Early Childhood Development, Cape Town
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Early Childhood Development, Cape Town

Michaela McGrath- Feedback 2018

Two weeks with the beautiful African Impact family was too short. The staff and volunteers run each specific program according to their various needs, with the upmost diligence and organisation. All of the staff make each volunteer feel so welcomed and open to share their ideas to expand the programs

Best experience of my life. an unforgettable trip. made my heart grow even bigger

I have had the most amazing experience volunteering out here, hand on my heart recommend it to anyone and wish it was compulsory to do during or after studying, i believe it really does build you as a person and opens your eyes up to what life is about. Every day out here i have made the most of and not one single day i will forget. I have built amazing relationships and Cape Town is now my favorite place i have visited, it is such a beautiful town in every angle. I can't wait to book my next trip with African Impact!

My first 10 day trip to Cape Town

Volunteering for African Impact was my first time traveling abroad while also volunteering. It was an amazing, one in a lifetime experience. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering volunteering or traveling that wants to make an positive impact in the world.

African Impact

Had the best experience with a great bunch of people. the staff make you feel welcomed and safe in the area you are staying. The time you spend with the children each day will all be worth, learning how to interact with them and teach them new things.

The best decision of my life

Don't think about it, just book it. Believe me the people you will cross paths with will change your world for ever. Open your eyes to the beauty of Africa <3
Volunteering with African Impact was the best decision I made. They are one huge very welcoming family, from the amazing Shaki and Jane to the wonderful guys and girls that took us and picked us up from project every single day. Every morning they'd great me with the biggest smile. AFRICAN IMPACT ROCKS! spreading the love to all those that cross their path.
Book your tickets and get yourself out there and spread some love with them <3 <3 <3

Two weeks two short

Every day of my two weeks here I have returned back to the volunteer house with a smile on my face. The best part about this experience has to no doubt be the children. They are cute, so funny, smart and so full of life.
The project gives you the opportunity to plan what you would like to teach and do with the children, which I think is really nice as you feel very involved and also get to see them enjoy the story you chose, or complete the craft you created for them.
I never really thought about visiting cape town before, it was just given to me as an option between two. However, I am so glad that that was the decision I made because what a beautiful place it is. The scenery, the people, the culture. The people here make something so simple so beautiful, and try to turn a bad situation into good. It is truly inspiring and heart warming, also to feel so welcome in their beautiful country. I would highly recommend Cape town as a place to come and volunteer. The Lion house where volunteers stay is also very welcoming. It is homely, clean, and everyone is friendly. Especially Sheky and Jane who are like the house mum and dad. I was probably such a pain for Sheky as I'm such a fussy eater but he always tried his hardest to make something for me. Also if you have any questions or need any help a member of staff is always there and willing to help. It has been an amazing experience. I feel like I have made a small impact in my short time here, gained some experience and confidence and I hope to do it again in the near future.

Lion house

I had a great time overall. I would suggest clearer structured activities to have alignment between all the volunteers when helping with the communities and get feedback on what works better or not to improve the work we do in the communities.

Volunteering with African Impact

Volunteering with African Impact was such an amazing experience for me and was able to get a lot out of the program. The kids are so appreciative and it's good to know we are able to help them and make an impact. As side from the volunteering, there is an endless amount of things to do and places to eat. It's truly life changing--I don't ever want to go home! I was only here for two weeks and definitely recommend to stay longer if possible, but anything is better than nothing!

Amazing four week orphan care program

Very welcoming and organized program. The integration process is very well thought out. After the first week i was able to fully launch myself into my project and give my ideas and plan for each week.

Teaching in South Africa

Overall it is a great experience to get involved with and explore how life is for young children growing up and going to schools in South Africa. It is really interesting to meet and live for a short time in a different piece of the world.

Best time of my life

My 4 weeks with African Impact have been nothing short of life changing and I have had the most amazing experiences that will stay with me forever. It was beyond what I could have ever hoped for!!

Teaching project

Although I have only been here less than a week, I have already met some incredible people and had some amazing experiences. I am gutted that I am not staying longer as there is so much on offer in Cape Town.

Amazing weeks

These three weeks of project where amazing! Not did I only learn more about the African culture, made an impact on their lives, but also on my own life. I learned more about myself and developed myself during the project.

Best experience after high school

It has been the best decision ever to go and volunteer with African Impact. It is such a great organization with so many amazing projects! Doing the project for me was so rewarding and it has taught me so much! Not only the volunteering part is amazing, but also the chance to live in one of the most beautiful places in the world has been such an unforgettable experience which I would never wanted to miss.

Clare Myers review

Volunteering with African Impact is an experience (as cheesy as it sounds) that will truly impact your life. Most people who choose to volunteer do so because they are at a T-intersection in their lives, and need to do and go somewhere completely different to gain space and time. African Impact facilitates an environment where you gain a new appreciation and perspective on your life, whilst impacting and helping communities you wouldn't have access to as a tourist or traveler. The work you do, and equally as important the people you work with, make the experience more like an adventure. You can donate money or share a facebook video from your couch, that's easy, but physically seeing a child smile because of a little thing you did, and knowing you've made them feel special, that's an emotion that will never leave you. To those looking for something different instead of travelling or backpacking, I would highly recommend African Impact.

