Seamester: Transatlantic, South Africa to Caribbean- 90 days
Seamester Study Abroad at Sea Seamester Study Abroad at Sea

Seamester: Transatlantic, South Africa to Caribbean- 90 days

Trip of a lifetime

I said across the Atlantic on a 112ft schooner with 32 other people who were so kind hearted, funny, and loving. If I could do it all over again I would! Some of the amazing things we’ve done together was swam with a whale shark, hiked table top mountain, swam across the equator, and grew as a family! There isn’t another group of people I’d want to do it again with.

South Africa to Antigua 2018

I was on board Sea|mester's 112 ft schooner Argo for the Spring 2018 voyage from South Africa to Antigua. It was the highlight of my gap year, and certainly one of the best experiences I've ever had. The team of instructors were all knowledgeable and fun to be around throughout the trip and my fellow shipmates became close friends. If you are looking for a challenging, life-changing adventure and love the ocean I would highly recommend Sea|mester.

• Itinerary

• Satisfaction

Extraordinary experience

A very exciting adventure. We faced many things and grew very close as a crew and family. Explored many places and did things that not very many people get to do. From exploring different places, to scuba diving, to sailing across oceans, you can do it all on Seamester.

I would do it over and over again!

I can't say enough about my experience with Sea|mester I was a part of the 40-day summer in the Caribbean program on S/Y Ocean Star in the Summer of 2010. I had an absolutely incredible experience. I was with 11 students and four crew members. Our crew members were top notch there was not a time where I felt uncomfortable or unsafe. I had quite the fear of scuba diving and our dive master Casey really took his time and helped me ease into diving. It has now become a live long hobby for me. The cultural experience that I had while I was there was unmatched we got to see and do things that only locals do! If I had the time in my schedule I would have done the 80-day program!!