Internship in Hong Kong with Asia Internship Program
Tall buildings Tall buildings

Internship in Hong Kong with Asia Internship Program

Right choice

A friend of mine did her Internship in Hong Kong and she can’t stop talking about how she enjoyed her experience there, so I’ve decided to take her word for it and decided to do my internship in Hong Kong. That’s when I came across AIP who manage to find me an internship. Asia Internship Program also managed to find me an accommodation. The location was not that bad. It’s only 10 mins walk to the MTR. My first reaction was mind blown! Hong Kong was the right destination to do my internship.

I did met up with some interns in the company. They were very nice and friendly. We got to travel and see the city together like Macau, which is only an hour away form Hong Kong.

Overall, my experience in Hong Kong was one of the best experience ever. Big thanks to Asia Internship Program for finding me an internship in Hong kong.

A great experience in Hong Kong

Hong Kong adalah salah satu destinasi yang paling popular di dunia, bukan sahaja untuk membeli-belah dan makan angin tetapi juga untuk melakukan program magang, iaitu ketika saya menemui AIP. Saya sangat berpuas hati dan gembira dengan AIP sebab mereka telah menerima saya untuk program latihan. Tambahan pula, saya juga bertemu dengan pelbagai individu yang sedang menduduki program latihan dalam AIP. Sepanjang masa saya di syarikat tersebut, kefasihan bahasa Inggeris dari pelatih yang lain tidak beberapa fasih kerana mereka adalah penduduk tempatan dan Bahasa Inggeris bukan bahasa ibunda mereka tetapi kita masih boleh berkomunikasi dengan baik.

Malangnya, penginapan yang disediakan tidak berada di lokasi yang strategik. Saya terpaksa berjalan selama 20 minit untuk sampai ke MRT, selain itu, makanan tempatan di sekitar kawasan itu juga tidak begitu lazat.

Walau bagaimanapun, saya telah mempunyai pengalaman yang amat baik semasa menjalankan program latihan saya di AIP serta mengenali budaya dan Sejarah Hong Kong. Terima kasih AIP atas ajaran dan pengalaman yang.

A memorable experience

I had a wonderful and memorable experience in Hong Kong. Despite the language barrier and cultural difference I was still able to explore the city in the last 3 months. Hong Kong isn’t that big, so I was able to explore the whole of city in a matter of months. I was also happy of my placement. Asia Internship Program did a very good job on that. The accommodation was also in a good location. It was only 20 mins away from the company.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to hangout with other interns in the company due to the lack of communication. I did made friends outside the office and some that are also doing there internship in Hong Kong.

Memory

I just enjoyed Hong Kong! The moment I arrived to my living quarters I was in love. The places I've been and saw, the other interns I met, the food, my internship was amazing! I learned so much from being there for 3 months. I learned that I could live, survive in a place that I was unfamiliar in & do what I love. My boss taught me the finance side of hospitality & gave me many insights into the industry. Asia Internship Program was thoughtful enough to check in on me throughout the internship and did a good job of answering all of my questions. The only thing was I was not able to be collected from the airport on arrival due to delayed flight. Other than that Asia Internship Program is definitely a program I would recommend to others.

Coop in Hong Kong

I hope it’s not too dramatic to say that my summer with Asia Internship Program in Hong Kong was unforgettable. My time there hit all the angles I was hoping to touch off: experience and travel. For my cooperative education module un University I needed to do an internship, while it wasn’t necessary to do it abroad I wasn’t going to miss out on that opportunity!

I did my internship in Hong Kong with a biomedical company producing blue-green algae with health promoting properties. I had a mix of lab and research work which suited me just fine, I’m glad for the opportunity to apply all I’ve learned in University to a real world working environment. I met a lot of great people working there and also outside of the office, there were other AIP interns dotted around the city and we had a couple of adventures together – one to Macau!

My one grievance about my time there was the internet in my accommodation wasn’t the fastest, of course my parents wanted me to Skype them the moment I arrived so they would know I was alive but I just couldn’t connect. I complained to AIP and they helped me replace it at least but it was a rough few days.

