Accredited TEFL courses in the centre of Prague. Join us!
Oxford TEFL Header Image Oxford TEFL Header Image

Accredited TEFL courses in the centre of Prague. Join us!

Learn practical knowledge!

Several great things you will learn doing your Oxford TEFL Certificate Course: except the excursion into the language (grammar, phonology, lexicology), you’ll get an idea how to interact with real students and you’ll experience all the feelings that a real student has when starts an unknown language... But the greatest thing is learning practical knowledge, not just learn the theories, but practicing regularly in front of your students!
Lessons, and overall supervised teaching practice, gave me a more thorough awareness of what a teacher was supposed to be and to do. The feedback my tutors gave me proved to be the most useful part of the whole course. Sean and David’s support helped me develop my skills as an English teacher. Everyone in the staff was very supportive and friendly: Karin, Steve, Monika… I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to teach English. So if you want to jump right into your teaching, come and do it here, exploring the beautiful streets of Prague!

January 2017 - teacher training course

This course, run over four weeks, is extremely enjoyable, demanding and rewarding. While it does cost a lot of money, any teacher training course that you can take that is of this standard is going to cost this much. It's very much a hands on experience. Right from the first day you are immersed in the course. You teach and you learn. The tutors providing the training are top class. They are vastly experienced and display passion for what they are doing. They also know how to lighten the load by making input sessions fun and interactive. Support in all areas, such as lesson planning, use of technology, searching for careers, is abundant. I have found it to be a truly rewarding and challenging experience.

Studying at OxfordTEFL

I would highly recommend this program to anyone considering getting an English language teaching certification. The program is very well designed and the tutors are super helpful and approachable. Be prepared for a challenging but rewarding experience.

My experience with Oxford TEFL Prague

Attending the course in Oxford TEFL Prague was the best decision. The tutors were really supportive and their feedback was very helpful. Every time we needed help, they were there for us. I really enjoyed the input sessions which were interesting, especially phonology. Everything was well organized and I had a great time. I didn’t expect it to be so intensive, but it was definitely worth it. Time flies really fast, when you are really busy, so it felt that I’d done the course in the blink of an eye!

Interesting and life-changing

I highly recommend this course to everyone who is looking for a dynamic, creative and interesting job! At first I was afraid of this sudden career turn but when I came here all the doubts had disappeared. The wonderful, multicultural city, amazing atmosphere in class and in OH in general, supportive tutors (very creative too!) and the best course mates I could ever imagine. Thank You, Oxford House, for this unforgettable experience!

Great experience!

So glad I took the opportunity to come to Prague and take this course! It is both challenging and rewarding. Great support from tutors and peers. Would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to teach abroad!

Encouraging - quality and persistence

Thanks to the input sessions after every lesson, I realized strengths and talents I hadn't before. At the same time I felt a drive to achieve better outcomes in the classroom and received help planning and actualizing these goals throughout the course. Everyone, from staff to faculty, at Oxford House Prague helped in any way they could and at all times to make this the one stop spot for TESOLCert. yay! for them! Seriously, this must be one of the best places to get your TESOL cert... A+

Fantastic Experience

A great experience. The tutors really cared and gave very useful feedback on practical teaching. 100% recommended. It was a very thorough course with theoretical and practical concepts... It was not easy as the workload can be intense but this is relevant to all certified courses... you come out of it ready to teach, which is the main thing!

Eye Opener

I used to be very sceptical about teaching classes in general but this course persuaded me that great teachers can handle any size of the class.

I met some amazing teachers here who inspired me to work hard on my own professional development.

They didn't give me anything for free, I had to work smarter and harder to achieve the qualification, but they also gave me all possible support. I know that there are courses of varying quality in Prague but this one is a save bet. Btw. don't even think about online courses. No physical teaching practise equals a bad teacher.

• Course Instructor

Oxford TEFL Prague is the best!

After doing some extensive research I chose to study at Oxford TEFL Prague, learning that it’s the only accredited course in Prague that offers Trinity Certificate in TESOL. (Trinity TESOL qualifications are widely recognized by employers around the world.) When I made the decision to become a certified English teacher, I was excited but mostly nervous. Even though I’ve been using English a great portion of my life, being a non-native speaker a part of me felt that I wasn’t the most appropriate person to be instructing English. In addition, I had doubts that a four-week course could genuinely help someone become a “well-rounded” teacher. To my great relief, Oxford TEFL Prague, with it’s highly qualified trainers and cozy atmosphere, helped me release all my anxieties and ease into the process of becoming a language instructor. The course was very intense, but it prepared me well. I’ve gained insights into many different teaching tools and methodologies and I had plenty of opportunity for hands-on teaching practice with real students. I went into the course feeling insecure but came out a confident and self-sufficient certified English teacher. Within a few weeks of graduation I received several job offers, and currently I’m working at different language schools, teaching students of varying ages and levels, and I love it. Oxford TEFL Prague is the best! I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get a TESOL/TEFL certificate.