Amazing 4 weeks

Having spent the past 4 weeks volunteering with African Impact I can honestly say it's been the most rewarding and eye-opening experience I have ever had the chance to be a part of! Anyone thinking about whether or not to do a trip like this shouldn't hesitate, get yourself booked!

Best thing I've done so far

This volunteering experience has been absolutely amazing. I can't put into words how these 11 weeks have been. They've seriously flown by. If your ever doubting about coming here like me, and you have the opportunity to do it, then do it because it's all worth it and you will seriously not regret it.

South Africa

My two weeks volunteering on the teaching and GAPA programs in Cape Town have gone too fast. There are no words that can truly describe the types of people. kids, volunteers, activities, experiences and emotions that I have had on this trip. I feel grateful that I have had an opportunity to be welcomed into a community so different to my own and be able to help teach as well as learn new things everyday. Hopefully this will not be my last trip with African Impact. Thank You.

South Africa

During my experience with African Impact I was apart of the GAPA and teaching program. Both programs gave me the opportunity to experience a new culture and help inspire young children. I can honestly say this has been an amazing experience and I have learnt so much.

Collectively making a difference

My first time volunteering has given me a new perspective on my daily life, a great insight into the cultures and traditions of South Africa and also a good understanding of the problems and inequalities that are to be found in Cape Town. I feel like during the two weeks I have contributed to a great program that helps the kids in the long run.

African Impact- Cape town

I have enjoyed my stay in Cape Town with African Impact immensely. My experience has been absolutely amazing, from the actual volunteer work, to the staff, to the housing, to the weekend activities, to the other volunteers, it has all been great! I would recommend this volunteering program to anyone who wants to learn about a new culture in a fun and exciting way, while participating in meaningful and sustainable volunteering!

Two unforgettable weeks in Cape Town!

From the moment of booking the staff at African Impact were in contact welcoming you to the project and advising in detail what applications and processes were required before arriving in Cape Town..so don't panic help is at hand!
On arrival to the airport a member of staff is there to greet you and welcome you to the beautiful country of south Africa :)
I volunteered on the teaching project which took place in 2 pre-schools in a local community called Khayelitsha. From the moment you enter the classroom to the moment you leave the children are so excited and happy you're there to teach and have fun with them. From story time, crafts to outside games there is never a dull moment...believe me!
After school we head to GAPA the Grandmothers Against Poverty and Aids project for local kids to come along and take part in fun activities with us keeping them off the streets and out of danger. This is such a wonderful project and the grandmothers are amazing, I salute them for their hard work and passion for educating their neighbours and looking after the local children.
It's not all hard work though, on the weekends you get to explore the fantastic city of Cape Town and the staff are at hand to help you plan everything. I would highly recommend a hike up Lions Head for the most amazing views of the city and if you're adventurous like myself a skydive is a must!
The "Lion House" AKA your home for the duration of your time on project, because that's exactly what it feels like...home. Shakey and Jane take care of you very well and keep you well fed and living in a nice clean home. All the African Impact staff and other volunteers make you feel like part of the furniture before you leave, I've never met such friendly welcoming people before so don't be nervous!
If you are looking to make new friends from all over the world and be a part of an amazing organisation giving something back to the local community then look no further!

Cape Town volunteer

I have spent the past 2 weeks in Cape Town on the teaching and development project. It has truly been a very impactful couple of weeks, and I would recommend this experience to anyone. We worked very hands on with the children and teachers, and I can say I have learned so much from both of them. I am so thankful for this opportunity!

An amazing experience

It has been an amazing experience to work as a volunteer for African Impact in Cape Town and explore this fantastic city. Everything is well organised by African Impact. Every project has their own structured programme, which the volunteers are creating by themselves, so they will be well prepared for these projects. Also we could bring our own ideas!
In the weekends you have time enough to explore Cape Town; which is amazing.
I am very happy to have made this memory!

Life-changing 3 weeks with AI

I didn't have any expectations of what my stay in Cape Town and my volunteering experience prior to my arrival in South Africa would be like; I had never step foot on the African continent, let alone volunteered for an organization. In a sense, when one has no genuine preconceptions of a future journey, it is harder to top the figurative benchmark or bar because its whereabouts is unknown. While lacking any preconceived notions makes an experience much more unprecedented and uncharted, African Impact fostered an amazing sense of purpose and direction in my volunteering, which made this transition into the volunteering world much more easier and fluid for me (and I am sure every other volunteer with no prior experience would say the same). From car rides into Khayelitsha with the group, to weekend excursions through Cape Town and Stellenbosch, my experience with this inspiring organization was out of this world. Within weeks I felt a bond with people that usually takes months, even years, to build. African Impact's ability to make volunteers feel welcomed is only matched by their multifaceted and awe-inspiring day-in and day-out projects. I decided to take a Gap Year before starting University, and joining organizations like these, making connections like these, and feeling that I have made a small difference in the world is the exact reason why I made my decision. I could not be more confident in or proud of this life choice. Thank you AI!