International Internships in New York
The Intern Group participants The Intern Group participants

International Internships in New York

Great experience!

I had the greatest time in NYC during 5 months. Intern Group was able to find me this great internship in a great company with great colleagues. The city is awesome and there are plenty things to do. We had fun events every weekend and explore New York to the full extent. I would also like to thank Brian, Miriam and Nicholas from Intern group for being responsive and kind all the time. I don't think you need second thoughts if you are considering to attend this program. You are going to add a great value to your career and have so much fun!

International connections no matter where you go!

I can truthfully say that all the interns I met through The Intern Group have provided me with great friendship and have had unforgettable experiences together during our time abroad. We all seemed to love the companies we were working at, doing things we loved and things we didn’t know we loved! It will be a memory that I will forever cherish.

Bitter-sweet 5 months

My 5 months of internship in NYC with the intern group was a bitter-sweet experience. I had lots of fun such as doing the touristy spots with the other interns that were organised by the intern coordinators. I feel like the intern coordinators did their best to make the experience fun and inclusive. I learn a lot from my internship experience and my advice to the interns coming would be to come with an open mind and always create your own fun.

5 stars!

Absolutely amazing! Shoutout to New York team for this experience. Guided me through everything and answered every single question and explained everything to me in full! Would definitely recommend!! The placement was above expectations which actually made me want to have a career in that field on the back of this placement.

Best ever

It was the best experience ever, which includes picking up from the airport, orientation, housing, events, final interview and there is a drop off at the airport too. It could not have been better. Brian and Nicholas were very helpful since the beginning. Brian always stayed in touch with me to make sure that I am learning enough in the office and getting all the help I need. I cannot thank him enough for everything he has done for me. Nicholas was constantly sending me advice in the email for the places to visit in NYC city and asking for my feedback about my program. Overall, it was a great experience. I am looking forward to hearing more about London internship program.

Great experience in great city

Definitely a meaningful and memorable experience to me. I was able to practice my working skills in my dream position, with new friends from diverse countries and helpful coordinator and other staff in Intern Group. Though only lasts 2 month, this trip would not only be a highlight in my CV, but also a story I would like to share to all!

At home and away

Taking part in this internship abroad has been perhaps one of the most challenging and yet rewarding time of my life. From meeting new people to living in an entirely different city, these last six weeks have challenged me more than most! However I have learnt a lot about myself and the culture that I became immersed in. I loved my internship as I really felt as though I became part of a team and was able to see the behind-the-scenes to political campaigning. That being said, there were times that I struggled, especially feeling homesick because of the time difference. I do think that more could be done in this area, with regards to accommodation, to make interns feel more comfortable and at home. There are also a few things that I was not informed of, including lack of toilet roll and cleaning accessories prior to my arrival. Apart from that, my time in New York has been amazing and I have certainly experienced a great deal. I look forward to using my time here as I progress through my career.

My internship in the big apple

From start to finish the Intern Group NY were extremely helpful and caring. I cannot praise Nicholas enough for his help during the VISA process, I couldn't have done it without him. Brian was very welcoming and arranged fun activities during the 6 months I was there, my favourites being Top of the Rock and the Boat Cruise on the Hudson River. A big thank you to Andy, Emma, Katherine, for being super friendly and quickly tackling any problems I faced on my internship.

I absolutely loved the production internship I was placed on and I've made excellent contacts and friends for life. My office was based in Dumbo which was amazing as I could sit by the river at lunch and view the incredible Manhattan skyline.

New York really is the greatest city in the world. The food, the people and the views are fantastic. For anyone interested in applying to Intern NY, I would say, go for it, you won't regret it.

Changed my life!

For me, this experience has changed my life. In only 8 weeks, I managed to receive a job offer from amazing company I worked for in New York, and made an abundance of connections that will help me secure business relations as well as life-long friendships for many years to come. You cannot put into words American culture until you experience it yourself, so the only thing I can suggest is that you don't sit pondering this opportunity. Yes it may seem costly, but my entire experience was worth every penny. I sat, like you, weighing up my options. But The Intern Group provide you with a seamless pre-arrival experience, as well as the security whilst in America to work, explore & transition into the culture. I was lucky enough to be interning in the same office building as The Intern Group & quickly made friends with the whole team. My internship for a start-up was challenging, but it has equipped me better for the future than any previous work experience or job I've had prior. Similarly, their Workshops focusing on different aspects of professional development with renown industry leaders and influencers, were integral to my experience abroad and my career going forward. Just go for it, & take every opportunity put in front of you!

