Costa Rica: Guanacaste, Rural Areas, San Jose
Costa Rica has a high population of orphaned children and street kids because of the poverty in the country. These children don't get the ample amount of love and support that others receive in living with a normal family.
Maximo Nivel helps volunteers provide the support and care to children in need through a program located in Guanacaste, Rural Areas, and in San Jose. Volunteers can be placed in two projects: at orphanages where they help with activities, feedings, and teaching the children or in street children projects, where volunteers help provide the children with food, education, and shelter. Both programs are available on rolling start dates, lasting for one week to as long as six months.
1. Make a Real Difference in the Lives of Young Children
2. Learn how to dance the Salsa through free dance lessons
3. Visit the Historic National Theater of Costa Rica
4. Explore the Nicoya Peninsula
5. Be fascinated by Santa Rosa National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Guanacaste
1-2 Week, 2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 3-6 Month
Programs begin every Monday
No special qualifications required - everybody can help out.
The volunteer experience is a commitment that includes a willingness to overcome challenges of various sorts. In cases where volunteers are experiencing difficulties, we strongly encourage creative and collaborative solutions. If you are put in an uncomfortable position, every effort will be made to accommodate you, but it is also important that volunteers remain flexible and understanding. Open-mindedness and patience will go a long way toward ensuring an enjoyable volunteer experience.
Cost in US$:
Please contact us for more information.
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Language instruction
Program Fees Include:
- Personalized volunteer placement based on your skills and interests.
- Safe, comfortable housing and three meals per day Monday - Sunday.
- An experienced English-speaking program manager who will provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- 10 hours per week of intensive Spanish instruction.
- Unlimited free access to high-speed internet and modern computers plus office-wide WiFi access Monday - Sunday.
- Free Salsa lessons
- Monthly open-bar International Party
- A toll-free emergency hotline in the U.S.
- Disability Issues
- English Teaching
- Street Kids
18 to 75 years old
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
- Independent living
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is