International Internships in Madrid
The Intern Group participants The Intern Group participants

International Internships in Madrid

The best experience of my life

Travelling to Madrid last summer was undoubtedly the best decision I have ever taken. I have always been keen on gaining cutting edge work experience as well as travel the world, and The Intern Group offered just that. I was warmly welcomed at the airport by a nice and friendly taxi driver who drove me to the apartment and even helped me carry my bags up to the flat ! (that's real customer service right there!).
Talking of the placement itself, TIG placed me with a marketing agency where I learned and developed a wide range of skills in the area of advertising and social media marketing. The close cooperation with the CEO of the company himself shattered the power distance and empowered me to fulfill my potential. Furthermore, we were housed in a cosy apartment in the heart of Madrid near Puerta Del Sol within walking distance from shops, bars, gyms and popular tourist attractions. I can still remember myself walking down Calle Del Arenal all the way down to the Palace via Opera train station while window shopping.
The social activities were just amazing!! TIG took us for a day trip to Toledo and we also visited el Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. It was a huge privilege to visit such a historic city and see where the likes of Zidane and Ronaldo (the real one, LOL) played and made history.

The only downside was that I am a Barcelona fan and my fellow Barca supporters now think I am a traitor ! Well, I think that's something we'll have to resolve and debate internally LOL. With the Barcelona programme now being launched, I will have a chance to clear this up with my boys.

A blessing from heaven!

I did a lot of research and praying before applying to The Intern Group and I must say this was the most well rounded company out there! Your money is well invested here. EVERY part of my experience in Madrid was beyond belief. From my amazing flat and mates, the location, work, activities, social life, and safety, it was all such an amazing experience. I honestly cannot think of any complaints that were not addressed or resolved. Of course life isn’t perfect but the Madrid team with Lalita and everyone on her team really made it feel like it was! All the friends I made on this trip are planning on going back just as I am! Matter fact one of my flat mates is doing a semester in Spain as I write this! Haha definitely became second home to me and I pray to God I have an opportunity to go soon! I can only say that I loved every single part of Madrid and The Intern Group. I had a couple college peers who also worked with them and all their comments were very positive! Highly Highly Highly Recommend!!! #Madrid #TIG

Best decision and summer ever

The Intern Group was the best choice I could have made. You have a full and amazing experience professionally and socially. I got to make great contacts at work and friends that will last a life time. Madrid is an excellent city, since you have a very rich culinary, cultural, natural, urban experience. The Intern Group staff were always willing to help and make us feel safe. I remember I got really sick and my throat hurt really bad and I got in touch with Lalita and she help me get a doctors appointment and even arranged for me to miss work one day so that I could rest and feel better; she really made it feel like I was at home.
Comparing my Internship with some friends that got Internships in other programs or from their schools, this was by far the best. I had the opportunity to work with the CEO of the company I was interning for. He assigned me a project and we had a meeting twice a week, also he made it very clear that any doubt I had I should e-mail him and it would be perfectly fine. I had a very enriching experience and learned a lot. I 100% recommend this program, and if it happens that you're not happy or comfortable at your work place, which I doubt it happens, you can e-mail them and The Intern Group will find a solution for you.

Would not recommend it to others

I found the staff at the Intern group Madrid to be extremely unhelpful; from the visa application to my time in Madrid. First of all, they never mentioned that we would have to pay a deposit on arrival. Then the flat I was put in was awful. On my first day, I had problems getting in and when I tried to call the emergency number, nobody picked up. Both the girls I lived with had problems with their employers and the group did nothing to help. In fact, they made the situation worse. Similarly, they promise that where you live won't be too far from your work place but it took me an hour to commute everyday. I emailed them to complain and got no response. Honestly, I think this whole thing is a complete waste of money as you don't get any value for it. I could go on and on about how poor the program. The only plus is that you meet some really nice people there and the social scene is A1.

• The Intern Group responded to this review February 04, 2018 at 7:10 AM

Dear Osasu, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you met some really nice people and that you enjoyed the social aspect of the program. We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the other aspects of the program. We take all of the feedback from our participants to heart, so thank you for your honesty. This will enable us to make things better for future interns. Since your internship in 2014, we have changed the participants’ accommodation, and expanded our team in Madrid to be able to provide more local support to interns, both pre-program and during the program. Again, I am really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your internship experience. If you have any other feedback or would like to talk about this in further detail please email us at info@theinterngroup.com.

