USAC AUSTRALIA: Melbourne - Full Curriculum
University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC AUSTRALIA: Melbourne - Full Curriculum

Australia 2016

My time in Australia, Melbourne, and at Deakin was honestly the best 4 months of my life. I got to travel the world with new friends that I still keep in touch with today and know we will be friends for a long time. Deakin provided us with more than enough social school activities weekly and a free beach trip to start orientation. Being in Melbourne I got the chance to travel to Bali, Sydney, Cairns, New Zealand, Singapore, and the Great Ocean Road. I cannot brag enough about how amazing my experience was in Australia and I would go back in a heart beat. I have actually already planned to complete my degree and apply to jobs in Australia when I am done. I actually met several nurses abroad in hostels, and across my travels and learned about opportunities to gain work visas in hospitals for a few years as a nurse in Australia. I miss it everyday and I would *highly* recommend to anyone who is thinking about traveling abroad to look into Australia.

Living in the Land of the Kangaroos

I had the most amazing time living and learning in Australia. I look back fondly on my experience and miss every aspect of it every single day. I met the loveliest people and had a truly profound, life-changing experience. Studying abroad has opened up so many doors to me, including my current position as a USAC Peer Ambassador at my home university. I have caught the bug and am currently planning my post-grad travel excursions. I could not have asked for a better experience and I am a better person for having studied abroad.