Early Childhood Development, Cape Town
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Early Childhood Development, Cape Town

Teaching in Cape Town

Teaching in Cape Town has been an experience I will never forget! I was a little nervous to come across the world by myself and get thrown into an unfamiliar environment, but the African Impact staff made me feel welcome and comfortable right away. All of the children on the various projects are so joyful and have positive attitudes that are contagious. I look forward to taking what I've seen and learned here back home with me.

Volunteering

When I arrived six weeks ago I wanted to make an impact on other peoples life, but in the end they made a bigger impact on mine. Volunteering with African Impact was one of the most amazing things i have ever done. I can't wait to come back and stay even longer!

African Impact Project

This whole experience with African Impact has been incredible. The projects were amazing and you can really see that African Impact is making a big difference for a lot of people, so being a part of it was amazing.

ECD project

The ECD project was something that not only opened my eyes to the real south Africa, but highlighted how easy it is to make an impact yet how much your efforts do for the community. It changed my outlook on volunteering and how we perceive places like South Africa. I recommend the project so much. You're friends in the house are amazing and the memories you get won't leave you. There isn't a bad word I could say about my experience.

10 days volunteering in Cape Town

I would say that it's a beautiful experience, it's a such a nice feeling to see how everyone is so engaged and wants to give them best. But also, it's a painful reality, you expect something but it's even harder. But, it's a good thing to do anyways.

My experience as a volunteer

These past three weeks I had the chance to be in Cape Town to volunteer in different organisation. We were either in schools, emergency foster care or after school houses. All of these were amazing. The interaction that we had with the kids and finally understanding exactly what they are going through is great. I would do anything to come back and see the children again. Also, doing that kind of project gives you the opportunity to meet great people from all around the world. I'll see you soon Cape Town!

Amazing experience

My time in Cape Town was truly made amazing by the team here at African Impact. My short time spent here stilll insured that i experienced something that i will remember for the rest of my life. Through the work with the kids, life in the house and the amazing food that is given to us. Thankyou so much for an amazing time and i hope to return in the future!!!

My time in Cape Town

I had an extremely eye opening and memorable experience with African Impact which exceeded all my expectations. Despite travelling with a group of close friends I was able to meet so many new people to share these incredible experiences with. The incredibly loving and welcoming nature of the kids I worked with on project has had an immense impact on myself and they have taught me more about life than I would ever be able to teach them.

My time in Capetown

African Impact have provided me with an incredible experience for which I will forever be indebted to them. I had the opportunity to interact and work with some of the most incredible kids I have ever met, and most likely will ever meet! I will always cherish my time on project at both Kuyasa and GAPA. I hope to have had half of the impact on the children I worked with as they had on me. I'll always remember the staff and other volunteers who made this trip so special. Cape town is a beautiful place and I will return in the future.

My time In Capetown

The two weeks I have spent in Capetown with African Impact have undoubtedly been the two best weeks of my life. The immediate immersion into the project, as well as the house itself was an accurate foreshadowing of the weeks to come. It was an eye opening, unforgettable experience and I only wish I had more time.

My time in Cape Town 2018

African Impact has given me an incredible opportunity to make a true impact on global issues and has enabled me to become fully immersed in other cultures and communities. Not only have I experienced some of the most eye-opening duties, specifically in the teaching area, but I have also been made to feel incredibly welcome by the warm group of staff in the house. It has definitely been one of the most memorable experiences that I've had in my life thus far and has certainly inspired me to return to this volunteering lifestyle.

Amazing experience

I am incredibly honoured to have been a part of the teaching project with African impact. The work they do is so inspiring so despite my short time here it has been life changing, so I'm very grateful.

Best trip of my life

Overall my time here as been unbelievable and I have achieved everything I wanted to when coming here. Everything is very well structured but you also have the freedom to do what you please in the evenings and weekends. All the coordinators are very friendly and helpful and you are never confused on what you have to do. The projects themselves are really enjoyable and you get great satisfaction through helping the children. I have enjoyed everything I have done here and met great people who are very welcoming and at the end everyone in the house feels like on big family.

African Impact 2018

My time in Cape Town was better than i ever could have imagined. I felt welcomed from the beginning and i would recommend anyone to come and volunteer for African Impact. Volunteering in Kuyasa and GAPA were the main highlights of my experience and seeing the kids so happy made my experience worthwhile. I know for definite that i want to come back to cape town in the future and volunteer with African Impact again as i feel it is the best thing I've ever done. I know I will remember this experience for the rest of my life.