Marketing internship

I loved working in Spain. I was able to learn about a different culture while gaining business skills. My favorite part was learning with people who speak a different language. I was able to explore the world and learn so much about myself .

Review: The Intern Group (Spain)

My time with The Intern Group in Madrid, Spain was truly something special. During my internship, I learned practical knowledge about recruitment and selection on a global scale, which is invaluable to me as I begin my HR career. My favorite part about my time in Madrid was definitely the meals. Not only were they always delicious (how can you beat tapas!?) but this was also the time when I got to share and compare experiences with my fellow interns and coworkers. I highly recommend this internship program to those looking to step out of their comfort zone and acquire experience in their field along with a more global perspective!

Learn and have fun

The team at intern Madrid is amazing. They are organized, prompt, and help make Madrid feel like home. I left feeling 100% satisfied with my experience and would love to do it all over again. I recommend this program to anyone. If you put in the effort, you are going to meet many people and learn so much about business and culture.

Investment banking internship in Madrid

My experience in Madrid was brilliant. I spent three months there and it was one the most interesting experiences I have ever had. There always something new to see or to visit in this amazing city and the Intern group team was always there to help and make us discover new places.

As a finance graduate, I interned in an Investment Banking firm, and everyone at work was very helpful. I was given the opportunity to work on several parts on M&A projects, and learn many soft and technical skills. The experience was really valuable and I honestly believe it will help in my future career. But the programme is not only about the work experience, it is also about discovering a new city, and make new friends. Both of those were fulfilled, the first one through all the events organized by the Intern group, such as a visit to Toledo, or the Santiago Bernabeu tour (which is an amazing thing for every football fan). The second point was fulfilled because of the other programme participants, as they came from very different countries and backgrounds.

I would say this was a life changing experience, and I definitely recommend it!

Amazing experience

Madrid is an amazing city, there is always something different to do. The most valuable thing about it is the people, most of them are polite and they always try to help you if you get any problem. I call it the American country of Europe because I really felt like at home.

About my work experience, I was working in Wayra, the Telefónica's startup accelerator. Basically they help entrepreneurs, they give them mentoring, talks, networking, meetings with investors, financing, and workplace (which is super inspiring). I was sitting next to the country manager and the Wayra team, that made me feel part of them. What I enjoyed the most were the peer reviews, meetings between the startups where they share ideas, opportunities and point of views (about their weakness and strengths). I learnt a lot with them and about them, I made a lot of good friends and some of them are the CEO`s. The work place was very multicultural, I met people from Spain, USA, Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, Germany, France, Egypt, Italy and México. This internship helped me to improve my business, I realized about a lot of mistakes that I was making.

The intern group team was very kind, they were like my familia madrileña, they were always there to support me and to ensure that my experience is one that I would never forget. They organised social events throughout my stay; at these events I met the other interns, those guys made me enjoy Madrid more besides now I have a lot of friends around the world.

I can´t wait to go back!

Amazing time in Madrid - professionally & personally

The Intern Group did an amazing job selecting a suitable internship for me. I studied Biochemistry & Biotechnology where I focused on agriculture and plant biotechnology. The Intern Group managed to place me in a specific company that exactly fitted and matched my study field and interests.

Not only did I gain a lot of experience on a professional level, but also on a personal level I gained a lot of confidence and managed to be more independent. I applied to do the internship for the longest period possible (6 months) and at the start I was a bit worried that it would be difficult to make friends. When I look back at it, I can honestly say there was nothing to worry about. The Intern Group organises a lot of events where you get to know a lot of new people. Everyone I met was very open-minded and are open to meet new people and make friends. Now I can even say that I made lifetime friends in all continents of the world! The social aspect of the experience made the experience totally amazing. If you are hesitating to apply for the program, I can only give one advice: just do it!

