Semester at Sea - Fall/Spring Voyage: Japan
Semester at Sea ship Semester at Sea ship

Semester at Sea - Fall/Spring Voyage: Japan

Life Changing

Semester at Sea is truly a program unlike any other. In 100 days, I had the opportunity to circumnavigate the globe, dive into cultures and communities I had only ever read about in books, create friendships I now wonder how I ever lived without, and become consumed with a love for our world that is beyond anything I could have imagined for myself. Alongside the faculty, staff, students, and lifelong learners, I experienced what it meant to truly live, learn, and explore. I am a completely changed person because of SAS, and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to be apart of such an incredible shipboard and global community.

Life Motivating

Semester at Sea was the most incredible experience of a lifetime. It opens your eyes to the world and yourself. It changes everyone in some way whether it is big or small. Semester at Sea helped me shape what I want to do with my life, gave me lifelong friends that I connected with quicker than any other person before, and installed in me a sense of wanderlust. I am so thankful for this amazing program for allowing me to see the world and to find myself along the way. #sassp15 #lvbv

Incredible social, cultural, and academic experience

I've never felt so connected to my classmates (well, shipmates) and seen my textbooks principles come to life as I did on semester at sea. These have been the best four months of my life, and the girls I've met here will be lifelong friends. Traveling to 12 different countries was also very fun and eye-opening, but I'm tempted to say that the time on the ship was even better. I cannot recommend this program enough!

The Experience of a Lifetime...x10

Semester at Sea is a unique program that allows you to circumnavigate the globe with thorough cultural experience. Living on a ship for 3 months, visiting 10 cities, and taking classes while at sea could easily become a logistical nightmare, but Semester at Sea has it down. It's a beautiful opportunity to create your own experience. They have planned trips for those who prefer the structure and safety of a group trip, but plenty of students opt to plan their own trips or not plan at all and just go play in a country for 5 days. Semester at Sea does a great job of preparing you for each country so you really can create the experience of a lifetime in each city.

Most amazing months of my life.

Could not approve it more. I have dreamed of going back over and over. You will come home with wanderlust and a need to travel the world more. A little pricey to do twice but it would be worth every penny. Academics are pretty easy. The people are often times well-off so if you're pinching pennies like I was it can catch you off guard at first.