Mente Argentina: Semester & Academic Year at Top Universities in Argentina
Mente Argentina participants Mente Argentina participants

Mente Argentina: Semester & Academic Year at Top Universities in Argentina

• Facilities

I’ve had a blast here in Argentina

Hey, I’m Samira, coming to you from Washington DC, I’ve had a blast here in Argentina, in Buenos Aires specifically. Mente has really supported us and taken care of us with everything that we have needed from directions, to guided tours, to events. I’ve just had a really good time here, meeting new people from all over the world, just getting to be part of the really friendly and vivacious atmosphere of Buenos Aires. I couldn’t have asked for a better way to spend my January, in the university Spanish program, and I would highly recommend it for anyone out there.

You will have fun

Hi, I’m Paul, I went to Buenos Aires to a Spanish program and then a semester at the University of Belgrano. All I can say is that Mente is a great place because they really help you out with the whole experience. They have a lot of great events, lots of good foods, especially with Sofia. So come to Argentina, you will have fun.

I definitely want to return

Hi, my name is Nam, I am from Vietnam but I am currently studying in the US at Bennington college. I did a semester abroad in Argentina, here in Buenos Aires. I found Mente Argentina from the internet and it has been four months of studying, living a whole new different experience. After four months I think that I’ve learned a lot not only about Argentina, but also about Latin America in general. The most important thing is that I have been able to think about who I am, about my country, and about what I want to do in the future, so that’s something that I value a lot. Buenos Aires is a very diverse city, and it’s really fun. The media and political scene is quite polemic so if you want to read the news you read from Página 12 but also Clarín to have a more balanced perspective. I feel like after four months my Spanish really improved, I made a lot of friends from all over the world. After four months what I really want to do now, moving forward, is to finish my last year in college in the US and then start my Masters degree after, but I definitely want to return to Latin America to see how my perspective will change.

Amazing experience

Hi, I’m Nadja from Germany and I came to Buenos Aires for four months to do a semester abroad at the University of Belgrano. It was an amazing experience because you are able to meet so many new people. Especially when you are going with Mente, you will meet new people so easily because you are doing a lot of activities together and it’s really a nice experience and I’m sad that I have to leave now. It’s the best way to learn Spanish and get to meet new people.

I really recommend doing a semester abroad with Mente

Hi Name is Vera, I am from Germany and I was doing a semester abroad here for five months in Buenos Aires. I was living here in Recoleta, which is a good place to live in Buenos Aires. I got to know a lot of places here, and some other places in Argentina as well . I really recommend doing a semester abroad with Mente in Buenos Aires.

It was awesome, so come here and enjoy it!

Hello, I’m Nico, I’m from Switzerland and I’m 26 years old. I was studying here for one semester at UCA, the Unversidad Catolica de Argentina, and I have to say I had such a good time here in this half a year. I got to know so many new people, from Argentina as well as international students and it’s so sad to leave this place now because I really have to say that I got used to many things here that and I really love to live here in this beautiful city and it was so good also to come here with Mente because you know that when you come here you have an apartment, you know that everything works out at the university and the Spanish school, so when I look back I really would do it exactly the same and I really just recommend this city and this organization and it was awesome, so come here and enjoy it!

You should definitely come visit

Hi my name is Allison and I am from Korea but I study in the US. I did a Semester Abroad here at the University of Belgrano and I had a great time. My semester was great, I met a lof of friends through my program. My classes were actually related to my major which is anthropology and music. Mente did helped me a lot because before coming here I was really scared that everything would go wrong and that my Spanish was not good enough. But Mente provided a good transition for me and all my worries went away very smoothly. It was really really great to have a go to person in a foreign country where you don’t know anyone. I met some really great roomates along my stay and through them I met other friends that really made us so much more exciting to be in Buenos Aires. Another highlight with Mente were all these tours that we get offered during the weekends. I really enjoyed them as I got to learn much from them, not only did I get to see the touristy stuff but the guide was excellent at hitting spot! Now I bump into him in the street and it’s like we are friends. Buenos Aires is great, Argentina is great so you should definitely come visit.

