Winter One '18: London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, Amsterdam
International Business Seminars Header Image International Business Seminars Header Image

Winter One '18: London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, Amsterdam

Experience of a lifetime

This past winter break I attended the Europe One seminar which was definitely one of the highlights of my college experience. During the two-week seminar I embraced the opportunity of a lifetime to network, learn, and explore 5 beautiful cities with other students and mentors from all over the country. During the trip I traveled to London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, and Amsterdam which are all places I would love to go back to in the future. Overall, this journey made me realize how passionate I truly am about international business which is part of the reason I will be pursuing a career globally when I graduate. I learned numerous things from my experience abroad that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I learned how to navigate through foreign public transportation systems with nothing but a map. I learned how to communicate with local people that did not speak my language. I learned a lot about different cultures and that things that seem normal to me are often unusual for others. I gained insight on global businesses and learned in depth what it takes to work internationally. This experience was extremely worthwhile and I hope to participate in another abroad trip with IBS in the future.

Life Changing!

Before this trip, I never studied abroad before and when someone came talk to us in class about an opportunity to study abroad, earn college credit, and do it in a matter of a little bit over two weeks, I got extremely excited. This trip overall was an experience of a lifetime that I will cherish forever. I went on the Winter One trip in 2017-2018 winter break. I went to London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, and Amsterdam. I spent about 16 days in all of these places combined. In a normal study abroad program, it's an entire semester in one place but this program allows you to study in 5 different countries in such a short period and earn that credit for college. I learned a lot on this trip about how businesses operate and how the people in each of these cities live and work.