Working with Kids—Volunteer in Costa Rica!
MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

Working with Kids—Volunteer in Costa Rica!

Life changing experience

Couldn't have asked for a better or more gracious kids or teachers to work with! Staff was amazing and welcoming and the people in here are some of the kindest in the world. Definitely plan on coming back, hopefully more than once!

Volunteering Aboard

Maximo Nivel was an amazingly organized experience. I had nothing planned when I left for Costa Rica, and they took care of everything: housing, transportation and the placement of the volunteer project of your choice. There are so many travellers that go alone from all over the world that there will always be someone at Maximo to go on adventures with. I vounteered in Carpio, and it was a life changing experience. They place you in situtaions that really allow you to feel like you are making an impact on the community you are involved in. I had an great experience, and I would recommend this program to anyone.

Childcare

It was a great experience. I learned a lot of spanish and about the costa rican culture. I helped kids in a daycare and received a humbling experience that I will always remember. I taught the kids about exercise and different sports as well as english and mathematics. I was placed in a well funded daycare that was run by nuns, so I got to experience the religious structure as well. Everyone at Maximo is very knowledgeable and helpful with anything that the volunteers need, and this is the most valuable perk of the program. They tell you what to expect, where to go for whatever you need, and tips on things to look out for to stay safe or blend into the culture more.

Excellent

Almost every aspect of my 3 month stay was beyond expectations. The staff were welcoming and supportive. The project, while rough improved with the help of other volunteers. Overall an extremely memorable and worth while experience.