Australia-Vietnam Skills & Education (AVSE-TESOL)
TEFL in Vietnam - AVSE TEFL in Vietnam - AVSE

Australia-Vietnam Skills & Education (AVSE-TESOL)

Exceptional school

I am a US parent whose 20 year old daughter decided to go half way across the globe to attend this school. Needless to say my wife and I were very nervous. Well we were blown away by the staff. We lost communication with our daughter (her phone was lost) and we were freaking out. A quick email to Peter the Director and within minutes he was on it and in short time we received word that she was fine. There were many other instances where they bent over backwards to help her. They took such great care of her it was like she was staying with family. I also know she felt the same and had an amazing learning experience. Do not hesitate to attend this fine school that really cares.

• Course Instructor

A learning experience with a splash of fun

I enjoyed my time with AVSE, it is quite an intense course but I feel that it definitely gave me the confidence to walk into a class room and teach. They gave me the foundation I needed and I have had fun and loved meeting people from all over the world that are like minded.

• Course Instructor

The most invigorating, productive certificate course I have ever done!

My experience at Australia-Vietnam Skills & Education, HCMC, Vietnam (AVSE) was absolutely fantastic. Instructor David Chalker is world class! Very interesting, knowledgeable teacher. The teaching methods, if absorbed, ensure you exit being a qualified beginner instructor. Mr. Goudge has expanded from HCMC into Hanoi, and now into Cambodia. The test teacher classes we did were the best method of introducing a new English teacher to the classroom with young learners. In closing, my classmates were a group of fine individuals from AUS down under, USA yanks like myself, Portugal, and the U.K.

Awesome time!!

Arriving in Vietnam might be a big culture shock, but I can definitely say that taking the TESOL course through AVSE has been an excellent experience and allows one to adapt fairly easily. The teachers are very professional and the school tries their up-most best to make your stay and course as memorable as possible. I have met some great people from all corners of the world while doing the course and will highly recommend the course to individuals wanting to try something different.

• Course Instructor

Lovely way to learn how to teach and make new friends

I definitely was a bit shell shocked having coming to a totally different country but it made it worth while having an amazing group of people in the same boat as me. Additionally, our course instructor was such a great source of knowledge not only from a teaching sense, but from her many years of teaching experience in Vietnam. She was very approachable if we had any questions and was always able to get us to think more creatively and out of the box. My favorite part of the course was the ability to go to many different English centers and practice teaching to real Vietnamese students. I found that that it was definitely way less scary than I thought it would be, and that it could even be quite fun. I would recommend this course for any person looking for a practical hands on approach to teaching English as well as someone who looking for a great community to help you out during the harder parts of the course.

Excellent experience & highly recommended

AVSE is an employment directed training course. The course provides 150 hours certification in teaching English as a foreign language, a highly regarded qualification in the English teaching industry. The course is a great experience and you are guaranteed to learn useful tips and teaching methods which will be invaluable in your ESL career. If you want to be successful in teaching English as a career I recommend AVSE’s TESOL course. I personally gained a lot from the course and I have seen them turn ZERO into HERO in 4 weeks!

Well worth it

Having done some online research and gotten some favorable feedback on AVSE, I decided to give it a try and jumped in with both feet. With only some conversational English instruction behind me, I wasn't sure how prepared I would be for such an undertaking. I must say, that from the moment you are greeted by the AVSE staff to the final goodbye, you are in for quite an experience. Peter and his trainers are such great people and will go above and beyond what you'd expect from them. Utilizing classroom instruction, role-playing, on the job training, you will find yourself as I did, often out of your comfort zone. But I needed that and I surmise many of you do too. You will be prepared and AVSE will see to it that you are employed as well. So take it from someone who had little idea of what he was getting into. If you are interested in an career not just teaching English, but changing the lives of the learners in front of you, there is no better place to start than AVSE. Yes, definitely well worth it.

Impressive

It’s hard to believe that two months have gone by since I completed the TESOL program at AVSE in Ho Chi Minh City. As a non-native English speaker (Latvian), securing a teaching job after the TESOL course was always my greatest concern. I was very relieved when I started my first paid teaching job a matter of days after submitting my TESOL assessment tasks. I put this down to factors: 1. AVSE’s brilliant reputation in the marketplace – AVSE graduates are sought after by English language schools of all shapes and sizes; and 2. the knowledge and skills I picked up during the 4-week TESOL program. I am very happy that I chose to invest in the TESOL course at AVSE.
Kalvis Klaise (Latvian)

Awesome course

The course was really great. When I started, my teaching confidence was low but once finished the course I had the confidence to teach in all circumstances. I would recommend the course to anyone who wants an extra head start in settling into Vietnamese life. I also made wonderful, like minded friends on the course. 10/10 for sure!