It’s really easy to feel like you belong here

Hi, my name is Madison from the US. Three things that I really want to bring to your attention about my stay here was my host family, it was an awesome family and they always made me feel like I was part of it. Second will be Mente, all the emails they sent us with all the new things to do in the city, always checking up on you making sure you were ok. And three, the culture here, they were always friendly and love foreign people. It’s really easy to feel like you belong here.

Buenos Aires is a really fun city to be

Hi I’m Jamie from and I came through Mente to study abroad in the University of Belgrano. I took six classes and that was really awesome as I didn’t have to pay a ton, as at home classes are super expensive. I loved my apartment and all the Mente apartments I’ve seen are really nice. Buenos Aires is a really fun city to be, there is always something to do and to explore. They helped me with the visa process which is a long set of steps being back and forth but I finally got my visa and they were always there to help me with that and that was great. Buenos Aires is a great city.

Mente was always involved, always around

Hi my name is Morgan, and I am from San Francisco California. I came to do a Semester Abroad at the Universidad de Belgrano. One thing that Mente did that was great that really surprised me is that they were always involved, always around, there was always something to do every week. I was able to ask them stuff that I needed for the kitchen for example, and they were always communicative and willing to solve any small issues, I think that was the best parts of Mente is that when you come to a new country is always hard and it’s super nice to have someone find you an apartment and basically apply everything for you and that made the process so much easier and so rewarding.

It’s been such an amazing experience

Hi, I am Karina from California, I came here to study abroad a semester at the Universidad de Belgrano with Mente Argentina. It’s been such an amazing experience. I loved it so much that I am choosing to stay here for a whole year. My favorite thing about Mente was all the activities they organized like Tango Shows, La Bomba del Tiempo, they were always great opportunities to meet people from all over the world, and I really loved Buenos Aires. It was super helpful because they organized everything, the apartment, the school, my visa, the paperwork... I'm really glad I chose to come here.

A beautiful place that changed my life

Hi I am Kathryn, I participated in the Intensive Summer Program and the Semester Program with Mente Argentina. My favorite thing about my trip abroad I think, no matter where you go, is always the people that you meet. Mente really helped me to get connected with lots interesting people through outside activities and the other people in the program as well. The city is so open and vibrant to foreigners, there is always something that you can do to explore the culture here. One of my favorite activities here was Mundo Lingo, and that’s where people met two or three times a week where people really just wanted to speak different languages, have fun, and learn different cultures and I had made so many long lasting friendships. I am so sad that I had to leave this beautiful place that changed my life. I cannot wait to be back, whenever that’s going to be.

I will miss it a lot!

My name is Matthew, and I am from the UK. I did a semester at the Universidad de Belgrano followed by 6 weeks of an internship. I had a really good time in Argentina. I’ve done a lot of things, I love Buenos Aires, and I got to travel to Patagonia, Mendoza, Iguazú, I even traveled in Brazil. This is a really good place to be situated in South America, and you still get to enjoy a city lifestyle. I will miss it a lot.

I had a great time I really recommend Mente.

Hi, I am Paige from California, and I did a Semester Abroad with Mente Argentina, and it was a great experience. For the last five months I was here studying at Belgrano University taking Spanish and other courses. I was taking a program with foreigners at Belgrano so it was easy to make friends and some of my classes were in English others in Spanish so it was changeling enough but still it gave me a lot of time to explore the city and I really enjoyed my classes. My Spanish improved tremendously through this program. One thing I liked about Mente was how affordable it was, and being a small program they really catered to my needs, and were very helpful as they gave me everything I needed from my home university, they were able to get everything signed, it was really helpful to get all these things down in that stressful time of wanting to go abroad. Mente does these little activities like happy hours, different tours with us, and they were helpful when I first got here and I didn’t know anyone and didn’t know the city. I stayed in a shared apartment, and it was great, I loved it. But, when I wanted to move to a home stay because I wanted to speak more Spanish, Mente was really helpful and Mente got me into a home stay within a week and I thought that was great that they just really accommodated me into a home stay in a week, that really stood up about Mente. Other than that, I really love Buenos Aires, I made a lot of friends here, I did language exchanges with people from here and I met a lot of people doing that. I took a watercolor class on my own and I took some trips and that was really easy to do. I had a great time I really recommend Mente.

