Internship in Singapore with Asia Internship Program
Tall buildings Tall buildings

Internship in Singapore with Asia Internship Program

Adventure to Singapore

I was still in the airport in Singapore when I began to notice that the place was insanely clean, another intern and myself would try and turn 360 degrees when we were walking around the city to see if we could see a trash can or not, we rarely failed. As a South East Asian I have heard about how progressive and amazing Singapore was all my life and I wanted to see for myself. Vietnam and Singapore don't compare, I am from Ho Chi Minh City and they couldn't be further apart (not geographically). I am studying finance in London School of Economics but I found it difficult in obtaining a visa to work in a European country as a Vietnamese citizen because I wanted to do a 2 month internship over the Christmas break but not in the UK so I started to look towards Asia, I was too busy with exams to fully commit to searching for an internship so I decided to go for a provider. The process with AIP is pretty straight forward, you apply, you have a Skype meeting with them, they set you up with an interview with a company a bit later and you're set. I was appreciative of the visa guidance too because I am useless at that sort of stuff and I know how strict Singapore can be. The whole 2 months I was in Singapore was fascinating, while the architecture is amazing my favorite places to go were the parks (especially the wetland reserve) and the food was really good too but comparable to Vietnamese so not the most exciting thing about the experience. The internship was decent, I only had time to work on one big project which I was a bit upset about but it was my own doing for picking the Christmas break rather than the summer break where I would have had more time. Defiantly a place worth the visit and AIP is defiantly worth considering if you don't have time to find your own internship!

A memorable experience

Singapore is one of the most beautiful cities that I have been too. I really enjoyed doing my internship there. I guarantee that if anyones thinking of doing there internship in Singapore, they will not regret it. Besides learning about there culture and History, Singapore has so much and endless activities to do. AIP was able to find a accommodation for me and has been checking up with me through out my whole internship abroad.

Unfortunately, I might not come back to Singapore again, It was a memorable experience but I feel like I’ve seen it all and Singapore isn’t that big like Hong Kong.

Singapore internship

My internship in Singapore was an absolutely amazing experience and I truly loved every minute. I interned for 6 months at a reputable consultancy. The entire internship was brilliant and I had a fantastic time - and even better, I was offered a job at the end of it. Unfortunately, I had to decline because I had commitments at home but it was still lovely to hear.

The accommodation at was in an ok location, I had to take public transportation to get to work every day. AIP were kind enough to help me in setting up a transport to make the commute easier, however. I had such an amazing time in Singapore but I don’t know if I will ever come back to visit Singapore specifically again. I think I saw it all in the 6 months I was there but the rest of south east asia my call me in the future!

Concrete jungle

If your internship happens to run through the Christmas Holidays, don't fear! Singapore makes a real effort to organize seasonal events and create a really festive feeling while you’re away from home. That was defiantly one of the stand-outs of my time in Singapore, I’m a Christmas nut and was worried I wouldn’t really get to celebrate it in 2017, It’s not even December yet and the decorations are everywhere! Obviously the country has more to offer than just that, I was fortunate enough to be placed with a great and close-knit company and work alongside some really knowledgeable and accommodating people. My only complaint is the visa took a while to get processed so I was a little bit worried that I would not get it on time, low and behold I was worried for nothing. Great experience, would recommend.

Ana maith ar fad

Tháinig mé go Singapore as Éirinn an samhradh seo. Is iontach an taithí a bhí ann, d'oibrigh mé i gcuideachta bheag dearaidh grafach. Tugadh an-fhreagracht orm, bhí an deis agam mo thionscadal féin a reáchtáil a foilsíodh ansin. Bhí mé chomh bródúil as féin. Thug an chuideachta litir tagartha mhaith dom tar éis don intéirneacht a bheith críochnaithe freisin. Is áit iontach é Singapore, agus is í an tír is glaine a bhí mé riamh. Ní féidir leat ciorcal a thionú gan bosca bruscar deannaigh a fheiceáil. Ba é an buaicphointe ar mo thuras Sentosa, is breá liom cé chomh nua-aimseartha a bhí sé! Bhí mé ag iarraidh taisteal san Asia i gcónaí agus féach tíortha éagsúla ann. Is áit iontach é Singapore a bheith bunaithe ar an ábhar seo toisc gur féidir leat teacht ar an oiread tíortha éagsúla san Asia. Chuaigh mé go dtí Cambodia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Japan, South Korea agus Laos. Bhí mé ag iarraidh cuairt a thabhairt ar níos mó ach ní raibh an t-am agam, ba ghá dom filleadh ar mo chuid staidéir in Ollscoil Luimnigh. Is é an t-aon droch-rud atá le rá agam faoi mo chuid fanacht ná go bhfuil Singapore daor i ndáiríre, fuair mé gur féidir leat bia inacmhainne agus íogair a ithe i gcúirteanna bia. Is é mo núdail éisc is fearr liom. Áit iontach, taithí iontach.

Love Singapore

As a biomedical engineering student, I was looking for an experience that was related to this for my resume, but also offered immersion into a different culture. I took part in a full 4 month program in Singapore. The engineers in the company I interned at were all very enthusiastic and willing to work with us throughout the duration of our stay. I am definitely planning on returning to Singapore for their work opportunities as well as the awesome activities within the city. There was so much to do, but I might wait until Universal Studios opens Harry Potter land. For the living situation I had my own apartment which was nice and clean and located right beside a food court (try the chicken rice!) but I needed to take public transportation to get to and from work every day, luckily Singapore’s transportation facilities are world class – no one there seems to drive!

A truly rewarding experience

The time I spent living and working in Singapore has proved to be the most valuable and intense experience of my life up-to-date. When I first set foot in Singapore little did I know how much I had to learn about this country and how complicated and contradictory its everyday reality was. There is just so much the city has to offer: within a two-month period I went to the Botanic Gardens, went on numerous food tours, visited the breathtaking swimming pool at Marina Bay Sands, spent time at Sentosa Island and visited local markets! Working as a business development intern has granted me an unparalleled platform from where I can observe and discover the fast-changing dynamics and phenomena underpinning the Singapore society. A piece of advice: use your time abroad to travel!

Things to improve?
More outings organized with the interns in the same city!

Once in a lifetime experience!

As a biomedical engineering student, I was looking for an experience that was related to this for my resume, but also offered immersion into a different culture. For my 4 month program in Singapore I ended up in a company called Energaia. The engineers were all very enthusiastic and willing to work with us throughout the duration of our stay. I am definitely planning on returning to Singapore for their work opportunities as well as the awesome activities within the city. There was so much to do, but I might wait until Universal Studios opens Harry Potter land. For the living situation I had my own apartment which was nice and clean and located right beside a food court (try the chicken rice!) but I needed to take public transportation to get to and from work every day, luckily Singapore’s transportation facilities are world class – no one there seems to drive!