Toucan Education Programs (TEP) Header Image Toucan Education Programs (TEP) Header Image

Toucan Education Programs (TEP)

Verified
Toucan Education Programs (TEP)

Toucan Education Programs (TEP)is the premier program provider for study abroad programs in Belize. As a member of The Forum on Education Abroad, we are committed to the standards of good practice for the field. Thus, our programs offer meaningful experiences designed to foster development and learning in an international setting. Our extensive knowledge of Belize and holistic approach to developing programs, affords universities, members of faculty, and students the opportunity to participate in dynamic programs that are of high academic standards, well managed, and affordable. We invite you to consider our study abroad programs in Belize. Serve. Learn. Explore.

Toucan Education Programs (TEP) Programs

Faculty-Led Customized Study in Belize Programs

Study in Belize with Faculty-Led Customized Programs! We invite you to come to Belize with Toucan Education Programs (TEP), the premier provider for education services...

This program has been saved 4 times

Customized International Volunteering Placements in Belize

The international volunteering placements we offer are highly personalized and provide the greatest flexibility to match your specific needs. We use the same efficiency that...

This program has been saved 2 times

International Internship in Belize Program

Ensure a competitive advantage with an international internship in Belize program! The global employment market is now as competitive as ever. As thus it is essential

This program has been saved 9 times

Intensive Spanish Language and Culture Summer in Belize

The Intensive Spanish Language and Culture program ensures that you have a highly productive and rewarding summer in Belize. For just a short while, your fluency in the Spanish...

This program has been saved 2 times

Toucan Education Programs (TEP) Reviews

10 / 10

Study abroad occupational/ physical therapy in Belize

I had such a wonderful experience in Belize last summer. I learned so much about OT and being creative with limited resources, but I also learned so much about the culture of Belize and experienced so many fun opportunities/activities. It was my first experience traveling out of the United States and I don't think I could have chosen a better place to go, and the TEP staff was amazing! I loved my experience so much that I plan to return to Belize in the future, whether it be for service learning or just vacation!

9 / 10

Toucan Education Program Global Service Learning Pilot - Belize 2017

The time I spent in Belize working with Toucan Education Programs (TEP) was a truly immersive experience and one that I would recommend to any motivated student who is looking for a highly individualized yet community oriented opportunity. This program, created by founder/CEO Rhondine Petrof, not only allows for exponential growth in an academic sense but also works to challenge currently held positionalities that contribute to an individual's identity. This intentional reciprocity between student and study creates space for the practice of introspection. Correspondingly the development of self-confidence is later met when planning, conducting and presenting exploratory research.

I am forever grateful for the efforts of TEP and to the individuals I have had the privilege to share these memories with. The experience has allowed me a deeper grasp of varying intersectionalities within public health and gender roles, comfortability in realizing that as I continuously face new situations, I will be discovering new facets of who I am, and to above all else trust that I am capable.

Also important to mention, the staff of TEP including Rhondine was there for me when I was experiencing health concerns. This comfort and commitment to ensuring I was okay for the remainder of the trip truly helped me feel safe, secure, and relaxed. Their actions helped me overcome small challenges that allowed me to quickly bounce back and enjoy the experience.

Program: International Internship in Belize Program

• Toucan Education Programs (TEP) responded to this review September 22, 2017 at 11:09 AM

Hello Sara,

Huge thanks for your review. We value your feedback and support.

Studying in Belize

I enjoyed study abroad in Belize. I was able to learn lots about the culture while having fun. This cultural immersion is something that will be remembered for the rest of my life! I stayed with a family in their home and become an active member of their household. This allowed me to become emerged in culture like I never had been before. Then I also got the chance to visit sites like the Belize Zoo and downtown Belize City and explore. Combining all of these experiences made for an experience the grew me as a professional and a person.

Program: Faculty-Led Customized Study in Belize Programs

• Toucan Education Programs (TEP) responded to this review September 22, 2017 at 11:10 AM

Dear Ms. Spady,

Huge thanks for taking the time to submit a review for TEP. We are most grateful!

Incredible emersive experience!

I cannot say enough great things about my experience with TEP in Belize! Rhodine is amazing! The people of Belize are warm and welcoming. It was well organized, immersive and a great cultural opportunity to make an impact and Belize made a beautiful impact on me!

Program: Customized International Volunteering Placements in Belize

• Toucan Education Programs (TEP) responded to this review September 20, 2017 at 4:53 PM

Hello Sydney,

We are so grateful for your awesome review. Huge thanks and hope you are well!

Your humble TEP team!

Excellent opportunity abroad

Although I was not a student, the opportunity to engage with the culture, in social, community and professional arenas was wonderful! During our time in Belize, I always felt safe, well cared for by Rhondine and her staff, and if there was ever any change of plans with the professionals we worked with, they were quick to make accommodations!

Program: Faculty-Led Customized Study in Belize Programs

• Toucan Education Programs (TEP) responded to this review September 20, 2017 at 4:54 PM

You are an important component to providing much needed services and training in Belize. We are truly grateful and applaud the sacrifice you make to volunteer your expertise.

Sincere thanks from your TEP team!

Show more reviews