Internship in Japan with Asia Internship Program
Tall buildings Tall buildings

Internship in Japan with Asia Internship Program

Loved it!

As my university requires, I had to do an internship of 4 months minimum, and I already knew that my destination would have been Japan. So I went on the net and looked for an internship there, when suddenly Asia Internship Program caught my attention, because of the interesting packages they offer and the way they interacted with me, always available and keen to help.
I couldn’t be happier with my choice, they helped me find my internship in a Japanese company as Marketing Officer and assisted me during my whole experience. This helped a lot because even if I have always been in love with Japan, I was a little afraid of this long trip and of what was waiting for me over there.
Indeed, I had one memorable experience. Besides learning new things on the marketing field during my working days, I had the chance to meet lots of people from around the world (many of which I still am in touch), and also visiting the country and experiencing the Japanese culture on my very skin.
When my internship ended I was very sad to leave and go back to my ordinary life, but at the same time, I was very excited because this internship changed me, helped me open my eyes and understand our crazy world a little bit more.
For now, I will focus on my bachelor, but as soon as I finish I will absolutely come back for another wonderful internship!!

Adventure to Tokyo

I wanted to move to Japan for 6 months because my fiance was stationed there for work. I tried to find a job by myself but came up blank because I cannot speak any Japanese. I Googled 'Internship in Japan' and AIP popped up, so did other providers but AIP was the most affordable. I was fed up looking so I decided to go for it. I went for the placement package because my fiance had accommodation provided by her company so it just made sense, I ended up about an hour commute from my internship but that wasn't a big deal for me. I told AIP that the only country I was interested in doing my internship in was Japan but the internship itself could be either Business Development or Entrepreneurship. I ended up working in business development in an American company based in Toshima, my fiance was based in Minato which explains the commute. Tokyo itself is an amazing place but my favorite part of Japan was Kawaguchiko or maybe the maple corridor, such a beautiful place and not too touristic. I history of Hiroshima is defiantly worth the look but be mentally prepared for it. I am really grateful for the opportunity to live abroad with my fiance, I was worried I wasn't going to see her for eight months but instead it's only two :)

A memorable experience in Japan

I was always fascinated by Japanese culture. I think that is why I decided to do my Internship there. It was such a memorable experience for me and to immerse myself with the culture. Asia Internship Program did a really good job on my accommodation. I was only 30 mins away from the center of the city and I was also happy on my placement. I did made friends with other interns in the company. All of us were experiencing the same thing, so It was nice to have those people to travel with and to support you through the internship.

Graphic design internship in Japan

My experience with Asia Internship Programme has definitely been an adventure to say the least, having never lived abroad it was unlike anything I have previously experienced. Without this opportunity I would have find it very hard to get on my career path, I had graduated in 2015 but was unable to find work in my field and was just doing bar work. For two years I deemed my situation hopeless so I decided to do something about it and applied for AIP. I picked AIP over other internship providers as I could start whenever which suited me because I wanted to start in February.

I opted for a 3 month graphic design internship and was placed in the design and marketing department of a fashion company! It sounds cool but by your second month it jsut becomes normal but that doesn't stop people being impressed whent they hear about it first. I got to work on several promotional posters and such but I am most proud of the banner on the company website. It's nice to recieve the stamp of approval and see something you worked hard at out in the real world.

I wasn't back home for six weeks before I got a job interview, this to me really shows the value of having a resume that stands out. The fun you have during your experience is what you make of it, there are great free things in the City like the Imperial Palace and there is even a free paper folding class available but most things cost money. If you're thinking about applying, consider other countries than Japan as it is a very expensive country but nevertheless had a brilliant time.

Amazing internship in Japan

As a requirement for my University I have to partake in at least a 12 week internship, the idea of staying in Romania for this experience did not appeal to me. When I applied to AIP I was expecting to go to Tokyo but I ended up in Osaka, I don't mind as Osaka is cheaper to live in. I learned alot over the space of my internship where I worked in marketing. I enjoyed helping the company with social media marketing and learning about SEO.
The most exciting day in Japan was defiantly the trip to Universal Studios, I love the Harry Potter movies and I have never gotten the chance to go before. I was as excited as a child.
Food in Japan is crazy, I liked trying all the different curries and noodle soups but the candy was the most exciting things.
I really enjoyed my time in Osaka and I am glad to have had such an interesting experience compared to my classmates.

