Chicago, Illinois TEFL/TESOL Certification Courses to Teach English Worldwide
International TEFL Academy students International TEFL Academy students

Chicago, Illinois TEFL/TESOL Certification Courses to Teach English Worldwide

• Course Instructor

International TEFL Academy (Chicago, IL)

Going through the ITA to get certified to teach abroad was a wonderful experience. Ever since my first phone call with a pre-admissions adviser, I felt like they cared about making sure this was what I wanted to do and not just wasting money. The coursework was all relative to ESL teaching and I learned a lot about what goes into making a successful ESL classroom. I wouldn't change anything about my experience and would do it all over again. I'm excited to now be equipped to go abroad and start teaching ESL students in Mexico.

• International TEFL Academy responded to this review December 05, 2017 at 3:26 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Glad to hear that you had a great experience with us start to finish. Enjoy your time in Mexico! Feel free to get in touch with us if you ever need any job search guidance help!

Chicago, November 2016

Overall, I had an amazing experience at TEFL Chicago. I met some wonderful people who I know I'll be friends with for the rest of my life because we bonded so closely and shared some incredible moments together that I hold dear to my heart. The TEFL course was a huge step for me... it was the beginning of a new life. A new adventure. A new chapter. The enrollment process got me super excited. Felicia was extremely helpful, honest, passionate, and most importantly she was not pushy. The course itself was highly demanding and stressful but that's what your classmates (and roomies if you're lucky like I was) are there for. Lean on each other when you need it and don't give up... no matter how tough it gets - power through it. It's only 4 weeks! The course instructors only get an 8 out of 10 because I was a bit frustrated with one of them, as was the rest of the class. But in the end I would 110% recommend this course to anyone and everyone. It led to me to Paris, France. It landed me a full time teaching job. It provided me with a stepping stone to travel the world. And to me, this is a dream come true.

Great experience!

I chose ITA because of the convenient location for me in Chicago and the good reviews I read online, and I'm really glad I chose them to get TEFL-certified. I loved the in-person class because of the bond my classmates and I formed, and I think it was really convenient to have the practicum available on-site. I'm very happy that I will have job search guidance for life through ITA, and may eventually move to another country to teach. It's a place with lots of positive energy and I really enjoyed my time with everyone involved.