Spanish Studies Abroad Spanish Studies Program - Seville, Spain
Spanish Studies Abroad Header Image Spanish Studies Abroad Header Image

Spanish Studies Abroad Spanish Studies Program - Seville, Spain

More than worthwhile

I had the most incredible experience studying abroad with Spanish Studies Abroad. Before going into this, I was nervous with my Spanish speaking ability and living with a host family. After a week or two, I felt completely relived with my decision to study abroad in Sevilla, with a host family. My family and locals were SO willing to help with my Spanish and encouraged you to try your best. My classes also helped with my Spanish and I learned a lot while being abroad including cultural immersion.

The best semester I could have asked for

I absolutely loved my time in Sevilla. Before going, I had no idea it would have such an impact on my life, but looking back I couldn't imagine what my life would look like if I hadn't gone. Living and studying in another country not only broadened my look on life, but also helped me grow as a person. Spanish Studies Abroad was the perfect program for me because it was a medium size, which allowed me to be known on a personal level by my professors, while still interacting with a number of students from across the US. The classes challenged me, while still giving me the chance to explore the culture and travel, which proved to be just as beneficial as my classroom learning.

A year of adventure in Sevilla!

I had the amazing opportunity of studying abroad for an entire academic year in Sevilla, Spain. From September through May I was living with an incredibly welcoming and loving host family in the center of town, taking classes completely taught in Spanish, and meeting new people while exploring the beautiful city. Sevilla is a great place to study abroad--the historical old town is incredibly beautiful and really feels like you are in Spain, the people are friendly and love to meet new American students, and the classes at the center are interesting. I improved my Spanish skills a lot and had the chance to travel to many new countries during my time abroad. Overall a fantastic experience that I would recommend to anyone!

Spanish Studies in Seville

My time in Spain was filled with memorable experiences. If I had to narrow it down to one though, I would say it was experiencing Sevilla's Feria de Abril. It is an annual celebration that lasts for an entire week. It is hard to explain to those who have never experienced it. I myself didn't understand it until I actually lived it. Its kind of like a fair that consists of publicly and privately owned tents. There are 1000+ tents and each one is a different party. There's food, drinks, and dancing. But my favorite part of all is that most of the women where flamenco dresses and the men dress in suits.

I didn't really have an option. I told my home institution that I was interested in going to Spain to finish my Spanish major and they told me "you're going to Seville!"

I was living with a widowed woman who cooked and cleaned for me. She did my laundry a couple of times per week and cleaned my room once a week. She also cooked all of my meals, which were great! She had previously owned her own restaurant.

Spanish Studies in Seville

I had a great time while in Spain. Might even say it was the time of my life. I was able to not only better my Spanish but got to experience a completely different way of life. I chose to live with a family (as most other students) and really enjoyed it. There were also some who preferred to live in dorm style residencies. The program does their best to accomodate to your wants/needs.

I would've liked to have more of a variety of courses offered.

I really enjoyed living with the host mom that I was assigned. I feel that the program directors really took into account everything that I asked for in my survey.

I don't feel like I made any connections with the locals other than with people working at the center and my host family.

For the most part everything was good. I would give an A but at times it seemed like they wouldn't communicate with us very well.

Yeah, Sevilla

I loved Sevilla and my family but the program is disorganized. It was an amazing experience and I adore my family. I got to see so many interesting things. I am so happy that I came!

Overall experience

Overall, it was a great experience. The program is extremely disorganized, but that's part of the experience... it turns out well.

Sevilla, Spain

CCCS was a great program! My host family was so welcoming. The weekend trips were incredible, and the classes were challenging, but still allowed you to love and enjoy the city and not just study all the time. I'd recommend this program to anyone.

Study Abroad in Sevilla

Studying abroad has been a great experience for me- not only have I learned a lot about the Spanish culture, but I have also learned a lot about myself, others, and life in general. I am so glad I was able to take part in this experience!

Good

It was a good experience

Love Sevilla

Loved the Sevilla culture and glad I got to experience living abroad.

GREAT!

It was a great time!

Fun Experience

Such a fun experience with a bunch of hooligans I'll never forget.

Great time

Study in Seville

A great experience with excellent academics.

Time of my life

Really great!

Can't wait until next term

I have been having a great time. Can't wait until next term.

Great city, poorly organized program

While the classes and Sevilla are fantastic, the program is not well-organized. Communication was scattered and we rarely heard from the higher administration.

Yeah, Sevilla

I loved Sevilla and my family but the program is disorganized. It was an amazing experience and I adored my family. I got to see so many interesting things. I am so happy that I came!

Program was disorganized, but turned out well

Sevilla, Spain

Studying abroad has been a great experience for me

Studying abroad has been a great experience for me – not only have I learned a lot about the Spanish culture, but I have also learned a lot about myself, others, and life in general. I am so glad I was able to take part in this experience!

It was a good experience

It was a good experience.

Loved the Sevilla culture

Loved the Sevilla culture and glad I got to experience living abroad.

It was a great time