Hospital and Clinic Medical Volunteering, Kenya
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Hospital and Clinic Medical Volunteering, Kenya

Amazing experience!

This experience made me an overall better person and I would recommend it to anyone! It was humbling and amazing! You fall in love with the people of Kenya and you find a better version of yourself that you never knew existed.

African impact

I really enjoyed my time in Kenya. The volunteer house was very nice and clean and the staff were very helpful. I had a variety of opportunities to learn and my experiences will help me become a better doctor.

Limuru

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed working with African Impact. The sites that we volunteered at were extremely welcoming. We even learned more about medicine than we knew before. The medical staff were extremely professional. They taught us more than any textbook could have. I made lifelong friends and I am extremely thankful for my time here.

My African Impact experience

I had never flown before, nevertheless by myself, so this was exciting and new and scary. But from the moment our driver picked me up, I was amazed at everything. Our project manager and driver were like parents, we bonded quickly and the took care of us very well and helped organize our cultural and weekend activities. My group clicked immediately as well, we became fast friends. The employees at our accommodations were friendly, as was anyone you encountered. Overall, I have to come back and will be recommending this to anyone and everyone I meet.

4 weeks in Limuru, Kenya

Great experience and fantastic way to travel Kenya! I can't fault the staff or the amount of amazing opportunities available to volunteers. I would advise volunteers to check dates when booking as unfortunately schools were on holiday during my placement but I did manage to gain orphanage experience alongside the medical program. Such a welcoming country!!

Limuru medical

I really enjoyed my time with the heath facilities here in Limuru. It has been a priceless experience to my medical education. Each and every person I encountered were so eager to help me learn more.

Kenya medical trip

Overall, I loved my experience. I liked how the volunteering was a wide variety and I loved the cultural experiences. I just wish I would've known I was the only volunteer and I'd be alone most of the day. It was very lonely at night and being alone made my weekend excursions a lot more expensive. But I loved the school and the hospital and they were all enthusiastic about helping me learn.

Limuri medical

Project manager and other project workers very helpful and kind, however as there was a nursing strike when I was on project there was not always a lot to do but I didn't always feel busy/needed in the hospital possibly more suited to students who want to gain volunteer experience. Good over all experience

• African Impact responded to this review September 28, 2017 at 8:09 AM

Hi Sinead

It’s unfortunate that the nurses were striking during your placement and can entirely sympathise that this would have been very frustrating. Whilst this is ultimately out of our control, we apologise that you felt that you weren’t as productive as you could have otherwise been. Ordinarily, this project is suitable for both students as well as experienced professionals and we are encouraged that overall, you had a good experience.

Thank you for your hard work Sinead and we hope to see you again soon,

The African Impact Team