My experience with Intern Group- a special one ;)

My experience with The Intern Group started with an interesting note and ended up with an even more fantastic experience. I was fortunate to receive the Women Empowerment Scholarship 2016 and hence I did a six week internship in Madrid.
I worked in the area of Social Entrepreneurship in Ashoka. Ashoka is an international organization that promotes social entrepreneurship by affiliating individual social entrepreneurs into the Ashoka organization. I wish to become a social entrepreneur in recent future, where I could be a change for eradicating poverty within the community I grew up. I am thankful to the Intern Group for finding me the perfect match in my professional carrier.
During my work with the department of media and communication, and assisting in the Changemaker Education project, I learned about many thrilled persons and their inspiring stories who brought changes in their community. Through the life experiences of certain Ashoka fellows I could read about how gender integration can boost entrepreneurial solutions to poverty. From Ashoka, I aspire to carry these notions back with me along with another idea that I learnt here, it says "If you dream to change the world, you should have the humility to see the world as it is and have the audacity to imagine the world as it could be."
Now coming to the social life, and if you are in Spain, you got to follow the idea of "work hard and party harder" and The Intern Group makes sure you get the best of both. Whether its about the best Spanish cuisine in town, Flamenco show, Salsa workshops or the best pub crawl offers in town, you will get it all.
Apart from this, my favourite time in Madrid was living at Calle Orense with my flatmates who turned out to be amazing life long friends.
I would totally recommend this experience, whether you wish to travel to a new country, make friends or build up a strong professional network from all over the world, it is worth having this experience.

Great experience

I spent 10 weeks in Madrid, and it was a life-changing experience. The internship aspect was great, as it boosted my CV, and it was in a field that I really want to go into (solar energy). But what made it special was the social aspect. I met amazing people in Madrid and made lifelong friends. Madrid is a cultural, safe city and I would recommend the intern group experience 100%. The program co-ordinator Lalita, is always on hand to help. And Irene plans social events every week so there is always something to do. Don't hesitate, just do it!

Great experience program

When you arrive in Madrid there is a person waiting for you to give you a folder with the apartment keys and take you directly to the apartment.
The facilities of the apartment were quite good, central and safe.
The relationship with my roommates and the atmosphere that is generated is great.
Then in the workplace depends a lot on your own skills and the seriousness with which each one takes the work, anyway Lalita is available to advise you on any doubts that may arise.
Another important point is the work of Irene who at all times is pending of the group, creating panoramas to know of Madrid and surroundings, with a great patience and very available to help 100%.
If you take this program will give you growth, it is a safe program in which Lalita and Irene are all the time pending your security.
Without a doubt It is an experience that would return

Great trip! Great friends!

Intern Group Madrid was such an amazing experience-- developing my life both socially and professionally. My work placement was wonderful, everyone was really friendly, spoke English and worked hard to help me develop my marketing skills.

I loved getting to know and meet all of the other interns-- they became my closest friends! I still continue to travel and visit the friends I made and meet up with my former Madrid roommate :)

Awesome experience

Interning in Madrid was not only great for my CV but also an awesome social and cultural experience. Madrid is a beautiful, safe city with plenty to see and the Intern group made living easy, safe and undaunting. The apartments were nice and in safe areas plus you get to share with other interns of similar age and interests.

There is a great team behind the Intern group who are always there to help and can be contacted through email or facebook. Lalita is thoughtful and willing to talk whenever there is a problem and Irene, who runs the social events, is lovely and always keen to show the interns around and provide fun outings. The best way to see Madrid is with a local and Irene is great.

Overall the experience was great and I would love to do it again, definitely worth thinking about if you want a culturally unique few months coupled with a professional internship.

Not just a memorable career milestone, but a valuable life experience!

Choosing to do an internship through The Intern Group in Madrid would be a choice I will never regret.
The amount of lessons and experience you get through an international internship cannot be learnt by simply going to uni. It was an enjoyable challenge that was highly enjoyable, and would recommend to ANYONE who wants to travel, work and experience something different!

I would especially recommend acquiring an international internship through The Intern Group, as they offer the best service and sort through the various internships to offer ones to you that are to your preferences. The team at Intern Madrid are all genuinely caring professionals who do their job VERY well. They had placed me in a Content Marketing Internship which I enjoyed every single day, and had offered accommodation and social events that allowed me to soak in the Madrileño and Spanish culture.