OxfordTEFL Prague

After researching everything I could about TEFL courses, I decided to go with OxfordTEFL. One of the primary reasons was that it is Trinity-certified, which meant that the certification will be recognized worldwide. I am really glad I made this decision because they provided me with the tools necessary to succeed in this industry. I learned a LOT to say the least. I always found getting up in front of a group of people nerve-wracking, but this experience has changed me. I can now be in front of a group of people and feel confident. The tutors were extremely helpful and easily approachable. We were also able to put ourselves in our students’ shoes by learning a completely different language. So…if you’re thinking about taking a TEFL course, don’t look any further than OxfordTEFL.

Oxford TEFL Prague

If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by the amount of TEFL courses available and don’t know which one to choose, just give yourself a break, read these reviews and go with Oxford TEFL. You most definitely won’t regret it. It’s not often that I give something a 10/10 score, but for Oxford I will happily make an exception 

I did my tefl course in Prague in January 2014 and it’s amazing how much I’ve learned there in only four weeks. There are lessons about all the different basic teaching skills. These input sessions were never boring thanks to the engaging (and effective!) exercises and the tutors’ great sense of humour. And of course there’s the teaching practice with different groups and different levels of English, which is truly invaluable.

Although it was a very intense course, the tutors made sure it was never too much. They give great input and feedback and are very approachable. If you need help, they are there for you.

Also, the service is great. I really liked the apartment rented out by the school. They can arrange an airport pick-up and if you have any questions before the course starts, you’ll always get a quick response to your email.

I really enjoyed my month at Oxford TEFL in Prague (which is an incredibly beautiful city by the way) and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to start teaching English.

Oxford TEFL Prague

My four weeks at Oxford TEFL were incredible, exhausting, exciting, fun... to name a few! The quality of the trainers was second to none and gave me the confidence and knowledge to pursue teaching as a career. I wouldn't change my experience for the world and I'd recommend Oxford TEFL to everyone!

The best place in Prague to get a TEFL certificate

I got my TEFL certificate in Oxford TEFL in Prague. The staff a super friendly, supportive and help you find jobs after the course! I love Prague too, there's great nightlife and its easy to meet people here. I'm still in Prague working as a teacher and I got a great bunch of friends really easily.

Solid TEFL course

The course is located in the heart of Prague! You couldn't find a more central location. Trainees are thrown into the fire and start teaching the second day. In my opinion, this is the best way to learn. A highlight of this program is the job assistance. During the third week, we had private resume workshops and the course director personally sent out our resume to over 50 schools in the area. Within hours, my inbox was full of responses and interview request.

OxfordTEFL... The best in Prague

After researching many different TEFL courses in Prague, I decided for the OxfordTEFL largely because of the Trinity College London CertTESOL certification. It is recognized worldwide and it definitely helped me find a job.

The course itself is very well organized and very intensive. It will keep you on your toes and push you to learn quickly and efficiently.
A part of the course is dedicated to putting you into the shoes of your students by teaching you a foreign language. This helped me a lot both from the analytical and emotional perspective.
The quality of the teachers was second to none and they amazingly showcase different approaches to excellent teaching. They provide amazing training and you will definitely learn a lot and get the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue teaching as a career.

If you're considering taking a TEFL course, I'd definitely recommend OxfordTEFL.

Oxford TEFL in Prague

Don’t even think of going to any other organization! Oxford TEFL is the best one out there. On top of the fact that the teachers, here in Prague, are fun, experienced, and extremely helpful, it is accredited by Trinity (I believe to be one of the highest accreditation agencies and is accepted everywhere).

The course is extensive, so get ready to do some work. By the second or third day you are teaching right away, which at first is nerve-racking but extremely helpful for you to get the most time in training as a teacher. There is a helpful library of student/teacher books, computers, and office supplies with a copier/printer which allows for a conducive environment for lesson planning. Also you cycle through different teacher trainers, which all have different styles of teaching. This is the best way to get a diverse view of what techniques you enjoy and create your own teaching style.

Everything you need to know about the course is on the website. Why choose anywhere else?