Everything was very fun

Hi, we are Nina and Selina and we came together with another friend, and we are all from Bennington College in the USA, and we came to do a Semester Program with Mente. We have been here for five months and we all came to study different things. I studied visual arts at UNA,and Nina studied Social Science in UB. The three of us lived together in an apartment that Mente got for us which was really nice, and it was fun living together the three of us, learning how to survive with other people in a huge city with a different language. In the Mente Activities we went to Tigre, happy hours, Tango classes, etc, and everything was very fun, we will definitely want to come back in the future.

I liked it very much

Hi, my name is Alina and I spent one semester in Buenos Aires studying at UCA, I liked it very much and I am even thinking on spending one semester more. The city is everything you would ever want, you can explore the city every day and you will always find a new place. The people are very nice, and helpful and open and you will always get to meet many people here. Mente Argentina helped me a lot, they picked me up from the airport, orientated me about Buenos Aires and my academic program and told me everything I needed to know. I always felt very comfortable with them.

It has been a really really great experience.

Hi, my name is Campbell and I from Minnesota but I attend University of Kansas. I chose Mente Argentina and I kinda stumbled by it on accident, and I am glad that I chose it because by far it is the best program I could have done. It is more for people who are looking for more independence, I didn’t wanted to be in a program that was big hears of students being shuttled around, I didn’t wanted to be treated like a kid, I wanted more independence. I love Mente because most of the people who work there really treat you like adults, so you are given all the activities to do if you want to go, and that helps with giving you more independence. We had happy hours, and they always were really involved, is not like they set you off for an activity, they are with you. As for Argentina, I chose it because I wanted something inside America but with an European influence. The only negative thing that I was worried about was that you can’t travel as much as one would do in Europe because there are so many different cultures and they are so close to each other but I was so wrong. I was there for a full year with Mente and I have done so much traveling. Not only does Mente give you opportunities of travel because they are the hookups for all these deals that otherwise would be hard to find and they are super helpful, but you can also do a lot of traveling on your own. I went to Chile, Uruguay, and Brazil and I traveled within Argentina and I absolutely loved it. I have been up in the mountains, glacier cities, and everywhere you can imagine! Everything was amazing and Mente has helped me with all these stuff. I recommend Argentina because in Buenos Aires you get a lot, and I was debating about which city, but I know I chose the right one... Buenos Aires has it all; it has been a really really great experience.

This is really the place to go

Hello my name is April and I am from St. Petersburg, Florida and I arrive in Buenos Aires in late February. I came to study a semester abroad from about February to July in Universidad Austral. It is a really cool school, the advisors are a lot of help as it is a small school. If you are coming and you don’t know what to choose, if you want something smaller, this is really the place to go. The classes are smaller so I got to know my professors on a personal level, I go to University of Florida which is huge, so it was nice to have teachers that learned my name. Travel wise, I have been to Mar del Plata, Mendoza, Bariloche, Santiago and Valparaíso in Chile. I really love downtown especially when it lights up at night around the Obelisk, and there it kinda reminds me of Times Square in New York, and I love how bright it is, all people walking around. I actually love Buenos Aires public transportation, I have a car back home and I enjoy driving, but is nice to have an easy system that keeps you moving, and it is cheap. Finding your way in Buenos Aires can be tricky at first, but you will blend right in after a couple of weeks, I love BA.

