Study Abroad in Shanghai - Shanghai University
Asia Exchange Header Image Asia Exchange Header Image

Study Abroad in Shanghai - Shanghai University

Shanghai university / Asia Exchange programme in Shanghai! Take the jump.

My semestre at Shanghai University was an amazing experience which I would strongly recommend to anyone thinking about spending some time in China and build a network there. The content of the courses was great as you can pick some of the courses yourself, and all of them were aligned on my interest to learn more about Chinese business & entreprise. The Chinese classes were a lot of fun too!
Overall, because of the occasional complexity of setting up such an adventure by yourself (communications with the university, paperwork, accommodation...) I cannot emphasise enough on the HUGE help that Asia Exchange services brought me to ensure my arrival and stay went as good as possible. It is very reassuring you know you can always reach out for questions or help if necessary, specially when in a country with such a different culture and strong language barrier. If you are still hesitating, just take the jump! I will never forget this experience which was an eye opener to me on many levels, and is such an added value to my professional profile (and personal too!).
Thank you again!

Experienced another perspective to everyday life

The course program in Guangzhou is well conceived of in principle, but there should be greater coordination between teachers concerning the content of the language courses in order to avoid overlaps. Overall the international office worked very hard to ensure that we are safe and have a good time. Some things are bound to be different from what you're used to. The whole purpose of studying abroad is to experience another perspective to everyday life, which also means experiencing things that go against your assumptions and expectations. Instead of struggling against the differences, try to understand why they exist.

Interesting three months in Shanghai

I am thankful for the opportunity to study and spend an interesting three months in Shanghai. I appreciated the easy application process that made it possible to go abroad to study in a short time. Thanks for the very interesting lectures at the university. I was very satisfied with the speakers. They have discussed always very interesting topics with us. It would have been nice to make some small evening party with all new students after orientation day in Shanghai. To meet unofficially all new people, to make new contacts.