My internship was at a start-up called Kuorum.Org where I was given the oportunity to learn more about my discipline, as well as dabble in other areas of the business that I was interested in. The workplace was creative and modern, and the location was perfect! (Five minutes walk from my apartment). Doing my internship here will always have a big impact on my CV.

As for my accommodation, I was located right in the heart of Madrid and was 5-10 minutes walk from everything. I can only hold Intern Madrid responsible for the excellent accommodation scouting. They make sure to always provide quality housing for the Interns and attend to any complaints or queries about your accommodation right away.

The social events were exactly what I wanted - times where I want to know more about Spanish culture, but at the same time get to hang out with other interns. From a Flamenco Dinner, to a day trip in Toledo, events are always thoughtfully planned out for anyone in The Intern Group family.

All in all, it was a 10/10 experience that I reaped countless rewards from.
Not only did I get a multitude of career wisdom from it, but a lot of life lessons too.
As a young person, living independently in a city that has a drastically different culture, this was the best place to shape and enhance my character!
The Intern Group is definitely the way to go, so if you haven't, make your way to apply!

Engineering internship abroad

Choosing to Intern Abroad in Madrid Spain as an Engineer, was a decision that I feel was a step forward to the future of my Professional career in the Engineering field. With being a recent graduate from a University in the United States and feeling the need for more experience to enter the work force this was the perfect solution. My internship in Madrid Spain provided me with amazing experience pertaining to the Engineering field from becoming efficient in simulation software, to being able to work on solving engineering issues affiliated with well known companies in Industry.

The life on Calle de Orense

During my internship in Madrid, I have grown so much as a person. I've learnt invaluable skills from my work placement, and helped developed numerous personal attributes that has shaped me for the better. My living quarters were really good and the administration staff were always extremely proactive to tend to any concerns and issues I had. However, the best thing was my internship placement. I was placed in an excellent work environment with extremely supportive colleagues that have helped me improve my knowledge and lab experience in science. I leave Madrid not only as a more seasoned traveller but also having made life long friends there. I would highly recommend that people should seriously consider going with this group!

Non-profit intern Madrid

I really enjoyed my experience doing this. The program was very good about being flexible in terms of dates when I suddenly needed to move my dates by a couple of months. Lalita was always very helpful with everything. They set me up with a nice non-profit organization. I wish I could've done the program longer to explore more and immerse myself more. This program is really what you make it but you have the ability to meet people from all over and kind of have a built in friend group with the interns that start off with you. I highly recommend joining in on everything to get the most out of the program. I know some Spanish but it is not absolutely required to get around but it helps. But you will find yourself speaking a fair amount of both English and Spanish since the interns you're with will also most likely speak English.

Working In Spain during the holiday season

If your internship happens to run through the Christmas Holidays, don't fear! Spain has great Christmas traditions, holidays, and events to provide you with a fantastic time. To start, Spain has the most public holidays of any other country.. Therefore you will probably have some extra days to check out the city or even a day trip to one of the beautiful towns surrounding the capital! Staying in Madrid, you can splurge in the shopping area around Gran Via with all the great Christmas deals going on. The Christmas market in Plaza Mayor has many little treasures. Also don't miss out on the great culinary traditions that occur during the holiday season, including cakes;)

Intern Madrid experience

Amazing experience overall. We were a group of fourteen interns and all became really good friends. In addition, the Toledo and Bernabeu tours were one of a kind. As a city, Madrid offered numerous places to visit, both in the day and night. Hope to be back in Madrid soon.

Lots of ups and downs

My experience with the Intern Group was overall pretty great. Overall experience in Madrid was a bit more hectic and stressful-and I know that probably clouds the way I see my internship experience. But I got working experience and had a lot of great experiences with the intern group team and my fellow interns! At my workplace the space was very nice and so were all of my co-workers and my boss. If anything I just found it hard to contribute substantially to the company's efforts in such a small company without room to take on more ppl. Everything on the Intern Group side of things was great. Loved the professional workshop, the cultural event and the day trip to Toledo. And Lalita was amazing in all of her efforts to help me through my random problems throughout the experience. I don't know what I would have done without her!

