Orosi Valley Paradise Experience
Globe Aware Header Image Globe Aware Header Image

Orosi Valley Paradise Experience

Costa Rica is life!!

This has been a great experience. I loved Costa Rica and the program. Will definitely be back maybe for another program. Federico was a great host and the house we stayed in felt like a resort. I had a great time and enjoyed the scenery, projects and the local people we met and came to know. Happy to have been able to have this opportunity with such amazing people.

Pura Vida forever

For my first service abroad trip, I could not have asked for a better experience. I was blessed with a wonderful group, a wonderful guide, and a wonderful community to work with. My favorite experience was getting to know the people of the La Flor community. They were the most genuine, giving & thoughtful people. Without speaking Spanish well, I could still communicate with smiles and gestures, as they did too, and I could feel how sweet they all were. Doing service projects for their community made me feel like I was leaving some of myself with them. Personally I grew on this trip. I learned a lot about myself and others. I built relationships. But most of all I was inspired. Coming back to the U.S. was an adjustment, I could have stayed in Costa Rica and volunteered forever. I miss it tremendously. But I'm glad I have the memories I do.

Full immersion for greater good

I traveled alone for a week in Costa Rica. Of course I was trepidatious about the trip. Happily it was a wonderful experience. I was not able to speak the language but felt comfortable communicating with the help of the coordinator. Everyone was welcoming, non judgmental and happy to feed me and show me their world. You realize that their smaller accommodations are actually freeing not limiting. They enjoy nature and their families with no concerns about updating their homes or redecorating ( such first world problems). I had ample time to relax on the beautiful grounds. Additionally day trips to experience activities of my choosing rounded out a fully enjoyable trip.

Pura Vida!

The food and accommodations were wonderful, the work was gratifying and our guide and host family were so warm and welcoming. Being immersed in the local community/culture was an invaluable experience that we will never forget. We worked hard but there was plenty of time to see the sights too. Everything was well organized and stress-free. We got so much more than we gave. Highly recommend this trip!

From their homes into our hearts

We fell in love with the people, the food, the culture and the climate! One of the things our family loved most was getting to eat most of our meals in the locals' homes, which made the food, and the experience, very authentic. You don't really understand a person until you've washed their dishes, in their sink, using their everyday method and resources. We came home with greater appreciation for our electric dishwasher, black beans at our table more often and hearts filled with love for the people of Orosi Valley!

The International Volunteer Programs Association