All in all I had a fantastic time in HK with AIP and I would encourage all my friends in the year below me to go abroad for coop rather than stay in Ireland!

Great kickstart to my career

My experience in Hong Kong was unlike anything I’ve ever done or experienced before. Working as a mechanical engineer in there has given me the opportunity to expand my network and know more about local companies and meet people in the industry. The end goal for me is to eventually move to Asia so this was particularly vital. Every week I learnt something new and applied it to the projects at hand. My superiors really helped me to learn and grow and It was great to be given the opportunity to put all that I have learned in University to practice.
My 3 month Hong Kong internship was intense and enlightening. Being ahead of the game in so many industries it is really the place to be for me. I always thought myself ambitious and this just made the most sense to me, what better place to get a foothold on your career than the Asian market? Other than the internship itself, Hong Kong’s diversity and culture blew me away. I did all of the touristy things while I was there! I think my favorite weekend getaway was probably not in Hong Kong at all but in Macau!
I have to hand it to AIP, I was really happy with my placement and the accommodation provided was in a really good location. Maybe my one issue is that the process was a bit long for my anxious heart but I was kept informed every step of the way. I hope to head back to either Hong Kong or China soon after graduating.

Trip of a lifetime!

I would recommend Asia Internship Program’s Hong Kong program to any college students looking to further their career. It’s also worth noting that being situated in Asia is GREAT for those who want to use this opportunity to travel this corner of the world. My internship in PR and Marketing has been instrumental in preparing me for life after graduation - out in the big bad world as my Father would say. My stint in Hong Kong really stands out on my CV, I’ve had an interview since returning home to South Carolina and they mentioned it which was a massive relief. I opted for the standard package to reduce the margin of error - I got a transportation card, accommodation, visa assistance, a sim card and a language course. There was other stuff included too but it’s been a few weeks and I don’t really remember. I met a lot of great people from all parts of the world and I’ll be keeping in touch with a good few of them. I wish I could go back but alas study calls!

Internship in Hong Kong

The time I spent living and working in Hong Kong has proved to be the most valuable and intense experience of my life up-to-date. When I first set foot in HK little did I know how much I had to learn about this country and how complicated and contradictory its everyday reality was. There is just so much the city has to offer: within a two-month period I went to Disney Land, hand-fed a falcon, went paragliding, spent time by the ocean on Lantau island and visited local markets! Working as a business development intern has granted me an unparalleled platform from where I can observe and discover the fast-changing dynamics and phenomena underpinning the HK society. A piece of advice: use your time abroad to travel!
Things to improve?
More outings organised with the interns in the same city!

Hong Kong internship

I really enjoyed my experience doing this internship in Hong Kong. The program was very good about being flexible in terms of dates when I suddenly needed to move my dates by a couple of months. They set me up with a nice non-profit organization, initially I wanted to work in a start-up but as it turned out I had a great time working in the non-profit. I wish I could've done the program longer to explore more and immerse myself more. This program is really what you make it but you have the ability to meet people from all over and kind of have a built in friend group with the interns that start off with you. I highly recommend joining in on everything to get the most out of the program. I know some Chinese but it is not absolutely required to get around but it helps. But you will find yourself speaking a fair amount of both English and Chinese since the interns you're with will also most likely speak English but for day to day life Chinese is handy.

Awesome experience!

Before coming to Hong Kong to do my internship I didn’t really know what to expect. It was my first time going to Asia so I was a little bit apprehensive. When I first arrived in Hong Kong the AIP staff were so welcoming and friendly which really helped calm some of my nerves. I really want to praise Ken for all the help he gave me about my accommodations, visa, and just settling me into Hong Kong. My internship was in the business development field and the company I worked for was really engaging. They were a start-up, so there were a lot of younger employees which made the work environment very fun but also challenging at the same time (challenging in a good way). I also made a lot of connections from the various networking events that AIP had organized for me to go. It was my first time to Asia and I really want to explore the other countries that this part of the world has to offer.