explore the other countries that this part of the world has to offer.

Hong Kong internship

I really enjoyed my experience doing this internship in Hong Kong. The program was very good about being flexible in terms of dates when I suddenly needed to move my dates by a couple of months. They set me up with a nice non-profit organization, initially I wanted to work in a start-up but as it turned out I had a great time working in the non-profit. I wish I could've done the program longer to explore more and immerse myself more. This program is really what you make it but you have the ability to meet people from all over and kind of have a built in friend group with the interns that start off with you. I highly recommend joining in on everything to get the most out of the program. I know some Chinese but it is not absolutely required to get around but it helps. But you will find yourself speaking a fair amount of both English and Chinese since the interns you're with will also most likely speak English but for day to day life Chinese is handy.