Life changing experience

Choosing to intern in Madrid through The Intern Group was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. As a recent graduate with little experience in my chosen field (Entrepreneurship), I felt extremely uneasy about my future. This experience helped me gain an incredible amount of knowledge and confidence that I desperately needed to continue on in professional life. There are many factors that made my time in Madrid unforgettable. The first being my fellow interns. Many of us were recent graduates and were looking for adventure as well as professional experience, thus with similar mindsets we were able to connect on many different levels. I now have long-life friendships in all different parts of the world. The second factor that made my experience incredible was my job placement. The work atmosphere in Spain is unlike anything else that I have experienced. Everyone was extremely friendly and willing to help with any doubts that I ever had. Working in a startup gave me the opportunity to learn a little bit of all of the factors that it takes to grow a business from the ground up with limited resources. I learned that it takes a lot of hard work and passion to work for a new company. Lastly, the city. Madrid offered so many activities and sights to see that I never found myself with nothing to do. It is well connected and any place is accessible through metro/bus or by foot. I definitely see myself returning to Madrid in the future. I recommend this program to anyone who is looking to improve their self-confidence, gain longtime friends, all while having fun in an amazing city.

My Madrileños experience

Participating in an international internship with the Intern Madrid was such an incredible experience! On the weekends, I became a traveler and a foreigner exploring all the sights Madrid has to offer (my personal recommendation would definitely be to visit museums like Museo del Prado, Thyssen-Bornemisza, Reina Sofia and Casa del Sorolla); but throughout the week I lived the life of a typical Madrileños, catching the Metro to work and grabbing a quick bag of Churros for breakfast on the way.

Madrid is a vibrant city full of friendly locals, beautiful sights, great food and a fun nightlife. My roommates (other Interns from the program) and I loved to explore the city, especially when searching for great places to eat. Although I survived in Madrid without knowing a lot of Spanish, however I would definitely recommend that prospective Interns learn some functional Spanish before you arrive. Knowing how to ask for prices, directions and to order food will make your life much easier. Plus, if you are a directionally challenged tourist like me, fear not! If you get lost in Madrid, simply search for a metro station and navigate from there or ask a local for directions. I loved to explore the city’s sites through walking miles and miles or taking the bus when I felt lazy(which has free WiFi!)

One of the best parts of my experience was having the amazing InternMadrid team’s support. They are with you every step of the way- organizing weekly activities and always ready to offer advice on where to visit, eat, shop and anything else that you can think of! I was always connected to them and the other Interns in the program, so there was always the option of organizing an outing with someone with the same interests as you.

Through my Internship, I gained invaluable experience and new skills in my respective field. Adapting to a new office culture is both exciting and nerve-racking, but if you're as lucky as I was you'll quickly get used to the culture through the help of lovely colleagues. I particularly miss having a snack at 11am in the office kitchen table joking or talking about the company's structure and history with my work colleagues. I certainly developed a new perspective on topics relating to my undergraduate degree.

Overall, I loved every second of my internship and truly miss Madrid. I would definitely recommend the InternMadrid program to anyone looking for an exceptional Spanish experience and professional development.

Internship in Madrid

I had an amazing time in Madrid. It first started with the amazing office and staff that was extremely accommodating, accessible and trustworthy. It is a bit of a leap to go to a different country without knowing anyone or anything about the country's culture but because of the office and staff at Intern Madrid, I felt safe, accommodated and felt like I had an ally with me every step of the way.
The culture and social life in Madrid was awesome because it was my first time in Europe. The European culture is very different and it was a great eye-opening experience. The language and cultural barriers were easy to navigate once I engaged in the language and did more cultural activities.
The internship I had was also great because I wanted to do Marketing and PR in a different field than sports because all my experiences had been in sports before. I wanted to branch out a little bit and working at Cano Estudio, a creative Marketing and PR agency with ties to the art and fashion world was a great experience. The people at Cano Estudio were great and extremely accommodating and I am glad everything really worked out.
Intern Madrid is a great program for anyone who wants a cultural, professional and social experience that is unique.