Excellent training experience

I recently completed the AVSE 140hr TESOL cert IV program in Ho Chi Minh.
My experience with the school was a very good one. The teachers were friendly and very helpful, and the program itself is full of real-world applicable information. We learn't useful and flexible methods for preparing lessons, valuable classroom management skills, and got quite a bit of real classroom practice. We also found out how to best go about getting work.

I feel confident and work-ready having completed this course and recommend it.

You leave ready!

The course at AVSE makes sure that you are ready for the next step in your teaching career. As someone who had never taught in a class room setting I was nervous about what to expect. AVSE put my mind at ease and made sure I was 100% prepared to enter the teaching world and helped me find a job that was right for me.

• Course Instructor

I felt like I was finally ready to be a teacher

Before taking the AVSE course, I had actually gotten a job within a week of arriving in Vietnam. I was questioning if I needed to take a TESOL course at all given that I was already working. BOY, was I wrong. AVSE taught me the exact way to make sure everything fits and make sure everything is taught. They taught me how to make lesson planning easy and taught me how to overcome nerves. I am happily teaching and still rely on many tips and tricks given to me by AVSE. I am very grateful!

Valuable course.

I completed the course in July 2013 and I‘m still finding it extremely useful, after teaching 4 years here.
The intense 4 weeks training delivers more than what I was expecting. I would warmly recommend AVSE.
Brilliant course !

Exceeded all expectations

Well aware that you get what you pay for, I agonised over which TESOL course to enrol in. Having narrowed it down to the top 3 service providors in Ho Chi Minh City, I decided to apply to AVSE, as I knew that their Australian Government accreditation guaranteed a high quality educational program and that the international recognition that this holds in the industry is preferred by many employees.

Having recently completed the course, I felt compelled to write this review as I'm sure there are providers out there that just don't deliver on what they promise. AVSE did this plus more and I'm extremely pleased I made the correct decision. The course curriculum was thorough in its content and I learnt many invaluable techniques and teaching strategies that I doubt I could have elsewhere. The lessons were entertaining and I'm overwhelmed at the personal attention I received from the instructors who were able to focus on the individual requirements of different students. AVSE'S guaranteed job placement is an added bonus which is not a gimmick; their connections with blue chip employers opens up the door to well paying and even unadvertised jobs that would otherwise not be possible.

Even allowing for the fact that I've now completed my formal studies and teaching pracs, AVSE still remains an invaluable teaching resource for both me and my fellow ex students as we embark on our new teaching experiences in Vietnam. I'd strongly recommend that anyone who might be facing the same dilemma as I was in choosing which organization to go with..... FORGET THE REST BECAUSE AVSE'S THE BEST!

• Course Instructor

Top class instructors, can't imagine better

The course was hard work, but fun. The instructor was just brilliant - incredibly experienced, knowledgeable and at the same time fun, and with great people skills. If you do this course, and put the effort in, you will have great start to a TESOL career. AVSE do a lot to support you during your time on the course. The experience of living for month in a non-touristy area of HCMC is also a great experience.

AVSE course outcome

Having taught English in Japan for 25 years, I was confident in my ability to take up an English teaching position anywhere I desired. As I had always been interested in Vietnam, I wanted to continue my career there.

Research showed that in order to acquire the best teaching positions in Vietnam a TESOL or equivalent is required. After checking a number of options, I was drawn to the AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh City. There are a few reasons. Most importantly, it is Australian Government accredited. Secondly, employment is guaranteed by AVSE. Thirdly, very reasonable accommodation is included in the plan.

During the course, the instructors were professional and informative and went out of their way to help people. The admin people at AVSE were excellent.

Since concluding the course last week, myself and most of my classmates have already found teaching positions in the most sought out institutions.

