Sponsored TEFL Scholarship with Premier TEFL - Poland
Premier TEFL students Premier TEFL students

Sponsored TEFL Scholarship with Premier TEFL - Poland

Premier Tefl Angloville scholarship

I spent three weeks in Poland. I had one week in Krakow at an adult program and two weeks in Wroclaw at a teen program. I was apprehensive at first at the start of each program because I didn't know how the polish students would interact with me and the rest of the English speakers. I shouldn't have been worried because each program was amazing from the teens to the adults. We became almost like an extended family during the week long program. Of course, it can be tiring and you sometimes feel like there are no words left to say because you are having conversational lessons for a big part of the program. I still keep in contact with a lot of the polish and English participants. Overall you can't beat free accommodation and food along with a TEFL.

Changed my life

The whole programme was fantastic.
We had a great time working with the Polish participants. The online course was well structured and a very easy layout to follow.

Once we arrived in Wroclaw everything went smoothly and we really loved the experience. Normally I never post reviews, however I really feel that other people should try this programme. Both of us are now fully TEFL qualified and are heading out to Thailand with PremierTEFL on their internship in May. I can't wait for the next adventure.

Superb!

My first step into teaching was with this programme & exploration into my potential as a teacher of English. The course was very well laid out and easy to follow once I arrived in country the co-ordinators were brilliant & encouraging to Native Speakers & Polish Participants alike. It's an intense experience but one that I will definitely be looking to participate in again. Thank you for the opportunity to teach, touch, learn, share & give.

Anglo-TEFL scholarship experience in Poland

I decided to apply for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship almost spur of the moment. I applied on Friday and started working on the online course immediately because earning my TEFL certificate was already a goal. By Monday, I was accepted into the program and several weeks later I was in Poland. The online modules were helpful but the highlight of my experience were the conversations I had and the friends I made during the three Angloville programs. These English Immersion Villages are well-planned, yet provide a fun, relaxed atmosphere, very nice room and board, and a valuable and memorable experience for English language teachers. I've already signed up for two weeks next summer at different venues in Poland. Highly recommended.

Good intro to teaching English

In my view the online course was a little light, in that it did not cover the elements of the English language that a teacher must know well in order to teach: the rules and grammar. I believe it was not designed to give a rigorous treatment of these topics.

The on-line course, however, is very good preparation for teaching by conversation, as a native speaker; this style of teaching also has an important place, as many students have studied the grammar in school, but need more practical experience by simply engaging in conversation with a native or proficient speaker.

The two weeks of practical experience through Angloville were very helpful to me, and on the basis of what l learned there I have begun to take on private students. A key element of what Angloville offers to its students is the preparation of business presentations, and I intend to try to find students or companies interested in taking lessons from me in this area too.

• Course Instructor

Premier TEFL is more interested in on selling extras than they are in providing a quality service.

Working with Angloville (our sponsership providers who we did our practical component with) was fantastic. Working with Premier TEFL - not so much. The online course has some good resources and covered important aspects of teaching but has quite a few typos and other errors throughout it. There is also no opportunity to interact with others who are also studying the online course.

The main reason for my low score was the poor quality of customer service. We had to chase them up to get a free copy of our certificate (as per our scholarship agreement) and they only respnded to our enquiries when we got our sponsers (Angloville) on board by cc'ing them into the emails.

So that gave me the very strong impression that while they cared about their reputation with Angloville, Premier TEFL had a policy of delaying giving us our certificate in the hopes that we would just pay for it so they could get more money out of us.

Unforgettable experience

Honestly amazing and a life changing experience. The students you work with in this program are so kind and overall amazing, and its always hard to say goodbye. The coordinators in charge of each program are wonderful people to get to know. If you love traveling, volunteering and meeting wonderful people on the way, then this is the course for you. I recommend you giving it a try!

• Course Instructor

Good qualification for CV, but don't get deluded

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the TEFL online course, but felt less than stretched by the end-of-module tests. Maybe it is because I come from a generation when we had to take 'real' tests to get a pass mark, and we were not able to just reset and try again a few minutes later!

I've now done the whole course again twice, and would still not consider myself to be a 'teacher' - maybe classroom assistant level, but that would be about it. I am now set to do several more of the Angloville courses to get more experience before venturing out on my own.

That hands-on learning has taught me more than just the online tick-box course would have and has been the really enjoyable, and testing, part for me.

Superb experience

I did the TEFL scholarship with Premier TEFL and can honestly say it has changed my life completely. I spent 3 weeks teaching conversational English in Warsaw and Poznan, the hotels and food where first class. The teaching was tough and very enlightening but the whole experience was amazing. Would definitely recommend it to anybody wanting to teach and travel.