New York internship experience

Had an amazing time, with great people and incredible opportunities!
Everything was arranged very well and if I had any questions or needed anything, I was able to contact someone very easily. Additionally, many activities were organised during the weekends during which you could meet all the other interns.
Definitely would do it again!

A fruitful journey

It has been a wonderful journey working as an intern in New York City. At work, my colleagues are friendly and helpful and my boss is patient and kind to me. I believe my effort is recognized and I have gain knowledge beyond theory and books through hands-on experience. For social life, though it is pretty tired after a hustle workday, I find my myself never still cease to be attracted by the beauty of the great apple. Imagine yourself living in the scenes of Hollywood movie and that is how I spend my last 2 months. Not bad, right? Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Coney Island, Rockefeller. You name it. I even pay my visit to the nearest cities including Philadelphia, Washington DC, Niagara and Toronto during my weekends.

Of course, it is never easy to adapt yourself in a strange environment. I am a undergraduate university student from Hong Kong. It is of rare occassion that I will stay in a foreign city for more than a week. I feel a bit disorientated at my first night. And it got tougher for not speaking my mother tongue-Cantonese in a long time. But let me share my secret formula to conquer these challenges with you - roll out, meet some friends. I promise you they won't bite.

This is Thomson from Hong Kong and I wish you good fortune in your journey ahead.

Internship at the advance group, summer 2017

The opportunity to reside in New York City for two months proved to be one worth seizing. I had an excellent time, both through the internship placement itself and during free time, when I was able to explore the city to my heart's content. The internship placement itself proved to be extremely interesting, and allowed me to interact directly with several elements of local politics in the U.S, experience that will be invaluable to me in the future. My accommodation was excellent, particularly given its location on the Upper West Side with close links to the subway system. Overall the experience was excellent.

Internship at NY!

Did an 8 week placement as a Product and Business Development intern with Unidos. My internship was no doubt a rewarding experience!

Co-workers were very welcoming and supportive and easy to get along with. I was working on a project called Sengo Money Transfers which is a money transfer app similar to Xoom and PayPal but it has 3 features of Phone Top-Ups, Bill Payments and the Standard Money Transfer. I relished the opportunity of working with aspiring professionals at Unidos and being able to work on an ongoing project.

Being able to meet the other interns at the Weekend events organised by Brian was amazing and is a great opportunity to establish life long friendships and global connections.

The professional development workshops organised by Brian are extremely valuable and you get the opportunity to be able to network with Professionals living in New York.

New York is an amazing city to work and live in! Only thing I would say is that the costs for the program is rather expensive and there are A LOT of hidden costs involved. I think it would be really helpful if the Intern Group were able to breakdown every cost just so potential interns that could be applying are aware. I also think we should be provided with a choice of which accommodation to stay at based on preferences rather than being allocated randomly. So someone who likes to get involved with activities and events, they should have the choice of staying at the 92Y. Whereas someone who has different preferences may prefer 850 West End. I would say to other incoming interns to make sure you research the accommodation and whether you would be happy to stay there for 8 weeks or longer.

Every experience will have ups and downs but for me personally, the Intern Group has been an overall positive experience! Only minor issues but the positives easily outweigh the negatives for this!

If you can afford this, I would say go for it! A once in a lifetime opportunity which will be a big help for your professional and personal development. Although I do believe Intern group should look for ways to make the internship program more affordable for those who could potentially be good interns but are not able to pursue due to financial barriers.

Experience of a lifetime!

Living and working in New York for the past 2 months have been incredible and I'm going to miss everything about it so much! I have made some amazing friends and have discovered a new city that I will no doubt be coming back to very soon. Before coming here, I never thought of myself as someone who could live and work in a big city like London, let alone New York, so to be coming to the end of doing just that AND loving it is huge for me and makes me feel like I have so much more opportunities open to me.