AVSE-Vietnam's number one TESOL provider

It was only last week that I completed the TESOL course at AVSE in Ho Chi Minh City and I already have a firm job offer with a top tier English language school.
Considering I had no prior teaching experience before I arrived at AVSE, the job offer is testament to the high-quality training they provide.
I now understand why AVSE is considered the Number One TESOL provider in Vietnam. It’s about the quality of the training (Australian Government accredited) and the people who work at AVSE. To Mary, David, Paul, Johnno and the rest of the AVSE team, I just want to say thanks!
I would recommend AVSE in a heart beat....they deliver on their promises!
Fernando Lima
TESOL 89 – June 2017

• Course Instructor

The beginning of a love story

After living in Las Vegas for 13 years I decided to move back to my home country of The Netherlands. A lot had changed in 13 years. I had difficulties acclimating to the "sterility'' of my city of Rotterdam after so many years of debauchery in "sin city" and decided to pursue a new adventure in the shape of teaching English abroad. Overanalizing things can paralize me with indecision occasionally, but this time I put on my brave shoes and took the plunge with AVSE after studying numerous websites and reviews of other in-class TEFL/TESOL providers.
Let's be honest...it takes a bit of faith and/or determination to give someone money that's 10.000 km away and that you've never met before. You're placing your trust on the content and "feel" of the website and numerous positive reviews. It paid off because the process was smooth and streamlined from the very first email down to the end of the course. The course provided me with real live teaching practice with real students. This alone has boosted my self confidence and teaching ability to great heights. Something I wouldn't have gotten, had I taken a online TESOL/TEFL route. You can definitely feel the passion and love that has gone into creating a great TESOL program at AVSE. Make no mistake... this is Peter's (founder) lovechild and it will prep you for your teaching adventure without a hitch.

• Course Instructor

Fantastic experience that has set me up for a career in teaching English.

I completed the course in March 2017 and can honestly say that it was one of the most productive, fun and interesting times I've ever had.

The course is very well planned and structured. From the get go, you know exactly what will be expected of you. I found the course to be both challenging and rewarding. It is presented with user friendly methods, which allowed me to progressively gain the confidence and skills needed to conduct my own classes.

The tutors were all extremely competent, professional and patient. They were always on hand to offer assistance, both inside and outside the classroom. I was also most impressed with the level of planning and organization that went into the daily running of the school. Meeting the expectations of 40+ students with high expectations provides a massive logistical challenge, but AVSE handled it most efficiently. The school are very committed to student welfare, and the few minor issues I raised with the management were timeously and professionally dealt with. The Managing Director, Peter, has instilled a fantastic work hard, play hard ethic into the school, and there is a great balance between work and fun.

Within a week of completing the course, the school had set me up with numerous interviews, and a week later, I landed a fantastic teaching job in Vietnam. I can without hesitation say that I would not have been able to land this job had it not been with the help of AVSE.

AVSE delivered 100% on all their commitments to me, I can whole-heartedly endorse their integrity and quality. I am having a really great time in Vietnam, and would encourage anyone thinking of becoming an English teacher to look at Vietnam and AVSE.

Very Impressed

I completed the TESOL program at AVSE in Ho Chi Minh City on Friday 2 June 2017.

While there are many things to like about the AVSE TESOL program - real school environment, accommodation within walking distance of the training center and suchlike - it was the people who work at AVSE that deserve special mention. From the Vietnamese ‘security’ guy watching over the motorbikes parked at the front of the school through to the TESOL educators, tutors and auxiliary staff, the support that’s offered to TESOL students is above & beyond what I had expected.

The course was full-on from day one of the 4-week program with a heavy ‘practical’ emphasis. While the workload wasn’t an issue for me, I can see how it might be an issue for others. My point is, this course is not for folks who are looking for a quick TESOL certificate of paper value only. It’s the real deal & you’re expected to work.

Overall, I’m very impressed with AVSE-TESOL.

Simone Simonetti
United Kingdom

• Course Instructor

AVSE - Professional, hard working, reliable, and fun!!

I first learned about AVSE through word of mouth from a person who spoke very highly of the school and its staff. I made the decision to enroll at AVSE because of the good reviews, free accommodation, and affordable tuition. Vietnam currently has a high demand for English teachers, so choosing AVSE also seemed like the most reliable choice for a smooth transition from the classroom to the work force.

I am currently in my last week of the AVSE TESOL program, and have very positive things to say about this school. Coming into the program, I had very little teaching experience, but here in the last week of the course, I am confident that I can effectively teach any class that is given to me. AVSE has prepared me to be able to stand in front of students and teach in a creative and organized fashion. Because I was so well-trained in class, I was able to successfully teach a demo class even before completing the program, and gained employment at one of the top English learning companies in Vietnam. Being the type of learner that I am, there is no way that I would be as confident or successful as a new teacher if I would have chosen to do an online certification program or any other program that is less “hands on” with their students.