Amazing experience in Japan

Asia Internship Programme was able to find me an internship in Japan in the industry Marketing and they were able to find me an accommodation. I love my experience in Japan. I get to live life like a local.

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Since I was in my teens I’ve been interested in Japanese culture. I even travelled there in 2015 and I had made up my mind. I was going to move to Japan after I graduated. My choices were to either teaching English or to get an internship and seeing as I hate kids, the internship seemed the more attractive choice. After doing some research I stumbled upon the AIP page and applied on a whim and promptly forgot about it. I was pretty excited to see that I had an interview arranged. It’s funny that I thought so little of such a life changing moment.
Skip ahead to my internship, I was placed in an arts and fashion company in Tokyo. I was hoping to be placed in the capital city because that’s where I visited when I travelled to Japan. Here’s the best part, the company decided to keep me on after my internship was completed!
I will have to make more of an effort to learn the language. To AIP I would like to say: ありがとうございました

Tokyo internship

The idea of living abroad has always appealed to me, I was never satisfied in small town Arkansas. To me an internship offered an amazing experience to combine the excitement of experiencing a different culture while still having access to an international work environment. For me I needed to LIVE somewhere, being a passer-by wasn’t the experience I was after. What I liked about AIP is they made an effort to create a sense of community among all the interns living in the same city. With interns from all over the globe I made some great and interesting friends. Japan is a very cool and clean country but what made Tokyo such a great destination is the fact that you are so central, it was ideal for travelling this slice of the world - I especially loved visiting South Korea.
The only downside was that my internship was unpaid so I needed to save save save before flying out. In spite of that I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience, and would recommend to anyone that isn't entirely sure how to spend their holiday break. Get some solid international work experience and explore Asia!

Amazing Japan

I had romanticized the idea of living in Japan for a fair few years before I resolved to go there on a summer break form University. I think announcing to my mother that I was going to stay in Japan for a Journalism internship was the only time I’ve ever registered surprise in her face.

I applied through Asia Internship Porgram mostly because other internship providers in Japan required you to be there for a specific start and end date which didn’t really suit my plans.

Looking back I wish I bothered to learn a few words of Japanese just to make day to day life easier. I was there for six weeks before I learned hello or thank you which actually made me more work, not the wisest choice in the long run but I got by just fine.

Arriving I was super nervous, I stayed in a hostel for a few days while I looked for accommodation (I opted for the placement package) which was a good idea because I actually met some really cool people and even made friends with the receptionist – If you’re staying in Tokyo for a few days I recommend Hop Step Inn!

My first day I looked the part in my suit but I sloooowly became more and more casual in my attire. While I was there I created content for their blog and social media outlets and as one of three of the only native English speakers in the company I did a lot of proofreading and editing of the other staff’s work. I really enjoyed my time there I wasn’t expecting the responsibility of making my own promotional blog series.

My fellow internship colleagues were lovely too! I don’t have anything bad to say about them, they were helpful and welcoming. I always think I’m annoying people because I’m one to ask a million and one questions but they never seemed put out.

Japan is an amazing place, I’ve never tried such interesting food combinations in all my 19 years. I only wish I was more organized before going.

A must-do!

Traveling and interning in Japan has been a dream come true! In the future I wanted to work with or in an Asian country and AIP gave me the opportunity to achieve my goal! They found me the perfect internship where i was able to grow and improve my professional skills. They also did a wonderful job to create a community where all of their participants get a chance to come together to explore Tokyo and understand Japanese culture. Everyone here is super nice and extremely helpful and by the end of the trip you're going to feel like one big Connect family! AIP, thank you for this one-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

Great experience

I have applied for my internship in Japan with AIP. I was not used to spend a longer time in another country than holiday vacation, so I was really worried first but AIP organized everything for me and even got me contacts to other interns who are already in Tokyo doing their internship there.
Since I wanted to do my internship starting as fast as possible, they introduced me to AIPx which made the process a whole lot faster. Within 10 days I had my interview with a major marketing& advertising company. Everything worked well in my interview and the company accepted me. After 2 more weeks I could find myself already in a totally different world, I have been used to before: Japan!

Anybody who is thinking to do an internship abroad I can really encourage you to do so. You will get to know a whole different culture, working environment as well as international working experience for your future. You will also get new friends and can build up your network.