I had so many doubts before coming here like the fact that I've never been away from my friends and family for so long and just the prospect of going to New York on my own is terrifying, but I'm so glad I did. It's made me so much more independent and is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life, both in a personal and professional sense.

So to anyone thinking of doing this, just do it. You won't regret it and will have the time of your life. Although it's expensive (and trust me, that was one of the things holding me back at first), think about it as an investment into your future! To have this on your CV will make you more employable and more likely to get a better job out of it! Plus you get to brag about the fact that you've done an internship in New York!

it's definitely unforgettable memories...

Before I came here to New York, I never thought that I could have an internship I like so much. I love kids and teaching, this internship provided what I needed and wanted for the internship. Thank you so much.

Balanced Work and cultural experience

This Internship experience exceeded my expectation. I could work at a wonderful company and learn so many valuable experiences including practical skills and networking. Also, weekly events on Saturday by The Intern Group provided me an opportunity to experience this amazing city and the US culture. Therefore I strongly believe that this two months internship was one of the most important and precious experience for me. The Intern Group supported the whole process carefully from the beginning to the end. I will recommend this program to other people who need an internship opportunity.

Fabulous

Great experience living in New York and working in a company based overseas. Amazing trips on the weekends. The city makes up for the lack of amenities in the rooms. Great to have on your CV, as really makes you stand out. Enjoyed it thoroughly. The only thing is to make sure you get what YOU want out of the internship, as some of the work tasks can be a bit monotonous.

Life changing

My 3 months in New York was genuinely the best 3 months of my life so far. I was thrilled daily by the city's constant ability to surprise me further. There was always something new going on and I learned so much as I experienced the people and New York culture. I wish I could relive it and couldn't recommend it more to anyone who's on the fence! Yes it is challenging but it'll be the most exciting and enriching challenge you ever take. What's more the team of support you have is faultless. Brian and Julia are simply wonderful and Nicholas is so helpful and encouraging if you ever need some support!

Once in a lifetime experience

Going to the Big Apple might only be a dream for me if it's not for the Intern Group. Even though the process of coming there can be a bit challenging, they guided me through it and I made it in time. The experience during the internship was also priceless. I got to work with real professionals with 20+ years of experience in my field who were very supportive and gave me a lot of guidance and advices. Beyond the work the Intern Group always arranged a weekend getaway in which we can experience and see the city of New York along with the other interns. It was for me an invaluable experience and I feel like this experience is going to help me going forward in my future career. Thank you Intern Group.

Awesome memories

Was skeptical at first but had a great time working here and living but it all ended up being great fun. Got to do many new things and to an extent probably got to discover more things about myself as well as learn more about the world around me. Company and intern group were both great! I had a point I hurt my hand playing sports with clubs and the intern group very very helpful and gave great advice when it came to medical treatment and what to do and who to call/keep updated. Very stress free time here. One thing they did well was make me feel involved and am important part of the family here!

First internship experience

First time in NYC and had a great time. Met a ton of professionals. I think the most important thing to emphasize for anyone entering the program is that it will fall on them to make the most of their time here. The support structure TIG provides is great, but TIG doesn't need to (and I don't think should) try to facilitate all the networking experiences. Compiling lists of events lie forums, panels etc. and providing them to interns would be a great way to help them, but I think the best thing is for the individuals to have to do the networking themselves and learn from that.

Also, DO NOT give EHS Brooklyn anymore business... the place is disgusting and the staff are borderline useless.

NYC intern

The program is overall amazing. My placement with British American Business was a great experience and the city is so much fun. The Intern Group arranged many social and professional events to the interns to attend. I strongly suggest the program.

Great!!

Overall it was smooth and wonderful. Everyone is helpful here, whenever I have questions before or during the internship, you always got fast replies from the group. Placement was fast, internship was fulfilling, you can get so much out of it. And the important thing is, you got to experience a whole new culture here!

Architectural internship

I had a great experience in New York. I learned a lot about architecture, thanks to my job and also beside my job. New York is a such beautiful city. I met a lot of very interesting people from all over the world

My experience in NYC

The experience in general was great.
Work placement was the best part: company and colleagues were great.
The support provided by TIG is essential and in specific, Brian was always available for any kind of request.
I strongly recommend this program.