Intern in Czech Republic with World Endeavors
World Endeavors Header Image World Endeavors Header Image

Intern in Czech Republic with World Endeavors

Thank you!!

It was well organized and I could tell there was a lot of effort and time dedicated from everyone at WE to make it a great experience for me. Thank you!

I was impressed with how professional and organized the ambulance internship and meetings were. I felt welcomed and encouraged to ask questions which allowed me to learn a lot. It was nice to actually talk to someone on the phone in the beginning and to have advisors in both my home country and my project country. The only problem I had while overseas was with my hostel. The hostel staff were not the most friendly or helpful people and I found myself locked out of the dormitory for 30 minutes or more because I did not have a key card and when I spoke to the staff they said because I was not a long term student I was not allowed to have a pass and would need to check in at the desk each time I came in.

Excellent experience

I was in an occupational therapy programme and initially, I was looking forward to gaining some experience in the clinical psychology. However, I would say the programme was more focusing on the physical health part for children with developmental problems. Nevertheless, I appreciate it as a great chance to learn something new such as musical therapies and hippotherapies. It also reinforced my interest in developmental psychology. Moreover, people there were really friendly and willing to show/teach me things, which made me feel that I was actually a part of the team to take care of children there. All in all, it was a great experience allowing me to explore a new culture and to gain some relevant skills which might be of much help in my future study.

Easy and effective communication. Great advice and support from start to finish. Natalie has been really supportive and responsive. And she helped me a lot from the beginning to look for an internship. I felt safe even if I was new to the country and I knew that I could always turn to WE team asking for help. Also the whole application process was easy to follow. I appreciated that on each step, there would be some information and contacts from WE team so that I would know what to be expected. I was happy to work with WE team for my first abroad internship.

Everything went smoothly and according to plan

Having a European background helped with the transition in the Czech Republic- there was not much of a culture shock. The language was a bit of a barrier, nevertheless I was able to get by and picked up on words that I heard daily. From my application to the end of my trip, the whole process was well organized. I was given updates on my stay and received emails promptly. Everything went smoothly and according to plan.