10 day stay

This trip was the most amazing experience. It has taught me things about myself and i have made many new friends. I settled in quickly and it rapidly felt like home. The people on project were incredibly touching and some of the best people i have ever met. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and hope to be back soon to stay for longer as ten days is not enough. I would extremely recommend this trip.

My overall experience

this trip was a wonderful experience and I'm very grateful to have gotten the opportunity to experience it, just wish i had stayed for longer than 10 days as time really flies and it was the best time of my life.

An amazing experience

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the young children in the Orphan and Vulnerable Childcare Programme, a very humbling and rewarding experience. Cape Town has fantastic sights to see and activities to do. Ten days is not long enough. The night activities are more geared to over 18s though.

The best ten days away i've had

the ten days i spent with the African Impact family were so amazing.Everyone is so friendly and its so easy to make new friends.By the end we all feel like a huge family and i am absolutely gutted that i have to leave :(

June review

The opportunities I have received while volunteering through African Impact have been life changing. African Impact focuses on creating a sense of community within the volunteer house and the local communities in the surrounding areas. Their number one goal is for you to form great experiences while inspiring others and inspiring yourself. Over these past few weeks, I was lucky enough to make an impact on the community and being impacted for the remainder of my life. African Impact is the best volunteering program you will find. If you are looking for a life changing experience, you are lucky to have found African Impact.

A wonderful stay with African Impact

Choosing to come to African Impact in Cape Town is the best decision that I made on my gap year. I am so glad that I was able to experience working so closely with lovely kids in the most amazing city in the world - Cape Town. I absolutely loved all of the staff, the people I met on project, the kids, and the residents of Capetown. I enjoyed my time here so much that I extended my trip twice and only am leaving because my visa ran out. I would highly recommend AI to anyone interested in volunteering abroad! I would only warn you that you may not want to go back home after your stay here!!

Teaching communities how to fish

I don't posses the words to adequately describe my experience in South Africa with African Impact. Every aspect of the organization has thoroughly impressed me and I'm so happy I decided to volunteer with the organization. African Impact is doing just that having a sustainable and responsible impact in the community.

This isn't a place for you to get selfies with underprivileged youth to show off to your friends and act like you are making a difference. If you are coming here for photo opportunities, I would strongly suggest you choose to do something else with your time. What you will find here is that you have an opportunity to be a link in the chain of positive change. You will pick up where one volunteer left off and when you leave someone will replace you and continue to process. You are actually going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things, in addition you yourself will end up changing for the better. There are no hand outs given by African Impact, they are giving hand ups. The organization is about sustainable, respectable, and long lasting change. If you come here you will be a part of that real change.

Experience

For my coming to Capetown was a really good experience.
The teaching project is a really amazing project.
You learned a lot about the school here and the lessons.
You get the change to teach the childeren too. With planning you can tell your ideas and you can help the teacher to give te lessons to.

Lifetime experience

I had a really good stay in Cape Town. This was a great lifetime experience with everybody I've met this short week. The kids made me so happy every time we were at project. I will be come back as soon as I can.

Can't wait to go back!

My 3 weeks as a volunteer have been amazing. I've met so many new people at the house and at the projects and everyone has been so nice. I enjoyed the teaching project with all the kids, we've done so many different things. Trying to teach them something but also just playing with all the kids was so much fun. To do this together with all the other volunteers was amazing and we enjoyed the weekends as well. Everyone also has been a real inspiration to me. I've had the best experience and can't wait to go back one day.

Life changing

Being involved with African Impact gave me the opportunity to go into the communities and work with schools and other partners every weekday, which I would not have been able to do myself. The knowledge of the staff and local workers was outstanding and I have learnt so much these last three weeks. The happy beautiful children have changed my life. They are always so happy and loving before we arrive, but to provide them with more smiles and laughs whilst we are there is so amazing. I feel that having more opportunities to buy things directly for the schools that we are working in would be so much more beneficial and helpful, instead of getting that we are not allowed to and that the money should not have to go through the Foundation where we don't even know where the money ends up. Other than that, the actual project itself and volunteering is by far the best thing I have and ever will do.