DO IT!

Hi, I am Mike and I go to Iowa State University to study Chemical Engineering. Here in Buenos Aires with Mente Argentina I did one month of Spanish lessons and a semester of classes at the University of Belgrano. Mente is a great organization; you know that all of them are ready to take care of you. Mente is great if you need something to ask, I had a good time here and I met a lot of awesome people, so DO IT!

We had a blast

Hello everyone, my name is Olivia, I am a Junior at Bennington College in Vermont and I am from San Francisco California, USA. I have been here for 4 months doing my Semester Abroad Program in UNA, Universidad de las Artes, doing dance and contemporary ballet classes. I am also doing oil paintings and drawing classes. I took extension courses, with mostly Argentineans, so it was great to practice my Spanish 24/7. The Mente Events that happens every week, the coordinator was so much fun, we had a blast. That has been so enjoyable, seeing stuff with a group of people. I really enjoyed my experience. I have lived in cities and rural areas, but Buenos Aires is so huge, such a shock. There’s always something to do, the city has always something happening, people here go dance, to the theater, museums, and coffee breaks. That’s has been so enjoyable, having a group of people to have fun with, everybody came here with the same purpose, to study while falling in love with this beautiful city.

You will like your time here!

My name is Melanie and I come from Germany. I did a Semester Program with Mente. What I really about Mente is that they organized everything for you, such as picking you up from the airport. If you have problems they are always there to help you so you don’t have to worry about anything. I also like the Mente Events so you have a big group of friends that you see each week. I loved traveling in Argentina, it is so easy and you will like your time here!

I had no problems at all

Hey, I am Melanie and I did the Semester Abroad Program with Mente and it was just amazing. I totally recommend doing it with Mente. I had no problems at all. They host two, three events each week, such as going to museums or crazy theater shows, it’s really amazing. You should definitely do it, it just having a great time without any worries, no problems whatsoever. Just go for it!

Hi, my name is Kelsey and I just finished the Semester Program here with Mente Argentina. They set me up with the Universidad de Belgrano in their international program, meaning taking classes in Spanish with internationals, which was the perfect level because my Spanish wasn’t that great and I wasn’t with Argentines so it wasn’t intimidating. My Spanish has improved greatly. I had a home stay through Mente, and meals were including which was awesome compared to other study abroad programs. The activities through Mente were great too, and it was fun to have them as integration to Buenos Aires and the things to do in the city. I was able to be very independent and being there for Mente for any visa requirements, I never felt like I was alone and it was so much to do. I was a wonderful last semester at school and I wouldn’t have chosen anywhere else to go. Thank you Mente.

Thank you Mente for a wonderful Buenos Aires experience

Hi, I’m Peter and I did the Semester and Internship Program with Mente Argentina which were both very helpful. I learned a lot of Spanish while I was here. I worked for a company in wine tasting and we export wine in the US. It was a good field to get into as it’s a growing field in the US and here, very knowledgeable. In university all the professors were super nice, getting papers in. Everyone at Mente Argentina was really helpful, super nice, you can always shoot them an email if you need a hold of them, and they are always there. Travel experience was very fun, where you go to another country or explore this country. I got a lot of good friends from here and from abroad as well. It’s a good international community and you learn a lot from these people when you are traveling. Every barrio has its own atmosphere, the people from different barrios, different scenes. I would definitely recommend it. Thank you Mente for a wonderful Buenos Aires experience.

Hi, I’m Ryan and I did the Semester Program with Mente Argentina at the Universidad de Belgrano. I took classes in International Business, Tango, and Spanish amongst others with people from Argentina and around the world. Mente was very helpful with my visa process, making sure that it went smooth and that my classes and transcripts and all that process. My accommodation was great, super nice location that helped me move around the city easily and getting everything integrating and I highly recommend it, Buenos Aires is one of the best cities in the world and Mente will help you experience it.