Go for it!

I attended the course in April 2016 with my best friend and had an amazing experience from start to finish! What impressed me most was the staff at AVSE. Everyone was so approachable and welcoming and our tutors created a safe environment where we felt at ease putting our new teaching skills into practice. They were always there to give us extra guidance and support, especially when it came to lesson planning and job applications and took time to give us detailed feedback which I found really helped me to improve my technique. I also have to commend the speed at which the staff helped me to secure a job after I had completed the course. Within two days they had arranged an interview with a popular language centre in Hanoi called 'Apollo'. I successfully passed the interview stage and a week later flew to Hanoi to start working as a full-time EFL teacher. I worked for Apollo for a total of 8 months and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. AVSE enabled me to begin my teaching career with confidence and passion and gave me a qualification which will allow me to pursue teaching jobs all over the world for years to come!

You'll be ready to teach in 4 weeks

From the minute I arrived at AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh City, I was made to feel right at home. The day before my course started, AVSE put on food & drinks for all participants. This was a terrific opportunity to meet classmates, tutors, trainers and the school Director, Peter Goudge.

The course itself is both practical and theoretical with a program that takes you from zero to hero in a matter of weeks. The Help from the whole team at AVSE behind the scenes was very good and you have access to their offices and materials for your lesson plans.

After all the knowledge learned in class the thing I valued most about this course is how well organised your rosters are, and in particular the practical hours inside a classroom both supervised and eventually unsupervised was a huge confidence builder for me. You are required to step outside of your comfort zone and AVSE do a great job of building you up. This is something you will not get from an online only course.

This experience included talking daily in the classroom to increase your confidence with public speaking in a classroom environment, Class management, lesson planning, TESOL guidelines and fundamentals of TESOL practice Teaching classes around HCM in both public schools and language centers and exposure to the real thing.

Overall I was impressed with this course and I feel I came out of the other end a competent and confident teacher ready to hit the ground running in any classroom.

I would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to gain a globally recognized Qualification of ESL teaching, and at the end have some solid experience in a classroom environment and the real deal.

Ticket to freedom!!

I attended the course in April 2013 and wanted to add that I am now this year supporting my son to attend the same course that I credit towards creating a foundation to secure me a job in Saudi Arabia.
I loved the course, fellow students, tutors and who we taught. I had already taught for 21/2 years when I attended the course and despite my teaching experience, I lacked confidence.
I had a total of 5 jobs after the course and a major one in another province before I left Vietnam altogether. The abundance of work and gratitude was positively over whelming.
I was then offered a choice of jobs in Saudi Arabia in 2014 which turned my life around. It was the attendance at this course and the proficiency I gained in myself and teaching that short listed me for what I consider the top job in this industry with no English degree, a Bachelor of Health Science believe it or not!!
I went into syllabus design and assisted the manager of our team in my last contract. I credit this course as it brought out my strengths and ways to express these in a really practical and beneficial way to the curriculum and my students.
I taught for 14 months in Saudi Arabia teaching women, English and in a kindergarten in Bahrain.
I am heading back to teach English in 2018 and due to the foundation this course set, I know I can secure quality and highly paid work wherever I choose to go.
This course I consider a wise investment in yourself and a way to support you in gaining insight into what will give you skills, recognition and fulfillment in the English Teaching world from a phenomenal group of educators.

AVSE rocks!

I have to say that my time with AVSE was money well spent. Not only did I get the teaching experience and knowledge I wanted, I also got taught by Paul Fitzgerald - one of the best TESOL instructors on Earth. The location of AVSE was another plus as it gave the students a crash course on Vietnamese culture (and traffic). Another aspect I've been highly impressed with is their ability to find jobs for their students. Within a week after the course I had either been applied to or applied to myself to over 13 schools in Saigon, and eight days of finishing the TESOL course I was working at a great school for excellent wages!

I will say this - If you come to AVSE get ready for two things: 1) be prepared to give it your all and work hard. 2) be prepared to party hard and have a ton of laughs. If you can both work hard and play hard then this is the place to be. It's a fun environment that is made even more fun by the students and the instructors.

I cannot say enough good things about both AVSE and Vietnam, both are places that I'm thankful I found. So, if you're looking for a fun and educational experience in a foreign land than this is the place for you.