Care Work in Thailand with Projects Abroad

Care Work in Thailand with Projects Abroad

My Experience Volunteering in Thailand

In May 2017, I had the opportunity to teach at a Day Care Center in Krabi, Thailand through the Projects Abroad Organization. My time in Thailand was such an eye opening and humbling experience. I decided to embark on this journey because I needed a break from my work/studies and I can honestly say that I had the time of my life. Teaching the kids was incredibly rewarding. In the end, I realized that the kids taught me more than I could every teach them. They taught me things about myself that I was never in touch with. It is also incredible how many great people I met along the way that shared common values and interests.This trip challenged me in so many ways and pushed me many times beyond my comfort level.

The accommodation was comfortable and the food well, I couldn't complain... (as I can eat pad Thai and fried rice every day). One of the things that I liked the most about Projects abroad is that I always felt like I had their team's support 24/7. The Projects Abroad staff and other volunteers instantly made me feel welcomed and like family. I have no regrets in choosing this organization and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an enriching experience.

• Projects Abroad responded to this review August 18, 2017 at 1:09 PM

Dear Tania. Thank you for trusting us with your "break-from-school/work"-trip! Volunteering abroad is indeed the best break you can hope for, as you can get immersed in a local culture and truly be helpful with those who need it most, while you enjoy the beautiful scenery that Thailand has to offer. We are happy to hear this experience had such an effect in you and your life. We are sure that looking back, this will be a truly life-changing experience for you. Thanks for sharing!

Projects Abroad Thailand- Care Project

This summer I spent four weeks in Krabi Town, Thailand. I was part of the care program where I worked at a daycare. The kids were between 3-4 years old and were the highlight of my trip. With a Projects Abroad member waiting for me at the airport I was never unsure of what to expect during my stay. The staff is beyond welcoming and you truly feel like you are part of a family! I was brought to my host family and my 3 roommates who quickly became my second family. The family was amazing and welcomed us all with open arms. The food our family served was delicious! Perks of living with a host family is definitely getting to eat authentic Thai meals! Two of us in the house did not like seafood so they made sure to steer clear of that for us! My orientation the next day included a tour of the town (showing me where important places were such as the bus stop, atm, doctor, pharmacy, supply store, markets, etc) and an explanation of what was expected of me in the classroom. The next day a Projects Abroad member stayed with me in the classroom to help out. Instantly the kids came running over to greet me! Although we spoke different languages a strong bond was created between the kids and I. The teachers were absolutely incredible. They were so nice, helpful, and thankful for our help. At the school I taught crafts, english, morning exercise, and helped with lunch. Thai people are by far the nicest people and culture I have ever experience. I look forward to returning to Thailand to visit my students, teachers, and fellow Project Abroad members! I recommend Projects Abroad to everyone! I have made life long friends and memories that will always be with me!

The International Volunteer Programs Association