Intensive Spanish Program @ Nosara Spanish Institute
Nosara Spanish Institute Nosara Spanish Institute

Intensive Spanish Program @ Nosara Spanish Institute

Nosara Spanish Institute

Going to the Nosara Spanish Institute was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Costa Rica! The class sizes were small and the instructor great and staff were friendly and helpful. This was my second trip to Costa Rica and I really wish I would have gone straight to this school on the first trip! Its a great way to get some working knowledge of Spanish language and the local culture...being able to speak and understand even a little bit of Spanish really enhances the experience of visiting Latin america!

Highly recommended

I had not formally studied Spanish for over 25 years and needed conversation practice and a thorough review. I was only able to stay for just over a week, but the Intensive Spanish program was fantastic, with small class sizes and individualized lessons. Nosara was the perfect setting for my first time travelling alone in many, many years. I felt safe within the small, quiet community and the shared home-stay at Casa Matias. My interactions with the staff at the school, as well as my home-stay family, gave me the confidence I needed to independently explore the surrounding areas and communities to practice my Spanish. The shared home-stay was easily accessible and the home cooked meals were the best!!

• Facilities

The exact way to learn Spanish.

I have worked on my Spanish on my own, online, in tutorial circumstances, in classes. The program at Nosara Spanish Institute is the way to learn Spanish. The instructors are delightful. The pace is perfect for instruction and the environment is supportive and nurturing.

• Facilities

Wonderful intimate school, amazing location

My 14 year old son and I spent two weeks studying at the Nosara Spanish Institute in July which turned out to be the perfect choice after deliberating endlessly between all of the schools in Costa Rica and having few reviews out there like this one to go by. First, the school- what a wonderful well located, clean, friendly, relaxed yet focused environment to learn Spanish. My son and I took 4 hours of private Spanish grammar and conversational lessons each day in an air conditioned room. Both of our two teachers were incredibly enthusiastic, knowledgeable and engaging teachers. After the first week I gave my son the chance to cut down the class to only two hours but he chose to continue with the 4 hour class which says a lot about how much he was learning while still enjoying himself on his summer vacation. I took a lot of timing deliberating between this school and schools located in other towns and we definitely made the right choice as Nosara is still a low-key beautiful and unspoiled place. The beach was fantastic and if you are additionally into fitness, surfing and yoga you will truly have it all. We took a drive down to nearby Samara which also has a school and I was so relieved we chose Nosara as Samara is sadly dirty and rundown and in my opinion spoiled. In terms of communication and planning, the director of Nosara Spanish Institute is very responsive, responsible and helpful when making all of your arrangements. It was a truly rewarding two week learning/fun vacation and I highly recommend it.

Unforgettable vacation

I have studied abroad and taken several spanish courses throughout my life, and the Nosara Spanish Institute is by far the best spanish school I have ever attended. Not only are the professors extremely knowledgeable in their field of teaching, but they have a keen sense of how to tailor the course to your specific needs. Aside from academia, they go above and beyond to make your whole experience incredible, from assisting planned day trips to the best attractions around, to orchestrating activities like salsa classes. They made our entire vacation so much fun that the spanish classes almost seemed like a bonus!!

Our 2 week Family Adventure

My husband and I, along with our three children spent two weeks at a family stay in Nosara. We had varying degrees of Spanish knowledge and the school identified our needs and split us into appropriate classrooms for our daily lessons. We were so impressed with the training and experience and personalities is all three teachers we had! They worked around our surf lessons for scheduling and had air conditioned classrooms. They offered several outside activities to see more of the area and culture. We highly recommend Nosara Spanish Institute!

Experience of a lifetime

I spent a total of 7 weeks in classes at the Nosara Spanish Institute in Q1 2016. The instructors were knowledgeable, entertaining, and fun! The administrator was accommodating and extremely helpful with anything I needed. The class size was small enough to allow individual instruction (in my case 1-3 other students) as well as engaging interaction. Optional weekly activities provided cultural enrichment that added to the experience. I highly recommend the home-stay program - the total immersion was integral to my progress. Plus I made lasting friendships and have been able to continue to practice Spanish by remaining in touch with my incredibly wonderful host families. This truly was the experience of a lifetime!

Highly recommend it!

Overall I have had a great experience with NSI. I have tried classes 2 times a week, 1x per day and 2 per day at different times over the past year. If you are serious about progressing, it really makes a difference to have daily classes for weeks at a time. The location is central and close to everything. The instructors are always patient and make learning fun. I have always been placed with classmates at a similar level. The classes are small and you meet people from all backgrounds. I will continue my classes at NSI and I highly recommend them to all, whatever your learning goals may be. Thanks Everyone!!

• Facilities

Fun in the sun & learning too!

We had the best experience in Costa Rica, enjoying a two week vacation with an educational bonus! What a relaxing & fun environment we found at the Nosara Spanish Language Institute. It was perfect for those wanting to dialogue, meet others & study language specifics in an intimate & casual atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this school, this town & this country for Spanish students who want adventure in a safe way!