Hospital and Clinic Medical Volunteering, Kenya
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Hospital and Clinic Medical Volunteering, Kenya

3 weeks medical placement

I had a great experience as a volunteer in the medical project in Limuru. It was my first time volunteering abroad, and everyone I met from African Impact was extremely friendly and resourceful. They made sure I was well taken cared of during my 3-week stay. I am a working medical laboratory technologist from Canada and my goal of the trip is to volunteer in such capacity. I am very impressed and pleased with the staff being able to accommodate my request and I ended up helping out in the laboratory department in the hospital. I learned a lot from everyone on Kenyan culture, history, and healthcare. It is definitely an experience that I will not forget!

Amazing first overseas volunteer experience

I choose Limuru medical project and it was a great humbling experience learning more about the medical system in Kenya. The dedication and compassion of the medical personnel was inspirational. I learned more about their culture, history, bureaucracy, needs, and about resiliency and strength. I can not wait for my next excursion with African Impact.

AI medical

This was a great experience. The hospital staff was inviting and willing to share their information with volunteers. You can go to all areas in the hospital and learn from everyone. I recommend this to anyone that wants to learn about health care in a different country.

Teaching and orphanage support, Limuru

This project was amazing if you are looking to spend time playing with and supporting local children with their learning and language development! I have met some truly incredible and inspiring people that have taught me a lot about my outlook on life, and to never take anything for granted. It has really been the experience of a lifetime.

Medical volunteer

Overall I had a great experience with African impact. I was able to interact with people who make so much out of what little they have, without complaints. Besides just medical volunteering, I also got to spend time at the school and an orphanage, which was a great experience. My only complaint would be that at the hospital it was hard to feel as though I was making an impact, I mostly just observed. I told the staff over and over that I have been a nurse for 4 years in the Neonatal ICU, but still there didn’t seem to be much for me to actually do to help them. I got to see 4 c sections and a vaginal birth so that was really interesting!

Great experience, great country

I was very happy during my stay in Limuru. The Guest house is excellent and very well organized. Nila, Fred, George and all the staff made my days very good. Being with the kids in the orphanage was a rich and lovely experience. The only problem was that due political problems in the country, the schools closed earlier and I couldn't work there. I would also suggest that the working time was extended from 8 am to 17 pm.

Kenya project review

I overall really enjoyed by stay in Kenya and enjoyed spending time with the other volunteers as well as those in charge of the project sites. I learned a lot not only about Kenya and its culture, but also about myself and the things I want to gain out of life.

Overall a great experience

I really enjoyed my trip and would recommend it to anyone. There were some administrative and organizational things that could be improved upon, but they were pretty inconsequential and I would still do this again in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.

Medical volunteering fall 2017

I came as a volunteer placement based on the fact that i'm starting medical school and have been working in the home nursing care in Norway. I was working in Limuru nursing home for the most part and also got to join the school and orphanage project during my 8 weeks in Kenya.

4 weeks in Limuru, Kenya

Great experience and fantastic way to travel Kenya! I can't fault the staff or the amount of amazing opportunities available to volunteers. I would advise volunteers to check dates when booking as unfortunately schools were on holiday during my placement but I did manage to gain orphanage experience alongside the medical program. Such a welcoming country!!

Amazing experience!

This experience made me an overall better person and I would recommend it to anyone! It was humbling and amazing! You fall in love with the people of Kenya and you find a better version of yourself that you never knew existed.

My African Impact experience

I had never flown before, nevertheless by myself, so this was exciting and new and scary. But from the moment our driver picked me up, I was amazed at everything. Our project manager and driver were like parents, we bonded quickly and the took care of us very well and helped organize our cultural and weekend activities. My group clicked immediately as well, we became fast friends. The employees at our accommodations were friendly, as was anyone you encountered. Overall, I have to come back and will be recommending this to anyone and everyone I meet.

African impact

I really enjoyed my time in Kenya. The volunteer house was very nice and clean and the staff were very helpful. I had a variety of opportunities to learn and my experiences will help me become a better doctor.

Limuru medical

I really enjoyed my time with the heath facilities here in Limuru. It has been a priceless experience to my medical education. Each and every person I encountered were so eager to help me learn more.

Kenya medical trip

Overall, I loved my experience. I liked how the volunteering was a wide variety and I loved the cultural experiences. I just wish I would've known I was the only volunteer and I'd be alone most of the day. It was very lonely at night and being alone made my weekend excursions a lot more expensive. But I loved the school and the hospital and they were all enthusiastic about helping me learn.